5 Interceptions In Practice Today......So Far

flgreen

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think those two will be competing for a roster spot.  Eskridge was a priority UDFA.  They gave him a bonus. 

Interesting.  Didnt know that.

I guess the question is, how many safeties do they carry?  Obviously Gilchrist, Pryor...then they'll have Allen, Jarrett, Eskridge and Miles all battling for what?  2 or 3 spots?

I'm half-kidding about Cardale. I think he's probably going to test as dumb as a pigeon. That said, Goff has a puny arm.

I wouldn't be too surprised if some of those old carrier pigeons tested better. As long as he throws more tds than ints, he could test worse than a rock and I'd be okay.

I wouldn't be too surprised if some of those old carrier pigeons tested better. As long as he throws more tds than ints, he could test worse than a rock and I'd be okay.

Pigeons can't throw TDs because they don't have thumbs. What kind of med school do you go to, anyway?

Bowles said in his press conference that he felt like the guys were trying to make the best throw possible and not the right or smart throw...take what they're giving you, etc.  Sounded like they were trying to do too much on some throws.  He expects around the 2nd week of camp with the pads are on, that the offense will catch up to the defense because they can block, protect, slide and do things they cant do in these mini-camps. 

Geno Smith throws 3 INTs on first day of Jets mini-camp, coach Todd Bowles says 'turnovers always matter'

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, June 9, 2015, 5:07 PM
  •  

genoweb10s-1-web.jpgANDY LYONS/GETTY IMAGES Geno Smith has thrown 34 interceptions in his two seasons with the Jets.

Geno Smith already has the Porsche headed for the repair shop.

The Jets’ starting quarterback briefly turned Florham Park into Pick City on Tuesday, throwing three interceptions during team drills in the Jets first day of minicamp. He was picked first by Darrin Walls on a high throw that was tipped by Eric Decker, then later in red zone drills he was intercepted by both Dexter McDougle and Durell Eskridge.

It may be only June but, as Todd Bowles said Tuesday, “Turnovers always matter.”

Ryan Fitzpatrick and Bryce Petty each threw one interception apiece as well, but Smith was the worst and certainly didn’t inspire any confidence that the team is making the correct decision in essentially handing him the starting gig out of the gate.

“It’s practice, there’s a lot of things that lead to that,” Bowles said of Smith’s interceptions. “The thing you don’t want to do is when you’re in red zone drills, you don’t want to turn it over and give up the three points by any means necessary.”

Still, Bowles actually wasn’t overly critical of Smith, despite the fact that the quarterback clearly had a bad day at the office.

“Saw leadership. Made some good throws early on,” Bowles said. “Had a couple of turnovers in the red zone, which we know we can’t have, but I think all the quarterbacks did down there. Made some good throws, he’s been making some good decisions and as he grasps the offense and sees a lot of the things the defense is throwing at him, I think the growth is coming along pretty good.”

“Saw leadership. Made some good throws early on,” Bowles said. “Had a couple of turnovers in the red zone, which we know we can’t have, but I think all the quarterbacks did down there. Made some good throws, he’s been making some good decisions and as he grasps the offense and sees a lot of the things the defense is throwing at him, I think the growth is coming along pretty good.”

Rex????  is that you?

Ha Ha!

1st thing I thought of when I read the thread title!

Carr is probably looking great against that porous Raider "D".

Raiders defense going to be a lot tougher this year. Going to be really tough to run against them. ( will be one of the better teams stopping the run). The Raiders have added so many Lbs that are fast and can cover .( some of those Lb's are capable of playing safety) The question is how fast does there very young cb's develop. ( Have so many very tall Cb's who Will play techniques Seattle Cb's employ) How those Cb's play will determine just how good this Raider defense is.

Archived