fitz apologists

kmnj

Once again, this is what we're getting.  A QB who has some decent days and bad days, but overall isn't completely awful.  Fitz being better than our other options was never some big point in Fitz's favor; it was merely a statement on how bad our QB's have been.  It's also why, though I've supported Fitz this season, I've said time and again that our 2016 starter is not on the roster currently (unless Petty develops quickly).  Neither Fitz nor Geno should be a reason we fail to re-enter the QB market this coming offseason.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one is enshrining Fitz into the Hall of Fame. The "apologists" as you call them, simply believe that Fitz is less awful than Geno. It's that simple. Not sure where the confusion is.

the confusion was on the field yesterday lol.

Geno has had an awful supporting cast the last two years, not that it is overwhelmingly better now, I would still like to see what he could do with a healthy trio of Decker, Marshall and Smith.  We, as fans, deserve to see what he can do.   Fitz is not an NFL caliber QB - we know that.

Exactly the way I feel Fitz has failed many times before this stint with the Jets Geno never had an offense like the one we currently have let see what he can do. 

No one is enshrining Fitz into the Hall of Fame. The "apologists" as you call them, simply believe that Fitz is less awful than Geno. It's that simple. Not sure where the confusion is.

Her's how I stand:  1.  Always thought Fitz was a JAG/JAG minus QB,

2.  Always knew Geno sucked (But was surprised at the level of his "dickiness").

Fitz was awful, he cost us the game.  I know the last INT wasn't his fault but he missed so many receivers, made so many poor decisions- he just killed us.  the D wasn't at their best but they played well enough to win if the O(and STs) gives them any help.

Fitz was lousy, that said, Marshall threw away a ball that led to a TD, we gave up a punt return TD, and Marshall had a ball go right through his hands for another INT when we were in scoring position.

The game plan on offense was atrocious, this insisting on running the ball on stacked boxes has to stop. The intermediate stuff has been working, use it to open up the running game, not the other way around.

In addition, the refs were horrid and completely one sided yesterday.

Geno is garbage, watch the fight between Harper and Papblepon in the Nats dugout yesterday, immediately broken up, immediately. The fact that a locker room of people and nobody jumped in to break it up is so telling of what Geno is. The Geno lovers need to come to grips with the fact that Geno is garbage, so is Fitz, Fitz is just less of garbage and a different type of garbage.

Fitz was lousy, that said, Marshall threw away a ball that led to a TD, we gave up a punt return TD, and Marshall had a ball go right through his hands for another INT when we were in scoring position.

The game plan on offense was atrocious, this insisting on running the ball on stacked boxes has to stop. The intermediate stuff has been working, use it to open up the running game, not the other way around.

Geno is garbage, watch the fight between Harper and Papblepon in the Nats dugout yesterday, immediately broken up, immediately. The fact that a locker room of people and nobody jumped in to break it up is so telling of what Geno is. The Geno lovers need to come to grips with the fact that Geno is garbage, so is Fitz, Fitz is just less of garbage and a different type of garbage.

I would argue that Fitz is the type of garbage you just this moment put into the kitchen pail. Things like vegetable shavings, coffee grounds, spent tissues, etc.  Geno garbage is more like rotting pork trimmings and other animal entrails left accidentally in the pail before a two month vacation abroad.

Right. Fitz's lackluster arm tackling, crappy blocking and poor punt coverage did the Jets in way before he dropped any passes or insanely asinine laterals.  

Per nyjunc Fitz is awful yet at one time Mark Sanchez was a top 10 QB.  He is to be trusted on all things related to Jet QB's.

fitzuh is good enuff to get jets to 7-9 or 8-8 and into perpetual QB purgatory. Meaning that Jets will draft in late teens early twenties. Very tough to get a stud there.

Play Geno, he has more talent and if Gailey can fix him, the team could get to 10-6, or 4-12 and at least have a shot at getting a stud.  Geno has never had weapons like this either. Jets are very boring to watch with Fitzugh at helm

I guess there's entertainment value in watching Geno find new and creative ways to miss talented receivers with his throws as opposed to missing average or sh*tty receivers. 

