the hit on mccown

cant wait

Davis isnt getting enough credit on the hit....he is the one who knocked mccowan out of the game....and it's his hit that knocked the ball loose.

I'm not a Pryor supporter. but watching that clip, it looks like the ball was loose before Davis delivered the hit. In fact, I watched it like 10 times in a row because I thought that 
Davis was the one who knocked it out, but it's pretty clear the ball was loose before Davis hit him. Pryor knocked the ball loose. 

What are some of you watching. The ball is falling to the ground before Davis ever touches Mccown. But it's good to know that if Pyror's hit had only semi-dislodged the ball that Davis would have likely finished the job. Either way. it's great to see Pyror making big plays. That is what he was brought in here to do and I think Bowles' system is best suited to make him a player. His coverage skills.......

It was a Pryor > Davis alley-oop... totally clean play and one of the best defensive plays I've seen in a long time from the jets. nice to see pryor start doing what he was drafted for. Making punishing plays over the middle

Pryor went low and McCown leaped right over him. It was Davis that nailed McCown and spun him like a helicopter. Pryor is improving at some things but I don't give him credit for that play.

Was a punishing blow!!! After looking at the replay today i am surprised we didnt get a flag for davis' hit to the head. Glad he didnt :)

Davis will be writing a check on Wednesday.

It wasn't his fault that he hit McCown helmet-to-helmet, but the NFL doesn't care if it was on purpose or an accident.

He will be fined.

It was Pryor's hit that knocked it loose.

Pryor never touched McCown. He went low and McCown dove right over him. Davis came flying in from the left and blasted him in mid air, and spun him like a top. Pryor showed some good things against the Browns but I don't credit him for that play. 

Pryor never touched McCown. He went low and McCown dove right over him. Davis came flying in from the left and blasted him in mid air, and spun him like a top. Pryor showed some good things against the Browns but I don't credit him for that play. 

Lol. Watch the gif in the OP. It's obvious Pryor knocked the ball out before Davis hit him. 

You might want to watch it again. It was Pryor.

Davis will be writing a check on Wednesday.

It wasn't his fault that he hit McCown helmet-to-helmet, but the NFL doesn't care if it was on purpose or an accident.

He will be fined.

Once you take off, the QB loses all protection.  He was a running back diving forward, totally legal.

that's incorrect brother.  Pryor jarred the ball loose BEFORE Davis turned McNown into a twirling helicopter blade.

It was a Pryor > Davis alley-oop... totally clean play and one of the best defensive plays I've seen in a long time from the jets. nice to see pryor start doing what he was drafted for. Making punishing plays over the middle

Apologies - Your video was not real good, but I watched it again on TIVO and you are right. Pryor blows McCown up and strips the ball out.

That what I thought at first, but Pryor put his helmet right on the ball.  

Best play of his career, by far. 

Good play by both.  Horrible play by McCown.  I appreciate him trying to score and all but to go airborne with 2 defenders about to blast you is not a smart move on his part.

The defensive play could've been made by most players in the league in all honesty.  

translation:  I've argued that Pryor sucks all summer and can't believe he made the play, lol

pryor played a strong game yesterday, let's hope this is what we have back there

Take notes, McCown.  All you gotta do next time is hold onto the football...and win the Super Bowl...and you're a hero.  That simple.

It's funny I remembered that Elway play as being for a TD but obviously it was not. I am assuming it was a key first down and then TD punched it in. Weird how memory works.

Good play by both.  Horrible play by McCown.  I appreciate him trying to score and all but to go airborne with 2 defenders about to blast you is not a smart move on his part.

The defensive play could've been made by most players in the league in all honesty.  

Fumbling is bad, but I'd rather go airborne than try to take them on head first.  Randall Cunningham always jumped before he got hit because if you aren't planted that is when things twist and pop.  When you are up in the air it looks more dramatic, but there is usually less chance of injury.  I guess he could have slid

Fumbling is bad, but I'd rather go airborne than try to take them on head first.  Randall Cunningham always jumped before he got hit because if you aren't planted that is when things twist and pop.  When you are up in the air it looks more dramatic, but there is usually less chance of injury.  I guess he could have slid

It was 3rd down so it would be hard for me to say he should've slid but it was definitely the smart move.  McCown is not even close to a skill player though so the airborne move was just horrible IMO.

Archived