Texans Release Ryan Mallett

JetFreak89

I feel bad for O'Brien he's actually a good guy in real life he just bought into the whole "this guy held a clipboard for Brady hence he's the next Steve Young" hype

I wish Tx was still around it would be hysterical to bust his chops about this he was a huge Mallet guy.

I really liked Tx too.  He was one that came to my defense early on.  

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to post "Cue the "sign Ryan Mallet" to be FItz' backup QB crowd in 3...2..."

but in all honestly, there can't be fans out there that would be that stupid.....could there? 

What's going on with Geno.  I haven't seen anything in the forum about him lately.  

On the topic of Mallett,  I doubt the Jets or their fans would want him.  

I really liked Tx too.  He was one that came to my defense early on.  

Strike two

The track record of former Patriot backups is not looking good right about now.  Mallett, Matt Cassel, Matt Flynn, Kevin O'Connell, Damon Huard, Rohan Davey.....all terrible.  Brian Hoyer might be the only one who ends up with a halfway decent career.

Tom Brady?

BB probably recognized he was a meathead.  

Unlike most here, I think BB is a pretty smart coach. YES, Brady makes him look elite but he is good regardless.

So all the former Brady back ups were meatheads?? BB is a HOF HC too bad he always has to push beyond what he has to when he would win anyway..

In NE, O'Brien saw the Patriots turn professional grocery clerks and UPS drivers into functional NFL OG's that were at least as good as Sua Filho, whom the Texans burned a high-second round pick on.   Drafting that JAG instead of his choice of Carr or Garoppolo is a mistake that will haunt him right into the unemployment line.     

I watched Hard Knocks and was really taken back by Bill O'Brien. In my mind I envisioned him as a no nonsense Belichek type of guy. He actually reminded me of Rex honestly, and seemed real scatterbrained. My honest opinion is he's the source of HOU's problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOU is an absolute train wreck.  O'Brien has done a horrible
job with the QB position and their defense is a laughingstock.
Mallett is a child who during "Hard Knocks" overslept and missed
practice while he was still competing for the starting job.
Him missing a plane just shows how much of a moron he is, only
a stupid team would pick him up

Paging Rex Ryan...

I watched Hard Knocks and was really taken back by Bill O'Brien. In my mind I envisioned him as a no nonsense Belichek type of guy. He actually reminded me of Rex honestly, and seemed real scatterbrained. My honest opinion is he's the source of HOU's problems.

no their problem is they have no qb

Obrien is a Prick.

Brady and Obrien would argue on the sidelines. At Penn state, he struck me as having a short fuse.

HOU is an absolute train wreck.  O'Brien has done a horrible
job with the QB position and their defense is a laughingstock.
Mallett is a child who during "Hard Knocks" overslept and missed
practice while he was still competing for the starting job.
Him missing a plane just shows how much of a moron he is, only
a stupid team would pick him up

Another failed member of the Belichick tree. 

He was a Grade A douche way before that.

Oh yeah for sure but you would think after his incidents that he would actually be decently behaved for a month or two.  Someone needs to tell the idiot he's going to lose millions if he keeps this up.  Dallas wants to give him millions.

Oh yeah for sure but you would think after his incidents that he would actually be decently behaved for a month or two.  Someone needs to tell the idiot he's going to lose millions if he keeps this up.  Dallas wants to give him millions.

Yep.  Despite his sideline antics, Jerry Jones went on record that he wanted to give Hardy a long term deal the day after he missed practice.

Archived