Jets Cowboys Picks

UnitedWhofans

I know that this game wont be easy, but as I have been hinting at all week, I just think this is a bad matchup for Dallas based on what they want to do offensively and defensively. Offensively, they want to run the football, which will be tough for them against the #1 rushing defense in the NFL. That means Matt Cassel will have to throw the ball a lot, which could lead to turnovers.

Defensively, the Cowboys want to blitz and get after Fitzpatrick, Our run game and screen game should help to neutralize that

That being said, it will be difficult to score a ton against this Dallas defense. But I think it's going to be tougher for Dallas to score.

So, barring a complete Jets meltdown (turnovers, penalties etc.)....

Jets 21

Dallas 10

I've got a feeling this is going to be an ugly, who the **** is this team and where is the team we've seen the past few weeks type of game.  But the Cowboys suck something awful and I cant imagine Cassell getting off on this D with their run game getting shutdown by our DL and especially since we're fully healthy in the secondary.  The Cowboys keep it close but Fitz and Marshall connect on a 4th quarter drive to take the lead.

Jets - 17

Cowboys - 10

The fact that every jet fan thinks this will be an easy win when the vegas line is set at just 3 is very scary. This has trap game written all over it. We have the Pats coming up next and I could easily see us needing a last second FG to win. 

Remember it's on the road and that usually means a 3 point swing to the home team. So essentially Vegas has us a 6 point favorite.

The problem with the "trap game" principle is that last week was supposed to be the trap game. Can you have two trap games in a row?

The fact that every jet fan thinks this will be an easy win when the vegas line is set at just 3 is very scary. This has trap game written all over it. We have the Pats coming up next and I could easily see us needing a last second FG to win. 

I honestly dont care about the vegas line.  I've seen the Cowboys play and they are a hot steaming pile of sh*t.  If the Jets lose i dont want to see the word playoffs mentioned around here until next year!

Injury news: Cowboys will be without LB Rolando McClain and most likely CB Morris Claiborne. Also DE DeMarcus Lawrence, leading the Cowboys with 6 sacks on the year, is questionable with a chest injury

Jets look to be at full strength, minus Devin Smith

So you mean, the Jets are full strength?  :)

I've been asking this of myself and I ask this of you. Outside of the Jets turning the ball over a couple of times, how do the Cowboys win this game? I honestly want to know.

Who knows, I haven't picked the jets to win a game this year, and I'll be damned if I start now

The Jets know they need to win out to get into the playoffs. it's not a trap game. if they come out flat, it's not because they were looking past this week

Trap game?

A trap game is when a really good football team is heavily favored over a really bad football team.

The Jets/Cowboys does not even come close to being called a trap game.

Hell, the line is only 3 points.

Trap game?

A trap game is when a really good football team is heavily favored over a really bad football team.

The Jets/Cowboys does not even come close to being called a trap game.

Hell, the line is only 3 points.

Remember the home point margin. It's technically 6 points.

My question is if they lose this game, will SOJ come back? How can SOJ be shot down one week and come back the next week.

It could end up being like the Pats /Boys game. Pats were up only 13-3 at half and pulled away late. 

It's amazing though that this game is mostly inconsequential to the playoff standings. Now some people may say "If you can't beat the Cowboys....." but inconsistency is the name of the game in this year's NFL.  Just look at the Eagles

Archived