***** Official NY Jets vs Detroit Lions Game Thread *****

JoeC36

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously wtf is going on with Amaro?

I'd be kind of okay with the idea of us drafting yet another bust at TE... but if you consider the caliber of the WRs taken in the 2nd round of that draft, you puke in your mouth more than the customary Jets amount.

He will be fine; this is his first NFL game and he is excited. Not his fault the refs won't let you tackle qbs. 

This.

If you consider the fact that Gholston never got near a QB ever... Mauldin is already light years ahead of that turd.

i don't get why the jets o keeps handing off with petty.  are they trying to teach him this?

why does the jets 2nd string offensive line get manhandled every freakin year in preseason?  do all their drafting sucks?

Part of learning to play QB in the NFL, when you've been in an offense like Petty ran in college, is to learn to read defenses before the snap. It doesn't matter that he's handing off, the reps are valuable. He's got to learn the pace of the game, he's got to learn to read the defense, there's a lot on his plate... let him hand it off so our FO can get a look at our OL and RB in the process. 

The tackling has been atrocious but hey, it's the first preseason game.

I've come to the conclusion over the past couple years — perhaps since they passed the new CBA — that the new rules about contact in practice have made tackling something that doesn't really get done well by any team until about week 3, when the players are used to hitting again.

i don't get why the jets o keeps handing off with petty. are they trying to teach him this?

why does the jets 2nd string offensive line get manhandled every freakin year in preseason? do all their drafting sucks?

The line is the reason I'm thinking we don't get to see him throw. I could care less about our starters getting beat up cause there was obviously no game plan given our week. Plus Jim Caldwell was probably only ever allowed to coach preseason in Indy so this is his time to shine. The missed catches and tackles are bothering me though

Archived