Well before you toss away a 2nd rd pick, might as well see what he can do with NFL caliber wrs and a real OC.  Jets cannot beat pats with this offense. Bellie is having wet dreams already.

+1

He's a really good backup who was brought in to provide Geno with another voice and hopefully never get into a game.  He was forced into the starting role by IK and he gave us two wins and now theres too much tape of him as a starter showing everyone his limitations in this offense with this group.  The Eagles showed the blueprint, stack the box, sell out stopping the run and if Fitz isnt perfect the Jets are in trouble and the TOs will pile up. 

That doesn't make you love Geno, thats the way it played out

So relevant. lol. 

Okay, i'll stop joking on our QB. Geno needs to step the f up or the Jets need to trade for Mike Glennon! :-)

I guess there's entertainment value in watching Geno find new and creative ways to miss talented receivers with his throws as opposed to missing average or sh*tty receivers. 

Its easily as entertaining as reading all the excuses why he shouldn't get a shot at playing with real NFL talent around him.  With seeing if he has developed.  If his last 4 games a year ago were due to development, not luck.  

Right. Fitz's lackluster arm tackling, crappy blocking and poor punt coverage did the Jets in way before he dropped any passes or insanely asinine laterals.  

his poor throws, poor reads, poor decisions killed us all game long.  STs and D helped but if Fitz is even average we have a great chance to win yesterday.  he killed us all afternoon just like he did at Indy except this time we didn't get 5 TOs to hide that fact.

The original plan was that Geno would've been the starter, and would've had until the bye week to demonstrate that he deserved the job, or they would use a that week to get Fitzpatrick ready. Now the roles are reversed. Fitz gets the start next week in London, but if his physical limitations are again a culprit in a loss to the fish, that bye week might be used to hand Geno the keys to the Porche. 

Per nyjunc Fitz is awful yet at one time Mark Sanchez was a top 10 QB.  He is to be trusted on all things related to Jet QB's.

2010 he was but this is not about mark Sanchez(though trailing by 10 w/ 4 mis left on the road he led us to a win but again this is not about Mark).  Fitz was awful, has struggled through 3 games but it was masked b/c of all the TOs our D created.

He becomes horrible without a run game.  With a run game he can manage a team.  But if you have no run game and need him to carry your team you are falling fat on your face.  Pretty much consensus around here.

Probably a pretty fair assessment of Fitz and most mid to below-average QBs in the league.

Once again, this is what we're getting.  A QB who has some decent days and bad days, but overall isn't completely awful.  Fitz being better than our other options was never some big point in Fitz's favor; it was merely a statement on how bad our QB's have been.  It's also why, though I've supported Fitz this season, I've said time and again that our 2016 starter is not on the roster currently (unless Petty develops quickly).  Neither Fitz nor Geno should be a reason we fail to re-enter the QB market this coming offseason.

Lesser of two evils but people getting it twisted as if there is some Fitzpatrick fan club among Jets fans. He was always designed to be a stop gap should Geno implode or get hurt, and that's exactly what it is. The team is competitive but he is going to throw up some clunkers.

the confusion was on the field yesterday lol.

Lol yeah. I'm just happy to have competitive football while awaiting the Savior to arrive. 40+ years and counting. Might as well try to be competitive in the meantime.

Her's how I stand:  1.  Always thought Fitz was a JAG/JAG minus QB,

2.  Always knew Geno sucked (But was surprised at the level of his "dickiness").

In the land of the blind the One Eyed Man is king

The original plan was that Geno would've been the starter, and would've had until the bye week to demonstrate that he deserved the job, or they would use a that week to get Fitzpatrick ready. Now the roles are reversed. Fitz gets the start next week in London, but if his physical limitations are again a culprit in a loss to the fish, that bye week might be used to hand Geno the keys to the Porche. 

What do you think happens in London?  

