Sheldon will learn quickly no ones bigger than the team

Jetster

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said next off season. The assumption being Richardson will comeback and reestablish his value by playing lights out for the remainder of the season.

Again, aware. But since the majority of those who want to trade him have guaranteed a relapse, thus deeming his next 10 game suspension an inevitability, there really is no recouping that value. If Williams plays up to potential and someone comes offering two firsts for Sheldon, sure I'll take it, but I still think he has the highest upside of anyone on this team not named Revis and as such, not inclined to trade him, especially when he's under control for three more years. 

Can someone tell me what Sheldon said on his twitter that supposedly pissed off Jet fans?

jets fans were questioning why Sheldon wasn't at the voluntary ota"s and Richardson tweeted that he had some family affairs and they should worry about themselves

jets fans were questioning why Sheldon wasn't at the voluntary ota"s and Richardson tweeted that he had some family affairs and they should worry about themselves

Maybe his family grows the weed? 

And when he flunks his next piss test maybe we'll get a 4th rounder for him.

He'll see. Guys that fail multiple recreational drug tests can't seem to smarten up. When Josh Gordon was "playing" he was one of the best receivers in the league. What good is that now?

The Browns could have gotten great draft picks for Gordon after his first four game suspension. After his 10 game they couldn't give him away.

Does anyone really believe that now that Sheldon is one piss test away from a 10 game suspension that they would choose to throw big money to him over Wilkerson?

I would have chosen Sheldon too, before this suspension, not now. When I said "Sheldon would learn quickly" he's under contract with the Jets & now there is NO WAY the Jets will redo his contract. He gets to prove his worth getting paid under his rookie contract right to the bitter end of that contract without one iota of a chance the Jets will reup before that contract expires.

The real kicker here is that we lucked into Williams dropping to us at 6. With Sheldon on the shelf if Williams comes out guns ablazing while Sheldon is watching from home, the writing is ON THE WALL for Richardson.

Best case scenario for Jets? Williams is GREAT, we resign Mo to a deal that benefits both him & the Jets, Sheldon tears it up for the final 12 games and we trade him in the offseason or during the draft for some primo picks to a defense starved team like Dallas, Atlanta, Vikings, or some other NFC team.

I would have loved to keep him, I think he's slightly better the Mo, but we can't keep them all so you keep the guys that have the least risk of being suspended for multiple games. It's really a no brainer & Sheldon is to blame for being an idiot.

He'll still make a lot of money but he'll NEVER max out his earning potential because of his failed drug tests.

my only concern is that pot habits don't usually go away and this kid is very young. Next time he gets 10 games and then a season long long ban. is there a reset button on this kind of thing ? I don think there is. So ... to all these people wanting to keep him ... are you ok paying him 10-12 million a year when he's sitting on the bench for 10 weeks ? If Leonard Williams is the real deal I'd rather trade him for more offensive talent or maybe a stud LB.

He does come off as arrogant for his age ... like he thinks his ideas are gospel ... but all that stuff ... I could care less if he balls well.

Apparently not. I guess the 38 years I've devoted to losing sleep over this team's sh*tty performance don't mean a ******* thing because I didn't overreact to something a 21-year-old posted on twitter. 

MODS please ban.

This is blatant trolling right here.

Horrifying...  

DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri

Unlike most of the prospects with character concerns, Sheldon Richardson doesn’t have any legal issues or lengthy suspensions in his background. Still, Richardson’s background isn’t entirely spotless and there are a few things teams will want to check out

He’s made some notable comments to the media in the past about other teams (such as his comments about Georgia’s style of football) but for the most part he’s apologized for those comments and at worst this could represent some maturity issues. Perhaps more concerning to teams will be some questions surrounding his motor. He’s shown on occasion a tendency to take a play or two off. Will he stay motivated once he receives a contract?

http://optimumscouting.com/draft/articles-draft/2013-nfl-draft-top-ten-prospects-with-character-concerns.html

MODS please ban.

This is blatant trolling right here.

^

Does own a PSL?

Basically what I can gather is that people who want Sheldon off the team are still bitter about his twittering and don't like his attitude, not because of the weed.  You don't get rid of the best players on your team, because a 22 year old hurt your feelings on social media.  

I am way too old to F with Twitter first of all. I dont want to see Sheldon going anywhere but it is concerning that if he screws up again its a 10 game suspension then a year. No matter how u look at its a kick in the balls for everyone involved. Hopefully he un F's himself and this is a non isuue from here on out. What concerns me is that he is only 22 and might F up again.

