fitz apologists

kmnj

The point your missing is the people involved.. Could this happen between me and you?? No because if I owed you money it would have been paid on the spot and I know you would have done the same.. Your using common sense rules and it applying it to 2 players with a thug mentality.. IK was known to be a hot head thug and Geno was a lightweight thug used to pushing around 72 year old coaches on the field and thought he could out thug IK.. He was wrong..

So you're excusing the crime because you're assuming theyre both have thug like mentality?  The goofy idea that Geno once shoved a coach getting off the field or whatever during a game makes him a thug is laughable, especially whey youre comparing him to IK.  And again, just because someone did something years earlier it doesnt mean he's allowed to get punched out.  Over a IOU.  You don't seem to get it.

And once again, what does any of this have to do with the original point, that if not for IKs punch Geno was starting this season????

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punch happened over 7 weeks ago and some jets fans can't get over it .. Still trying to talk about it like they where in the room and know what exactly happened..  It's football fights happen for all sorts of reasons get over it . It wasn't the first and won't be the last . 

It has nothing to do with Fitz not being able to throw a 15 yard pass without it being a 50/50 jump situation .. 

Nobody except maybe you were saying the Geno was outplaying Fitz either at that time.  Fitz was still coming off an injury and it made sense to have Geno open TC the presumptive starter which is what happened.  Somebody has to get reps wioth the #1s and they made that decision with a little help from the injury rehab.  We had not payed a single preseason game nor had we even scrimmaged when that punch happened.  To assert as a proven fact then Geno was playing great and clearly outplaying Fitz is a totally BS assertion given where we were at in TC.

No one?

That would make you wrong.  

I'd argue that. I don;t think there's many who view him as a "leader", but I would wager there's more than a few - especially those playing WR - who want "the kid" as they say to get a shot - so they (the receivers) can make a play on the ball that doesn't include defending the interception. 

Since when did Geno become an accurate QB?  Having a better arm doesn't mean the ball is placed where it needs to be placed.  Oh, I think Marshall would love to have geno back there but unless Geno somehow has made huge strides he will still not see the field well, make poor decisions and hold the ball too long, all of which negates the arm

So you're excusing the crime because you're assuming theyre both have thug like mentality?  The goofy idea that Geno once shoved a coach getting off the field or whatever during a game makes him a thug is laughable, especially whey youre comparing him to IK.  And again, just because someone did something years earlier it doesnt mean he's allowed to get punched out.  Over a IOU.  You don't seem to get it.

And once again, what does any of this have to do with the original point, that if not for IKs punch Geno was starting this season????

I agree with that 100%, what you don't seem to understand is if you mess with a known hot head the results may not be good.. IK shouldn't have hit him but Geno should have not let it go that far.. You seem to think Geno is totally innocent and I don't so lets agree to disagree..

No one?

That would make you wrong.  

My recollection of camp reports were that both were playing pretty well, or, occasionally that both were stinking it up  although Geno was getting a majority of reps with the 1's

Camp was just starting.

We had not played a single game.

Saying Geno was outplaying Fitz is a unilateral wet dream of Geno Fan boys.

Changes your point exactly how?  It was battery because he made physical contact helps you in which way?  

Just thought it was funny that you admonished another poster with, "You need to get a grasp of what an assault is," when you don't have that grasp yourself. Carry on with your Intertube rage.

Since when did Geno become an accurate QB?  Having a better arm doesn't mean the ball is placed where it needs to be placed.  Oh, I think Marshall would love to have geno back there but unless Geno somehow has made huge strides he will still not see the field well, make poor decisions and hold the ball too long, all of which negates the arm

isn't his deep ball accuracy one of the higher rates in the league? 

Yes, that's exactly what your doing sticking your head in the sand regarding Fitzy's limitations.

LOL, i haven't even mentioned Fitz in any of my posts. I know he sucks and i have said so many times.

Everything i have said in these threads is substantiating my opinion that Geno is absolute dog-sh*t as a QB.

Its hilarious how you casually 'don't care' about the fact that 7 of his 12 INT were on passes thrown over 20+ yards. THAT's called sticking your head in your sand. Because having a SHTRAWNG ARM, even though you can't hit a barn-door, is really important...i'm sure DBs will be quivering in fear.

The coaching staff will go back to Geno at some point this year. If Fitz doesn't improve that will be soon. I have been saying all along that Geno will get another shot.

What does he do with that shot? Time will tell.

But we aren't winning the Super Bowl with Fitz. So by the end of this year they need to know what they have in Geno as well.

Fitz is limited.  Geno is far more so.  What is your point?

Let's see Geno can run better, has a much stronger arm , over the course of their careers have roughly the same int%. Geno has won more games in a single season than this 11 year super vet has.