I honestly think we see a team with Eagles level of feistiness we saw yesterday that will make Fitz's job easier to get the solid win - but not end this discussion. 

So next three games are: Dolphins / Redskins / Patriots

Barring QB injury Jets go 5-1 with win over Pats and there is no more discussion to have here, no matter good or poorly RF plays.

Jets go 4-2 w/ loss to Pats still Fitz's job to lose. 

3-3 Fitz on shorter leash (provided he's substantial part of the losses) JetNation Fitzhaters at fever pitch, some media speculation.

2-4 Hello Geno?

I don't think think there is much point hazarding guesses beyond the Patriot game because that date is such a heavy circle on the calendar.

Its easily as entertaining as reading all the excuses why he shouldn't get a shot at playing with real NFL talent around him.  With seeing if he has developed.  If his last 4 games a year ago were due to development, not luck.  

He was great the final few games of 2013 too.  It's meaningless.  But whatever, neither Fitz nor Geno are our answer beyond this season, so if we start to slide out of the playoff hunt, I'm fine with them throwing Geno in there.  Maybe he'll win some more late-season games against mathematically eliminated teams and then we can trade him for a 4th rounder.

Everyone argues Fitz and Geno aren't the answer when does Bowles turn this team over to Bryce Petty. 

I would hope Bowles and Gailey have plenty of patience there.  We've said for years it would be beneficial for a rookie QB to sit for a year rather than have to force him into action.  Let him do that.  He should not be taking any meaningful snaps this year.

I love how this keeps being brought up. How long does it take to fire off a punch . If Paplebon chose to hit Harper there was no one there to stop him. It got broken up because a little more restraint was shown by Papblebon as opposed to the loose cannon otherwise known as IK. Plus a dugout during a game is a little more crowded and attentive than a locker room hours before practice.  Hate Geno all you want but stop making up sh*t to bolster your argument.

What do you think happens in London?  

I honestly think we see a team with Eagles level of feistiness we saw yesterday that will make Fitz's job easier to get the solid win - but not end this discussion.

A lot of people here were saying if we went 1-3 Geno would definitely be in and at 2-2 it would be kind of a 50/50 decision.  If we win in London to improve to 3-1 there's no way you can justify removing him at the bye. 

This will be a "home" game for Miami but let's hope the European fans respect the beard.

Why do topics like this that say so and so is a jag really mean I love the player he is competing with thus me calling him a jag makes my pet player look better?

Look - if you bought a Smith #7 jersey in 2013, you will be forever curious about the next game, about when Geno finally gets his weapons, about his maturing process (lol), about his upside, about the throws only Geno can make.  That purchase provided its wearer special cornerback-like powers to blot out memories of quarterback going whole halves without a first down vs. nobody defenses and multiple pick-sixes games (including the ever special opening drive pick-six, the signature Geno gift). Tis a powerful garment.

A lot of people here were saying if we went 1-3 Geno would definitely be in and at 2-2 it would be kind of a 50/50 decision.  If we win in London to improve to 3-1 there's no way you can justify removing him at the bye. 

This will be a "home" game for Miami but let's hope the European fans respect the beard.

Just remember that few voices are louder than an idiot's in a 'what-have-you-done-for-me-lately' world. Jets are 2-1.

Can anybody name one actual Fitz apologist who thinks this guy is the Jets having finally addressed the QB situation in a meaningful way? I honestly don't know that I've seen anybody who rises to the level of a Fitz apologist. Just lots of people who think, unfortunately, that he is the best QB on the roster right now.

This game was painful to be in attendance. Philly, minus Sproles didn't look like anything special and we just continued shooting ourselves in the foot. Constantly getting great field position only to punt on 3rd and 1. Ivory was sorely missed. Marshall and his bonehead lateral, sh*t Ints in Philly territory, lack of pass rush and we lose by 7 points. The sky isn't falling but we need to bounce back big time from that performance. And Fitz, please learn how to throw a faaaackin long ball will ya!

And the officiating blew big time as well. BIG TIME.

Archived