I am way too old to F with Twitter first of all. I dont want to see Sheldon going anywhere but it is concerning that if he screws up again its a 10 game suspension then a year. No matter how u look at its a kick in the balls for everyone involved. Hopefully he un F's himself and this is a non isuue from here on out. What concerns me is that he is only 22 and might F up again.

exactly ... see my earlier post ... 22 years old has already ****ed up four times in 3 years. It is not if he Fs up ... but rather WHEN he Fs up. Once a pothead always a pothead ... I have seen it time and time again .... not saying he can't kick the habit ... but realistically I give him a 2% chance.

exactly ... see my earlier post ... 22 years old has already ****ed up four times in 3 years. It is not if he Fs up ... but rather WHEN he Fs up. Once a pothead always a pothead ... I have seen it time and time again .... not saying he can't kick the habit ... but realistically I give him a 2% chance.

You do realize that about 80% of the NFL smokes weed, right?

He'll see. Guys that fail multiple recreational drug tests can't seem to smarten up. When Josh Gordon was "playing" he was one of the best receivers in the league. What good is that now?

The Browns could have gotten great draft picks for Gordon after his first four game suspension. After his 10 game they couldn't give him away.

Does anyone really believe that now that Sheldon is one piss test away from a 10 game suspension that they would choose to throw big money to him over Wilkerson?

I would have chosen Sheldon too, before this suspension, not now. When I said "Sheldon would learn quickly" he's under contract with the Jets & now there is NO WAY the Jets will redo his contract. He gets to prove his worth getting paid under his rookie contract right to the bitter end of that contract without one iota of a chance the Jets will reup before that contract expires.

The real kicker here is that we lucked into Williams dropping to us at 6. With Sheldon on the shelf if Williams comes out guns ablazing while Sheldon is watching from home, the writing is ON THE WALL for Richardson.

Best case scenario for Jets? Williams is GREAT, we resign Mo to a deal that benefits both him & the Jets, Sheldon tears it up for the final 12 games and we trade him in the offseason or during the draft for some primo picks to a defense starved team like Dallas, Atlanta, Vikings, or some other NFC team.

I would have loved to keep him, I think he's slightly better the Mo, but we can't keep them all so you keep the guys that have the least risk of being suspended for multiple games. It's really a no brainer & Sheldon is to blame for being an idiot.

He'll still make a lot of money but he'll NEVER max out his earning potential because of his failed drug tests.

you are working under the assumption that the jets want to re-sign 1 of the 2. Wilkerson or Sheldon. it might be that the jets have no interest in re-signing either player. they have 3 legit starters in wilks,Richardson, and Williams playing only 2 positions. the jets might be thinking " why spend 12m a year on mo when he has trade value and there are 2 other guys who can do the job at 1/6th the cost"? this is of course if Williams plays well and Richardson doesn't get caught again. the jets basically control sheldons contract for 3 more years and then can franchise tag him for another year. they own Williams for 5 years, as well. gives the jets 4 years to find richardsons replacement. something the jets seem to do well in the draft. they might want to spend that money on re-signing 2 players(coples & snacks?) for basically the same money. never mind the draft pick compensation

.....what...........4 ****ups...........in 3 yrs.....................are you talking about....

.............................?

.....what...........4 ****ups...........in 3 yrs.....................are you talking about....

.............................?

To be suspended you need 3 prior infractions.  The first 3 are not made league public.  The first infraction results in being put into the drug offender program, meaning you are subject to a ridiculously rigid testing program.  The second is a 2 game paycheck  fine, the 3rd is a 4 game paycheck fine.  The 4th infraction results in a 4 game suspension from playing (as well as the paychecks).  His first infraction could have taken place in college, I believe having a college infraction automatically puts you in the drug program upon entering the league, but I could be wrong on that. 

Bottom line for a guy who runs his big mouth alot and wants to be paid, he sure has made some incredibly stupid decisions.  His next infraction results in 10 games suspended.  Note that I said "infraction".  Simply missing a drug test is considered an infraction. 

Sheldon is a defensive Ricky Williams/Josh Gordon.  To get to this point you really have to have a total reckless disregard for the consequences and/or be completely stupid.  This cost him millions of dollars.  Who is going to sign him long term with some huge up front signing bonus when he's liable to be suspended for almost a year at any given moment?   