So I guess the limitation on Geno is his supposed lack of intelligence. Well we saw yesterday how the uber smart field general mastered the hurry up offense as they dinked and dunked down the field while constantly using most of the play clock.  The so called limitations on Geno are based on perception and the fact fans here simply do not like him ( draft day  drama, IK punch, missed meeting) while the limitations on Fitz are physical.

I'm bordering on shocked, that you feel this way. 

You're not some belligerent, short sighted fan. I can't imagine why you're being as absolute about Geno as you are. Being a fellow draft junkie, I KNOW you're not dense about things like QB's expectations over the first two years, playing amidst a circus, have zero/none/negative talent and leadership around to function with on offense.... and now we have a situation which is ripe for development and success both off and on the field - and you're writing him off - for Fitz?? 

Make no mistake, I'm not saying Geno looks the part of a franchise QB. But what version of reality does Geno look promising in the first 2 years here?  If nothing else, I want him out there sooner than later to avoid a late season spectacle in which he looks good and thrusts this franchise back into a tough situation next offseason. We need to know unequivocally what we have going into next offseason. Right now, I can't say we know that, and I'm still shocked you feel you do.

Because having a SHTRAWNG ARM, even though you can't hit a barn-door, is really important...i'm sure DBs will be quivering in fear.

Two things regularly overlooked: 

1) Geno has never cost an NFL defense or defensive coordinator a minute's worth of sleep. 

2) There are 31 teams in the league that wouldn't trade a bag of balls for Geno.

Let's see Geno can run better, has a much stronger arm , over the course of their careers have roughly the same int%. Geno has won more games in a single season than this 11 year super vet has.

So I guess the limitation on Geno is his supposed lack of intelligence. Well we saw yesterday how the uber smart field general mastered the hurry up offense as they dinked and dunked down the field while constantly using most of the play clock.  The so called limitations on Geno are based on perception and the fact fans here simply do not like him ( draft day  drama, IK punch, missed meeting) while the limitations on Fitz are physical.

Fitzpatrick failed miserably yesterday when put under pressure and in certain game situations I want to see Geno Smith run this team so we know which direction we need to head in sooner than later. 

1) Geno has never cost an NFL defense or defensive coordinator a minute's worth of sleep. 

2) There are 31 teams in the league that wouldn't trade a bag of balls for Geno.

The same can be said about INTFitzpatrick 5 teams in 6 years already says that as well. 

nobody was complaining about fitz after the first two games.  the problem was they spotted phily 24 points and had to throw most every play starting in the 2nd quarter.  fitz isn't a good deep ball thrower and really missed decker, but still, the plan to win with fitz isn't having him sling it around like farve.  sure he had some bad throws, but the eagles knew he had to throw them.  there's enough blame to go around for this loss, from marshall to special teams to demario davis (how bad does he suck?) to the offensive line.  

yeah but you can't win in this league unless you can throw it around like Favre 

You did a fine job summing up the Geno hate Mehl... I like Fitz but he's a stop gap not the answer and I'm not getting any younger..LOL

My recollection of camp reports were that both were playing pretty well, or, occasionally that both were stinking it up  although Geno was getting a majority of reps with the 1's

Camp was just starting.

We had not played a single game.

Saying Geno was outplaying Fitz is a unilateral wet dream of Geno Fan boys.

The camp reports were that Geno looked like a different QB and Fitz was sucking it up.  Fitz was throwing INTs every day and Geno went 13 or so without a single INT.  

To call it a wet dream is pure nonsense.  What is comical is that the anti Geno contingent hollered loud and clear they wanted a open competition, best man win.  Until it was obvious to anyone who could read or watch SNY that Geno was winning, then the whole summer became a blur. 

But hey, those whos memory is intact you can call a fan boy.  because as we all know saying Fitz didnt have a great camp makes you a Geno fanboy.  Whatever makes you feel good,

Im going to ask you a question, and please take your time finding the answer if need be. 

When has Geno every had weapons around him anywhere close to Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin and Lance Alworth? 

Fitz has been a Jet for 15 minutes and he's already had a better group of weapons around him than Geno has had in 2 years. 

The hate for Geno is just so irrational it makes it hard to have an intelligent conversation here. Can you imagine for one second what Fitz would have done with the "weapons" we had the last two years???    As bad as Geno was he was still 8-8 as a RAW rookie with NO legit weapons; That is 2 more wins than Fitz has managed in 10 seasons.  I want to see Fitz do well but there is one thing you can't teach and that is ARM STRENGTH.  I think we have seen over the first THREE games that he is severely limited in that area.  The int he threw trying connect with Smith was very similar to the one he threw in the first game; if Marshall doesn't make an incredible and improbable strip and takeaway, who knows how that game goes.   I am prepared to give Fitz until the bye week.  If he continues to struggle and more importantly, if the team is losing, I will have no problem going back to Geno because it will be obvious we are not going anywhere with Fitz and we need to find out once and for all if Geno can do the job with improved weapons. 

and when has Fitz ever cost a D or DC a minutes worth of sleep?

Archived