5 Interceptions In Practice Today......So Far

flgreen

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Crusher, on 09 Jun 2015 - 6:21 PM, said:

You should change your name to MeanieJet.  

Can't even read your posts right now Crusher....I'm still mad at you for locking out the "Rex at it again" thread!

Where's Jeanie gonna' go now that you shut her out of her new home?

No doubt about it.

Go Dex, Go Dex, Go!  Go Dex, Go Dex, Go! 

Conversely would Dex becoming a stud (assuming Amaro and Pryor are solid contributors) would that redeem Idzik in any way?  

Add to that the potential for IK, Bohanon, Enunwa and Reilly. Could Idzik be hindsightely  revered as a prophetic sage who finds the diamonds in the rough?  

Practicing against the BEST DEFENSE in the NFL must be hell.

I find you to be a bit of a rose colored glasses wearing Jets fan. Just being honest. But your point should not be ignored. There is obviously something to that.

Geno Smith throws 3 INTs but Todd Bowles sees ‘leadership’

By Brian CostelloJune 9, 2015 | 8:41pm

The Porsche hit a speed bump.

The Jets offense, compared to a Porsche last week by guard Willie Colon, struggled Tuesday during the team’s first day of minicamp. Quarterback Geno Smith had a particularly tough day, throwing three interceptions, two during a red-zone period.

After the practice, Jets coach Todd Bowles spun it toward the positive.

“I saw leadership,” Bowles said. “[smith] made some good throws early on. He had a couple of turnovers in the red zone, which we know we can’t have but I think all the quarterbacks did down there. He made some good throws. He’s been making some good decisions. As he grasps the offense and sees a lot of things the defense has thrown at him, I think the growth has come along pretty good.”

Smith has thrown 34 interceptions in his first two seasons. Darrin Walls, Dexter McDougle and rookie Durell Eskridge picked him off Tuesday. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Bryce Petty also threw interceptions in the sloppy practice.

“There’s got to be a good give and take,” Bowles said of turnovers. “Right now I think the defense took a little bit more today.”

Speaking of Colon’s Porsche analogy, the guard said he was surprised at the reaction to the quote and spoke to Smith about what he meant.

“Thinking back on my comments, I misspoke ’cause from Day 1, Coach [Chan] Gailey said, ‘We don’t know who we are, we don’t know what we are,” Colon said. “So I guess me labeling a Porsche was me emphasizing that we got a lot of great wide receivers. … But at the end of the day, I said what I said, me and Geno’s talked about it, and we’re OK.”

Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman shot back at comments made last week by the Jets’ Antonio Cromartie, who said Sherman couldn’t be considered the NFL’s best corner because he doesn’t trail the opposition’s best receiver.

“That was unfortunate,” Sherman told NFL.com. “You’d think that after me helping him get the Pro Bowl bid this year; we went to the Super Bowl or he wouldn’t have made the Pro Bowl otherwise. And now he’s talking bad.

“I think it’s one of the things that’s just the ignorance of the public. How many great left tackles do you see switching to the right side because there’s a great D-end switches to the right side? You don’t see it. Great players stay on their side and do what they’re supposed to do.”

Cornerback Dee Milliner said he expects to be ready for training camp as he recovers from surgery on his right Achilles tendon. Milliner, the No. 9 overall pick in 2013, has been relegated to the bench after the team signed Cromartie, Darrelle Revis and Buster Skrine this offseason.

What does he think of those who call him a bust?

“Let them talk,” he said. “Let them label me as they want to label me. I didn’t get to this point for being a bust. I’m just going to go out and do what I can do and let them talk.”

Defensive end Sheldon Richardson would not say why he was not at the voluntary OTAs open to the media this spring.

“Personal,” Richardson said. “Nothing more, nothing less.”

Rookie wide receiver Devin Smith was excused from Tuesday’s practice. Bowles said Smith is going to be father and was unsure if he would be back for any of the minicamp.

"Porche hit a speed-bump"  haha

Yep, they're going to ride this to death.  Just like Sanchez got labeled with the "butt fumble" on his way out of town, Smith's going to hear the "Wrecked Porche" an awful lot if they let him play

Very mediocre group of qb's. I laugh at the people who know everything who think Fitz is Marino compared to geno

Just going over stats I've seen, Fitzpatrick was rated better then Andy Dalton, which is a massive step up from Geno. I honestly don't see how you guys don't realize how bad Geno ******* was. The fact that people actually suspected anything different then this moron throwing 3 picks blows my mind. Theirs a reason he's been consistently ranked as one of the worst qbs in the league.

Hell Fitz was in the top 10 on espns passer rating for 2014. Obviously, he's not a top 10 qb in this league, but for him not to be a massive step up from Geno is ludicrous. 

Just going over stats I've seen, Fitzpatrick was rated better then Andy Dalton, which is a massive step up from Geno. I honestly don't see how you guys don't realize how bad Geno ******* was. The fact that people actually suspected anything different then this moron throwing 3 picks blows my mind. Theirs a reason he's been consistently ranked as one of the worst qbs in the league.

Hell Fitz was in the top 10 on espns passer rating for 2014. Obviously, he's not a top 10 qb in this league, but for him not to be a massive step up from Geno is ludicrous.

Fitz isn't better than Dalton. And he isn't a massive step up from Geno. Your stats lie.

Archived