Lol so now he's a cancer? Get outta here. Santonio was a cancer. Guys like Sheldon who are chasing 190 lb players 80 yards downfield in an abortion of a season are not team cancers.

Telling fans that he can't attend camp b/c 'I have a life too and to mind your own business' and then allegedly failing multiple drug tests would certainly be on the verge of becoming a team cancer. I understand that he's still somewhat of a college boy and I'll cut him some slack b/c he's young but he behavior needs to mature. You have to understand that essentially he is paid to be a role model for younger generations.

Telling fans that he can't attend camp b/c 'I have a life too and to mind your own business' and then allegedly failing multiple drug tests would certainly be on the verge of becoming a team cancer. I understand that he's still somewhat of a college boy and I'll cut him some slack b/c he's young but he behavior needs to mature. You have to understand that essentially he is paid to be a role model for younger generations.

Lol gotcha. So now, not showing up to optional activities = cancer. Or does it again come down to the fact that a kid made you upset because he told you to get a life on teh social media?  

You do realize that about 80% of the NFL smokes weed, right?

Ask me if I care ??? It's against the rules and he is a habitual offender ... I don't want my GM spending huge dollars on a guy that is one puff away from missing 10 games and two puffs away from missing an entire season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ask me if I care ??? It's against the rules and he is a habitual offender ... I don't want my GM spending huge dollars on a guy that is one puff away from missing 10 games and two puffs away from missing an entire season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Narc.

Lol gotcha. So now, not showing up to optional activities = cancer. Or does it again come down to the fact that a kid made you upset because he told you to get a life on teh social media?

Look bro if he's skipping camp to do drugs that's certainly not behavior that you would look for in a player. He violated the rules presumably more than once and it's going to cost him.

Look bro if he's skipping camp to do drugs that's certainly not behavior that you would look for in a player. He violated the rules presumably more than once and it's going to cost him.

Gotcha, the only reason Sheldon could have missed optional training camp was so he could get high.  Glad he took time out of his constant state of being stoned to make it to the other half of non-mandatory activities.  Probably ran out of weed. 

Gotcha, the only reason Sheldon could have missed optional training camp was so he could get high.  Glad he took time out of his constant state of being stoned to make it to the other half of non-mandatory activities.  Probably ran out of weed. 

O Yea bro dude def doesn't get high

you are working under the assumption that the jets want to re-sign 1 of the 2. Wilkerson or Sheldon. it might be that the jets have no interest in re-signing either player. they have 3 legit starters in wilks,Richardson, and Williams playing only 2 positions. the jets might be thinking " why spend 12m a year on mo when he has trade value and there are 2 other guys who can do the job at 1/6th the cost"? this is of course if Williams plays well and Richardson doesn't get caught again. the jets basically control sheldons contract for 3 more years and then can franchise tag him for another year. they own Williams for 5 years, as well. gives the jets 4 years to find richardsons replacement. something the jets seem to do well in the draft. they might want to spend that money on re-signing 2 players(coples & snacks?) for basically the same money. never mind the draft pick compensation

You would have to think that the value for Richardson just dropped considering he is 1 test away from a 10 game suspension.  I have no idea what teams were offering for Gordon after his 4 game suspension but I remember there was talk of them moving him.  Must not have met their price which in hindsite was too much considering Gordon is watching games instead of playing.  Cant be good for Richardson's value right now.

You would have to think that the value for Richardson just dropped considering he is 1 test away from a 10 game suspension.  I have no idea what teams were offering for Gordon after his 4 game suspension but I remember there was talk of them moving him.  Must not have met their price which in hindsite was too much considering Gordon is watching games instead of playing.  Cant be good for Richardson's value right now.

Some Jet fans wanted to give up a first and a player..LOL

I called into NFL radio to get Dominic's thoughts about protecting the team with his contract when it comes up. He said there were a few triggers the Jets could use. Small up front money with huge availability bonuses ... basically pay as you play but huge money.

• 2 weeks later...

Basically what I can gather is that people who want Sheldon off the team are still bitter about his twittering and don't like his attitude, not because of the weed.  You don't get rid of the best players on your team, because a 22 year old hurt your feelings on social media.

What do you have to say now?!?! Still think the smart ones that EASILY saw this coming are butt hurt from some twitter crap?

It's the rage of some Jet fans that got their feelings hurt from Sheldons twitter comments.. Sheldon's pot cost him 600 thousand this year.. That's enough pot to keep Tom Shane high for a month..  :animal0029:

And what do you have to say now?

Archived