would've been off the charts if a couple of his catches weren't
wiped out by penalties

- Thompkins with a HUGE catch that set up the game winning FG

- Marshall & Decker which is an every game occurence

- Fitzpatrick with an incredibly tough performance.  His ability
to hang in the pocket was the only way we win the game.  Because
our OLine got abused

- Powell with another explosive game out of the backfield

- Big props to Henderson for stepping in for Harris and playing well.
The only problem was with him starting he couldn't replace Davis
in passing downs

- Big game for Harrison he was all over the place.  Without him
our run defense would've been worse than it was

- Great game by the entire secondary with 4 INT's (Revis, Gilchrist,
Pryor & Williams)

- Carpenter needs to be mentioned because he was the only one who
was able to handle Hardy 1 on 1

Bad

- OLine in both phases particularly bad were Brick, Winters & Giacomini.
And their bad play led to our awful short yardage execution

- Penalties in the first half wiped out so many key plays

- TE blocking was particularly lazy

- Ridley got too many touches and had no "swivel"

- DLine, run defense was bad and very little pressure on bad QB's

- Bullock got bailed out because he was bad.  First time I missed Folk

- Two AWFUL calls by the refs.  The first was the illegal shift that
cost us a FG and the other was the horse collar by Pace.  You wonder
what they're watching sometimes

- We didn't score enough points after generating 4 turnovers

Good comments. Brick was kicked around. No doubt. Did you mention Cumberland by name? Should have. He is the worst, laziest blocker I've ever seen. Just terrible. You give Dallas credit for their play in the trenches, as well you should. With Romo, Dallas would be a lot better team. McFadden was given way too much space to run. Jets containment was poor on the edges. Field position was all Dallas in the first half. Quigley's first punt was a killer. Another special teams gaff. We simply left too many points on the field. Seven total with the failed fourth down at the goal line which could have been an easy 3, the missed Bullock 45 yarder, and the extra point. We really gave Dallas too many chances to stay in the game.

Lot of great points...terrible job by our defense at setting the edge, I don't remember a game where we were gashed like that

Really needed to score more off the turnovers but you have to credit Dallas as they had a decent game plan and threw their best at us...but they are 4-10 for a reason

Just love the way Fitz continues to battle even after getting beat up most of the night

The sign of a very good team is winning these tough, grinding out type of games. The Jets have won two of these on the road recently. Todd Bowles Rookie coach of the year. 

Cumberland can't even take space up n the field. The Smith injury will provide him a few more downs each week as Enunwa will see more attempts. He should. Time to lock up Powell. He plays like a Jet. Chan Gailey continues to find the best ways to innovate with the talent the Jets have.

Fitz, delivered when he had to. Dallas made him win the game. He did.

Thanks KRL

I know I'm being nit picky, but why did Tompkins run out of bounds on his catch? Had he stayed in bounds, Cowboys would have burned their first downs before we setup to kick the FG.

I think special teams will get better next year once Macc has another crack at reshaping the bottom of the roster. Hopefully we can improve at punter because Quigley's weekly shank is driving me insane. 

I know I'm being nit picky, but why did Tompkins run out of bounds on his catch? Had he stayed in bounds, Cowboys would have burned their first downs before we setup to kick the FG.

I think special teams will get better next year once Macc has another crack at reshaping the bottom of the roster. Hopefully we can improve at punter because Quigley's weekly shank is driving me insane. 

your right , I mentioned it in the game thread , it's hard to kill the kid he made a great play ...but if he stays in bounds there we kick the field goal as time expires....but hey it worked out .

Cassel was terrible. So bad they actually put in a Qb who had never played a down in the NFL. So you'd think that would be to our advantage and an easy W. But it wasn't. Even though Kellen Moore wasn't very good. But these are the kinds of games a team has to win and we did. So we'll take it. I don't see us beating NEP with this kind of an effort. No way. But I could see us beating the Bills the following week. 

Maybe I was the only one bothered by this but Cromartie bailing out on a tackle to avoid contact cost us at least two or three times last night.  I know he is gone after this year but I wonder if there isn't anyone better on the bench for our last two games. Anyone at all.

I didn't mind it...in fact I was glad he did.  That is the exact type of play where he pushes for the extra two yards, stays in bounds and ends up fumbling.  

I take issue with the Play call on the fourth down near the goal line. Dallas D-line had showed dominance primary intention is to get penetration, to often I have seen that play stopped short. For me the right call would have been Fitz on a sneak again and put the onis on the officials to make a spot call.

Hard fought game.  That was a buckle your chin straps game and the Jets battled. 

Dallas has a nasty DL and were playing with energy last night.  I'm not going to kill our OL over it.  They had a bad game.  It happens.  They've been pretty outstanding this year otherwise.  

Fitzmagic was on full display.  He started off slow.  The pressure was getting to him but then all of a sudden he started manipulating the pocket like a magician. Some of his step up in the pocket almost runner type throws were on the money.  He only got sacked twice.  I thought it was  more.  Great job by him because they were in his face all night. And not only that, he has multiple release points with some side arm throws mixed in that help him find lanes in the face of pressure.  Great game.

He also hit more receivers than I can remember all season long.  It had to be the most. 8 different. 

I've been hard on Enunwa and he played great.  Clutch receptions.

I've always liked Powell but he is a new player.  He's the check down QB safety RB we've always wanted.  

Ridley needs to go or get off the field.  He's a waste of a down.  I dont get it.  On the year, 22 touches for 28 yards. Enough already.

Why take the ball out of Ivory's hands?  He's one run from breaking it and he gets going with more carries.  We dont lose when gets over 20.  Dont get why he only had 13 in a close game where that DL was getting some serious pressure and the offense was having a hard time scoring. 

We did get fortunate on the fumbles but Dallas had some ridiculous calls go there way that helped them get points, so, whatever.  Officiating sucks.

Snacks has been a monster for the past 5 weeks.  I've said it every week and last night was probably his best game. 

Leonard Williams had his best game too.    His motor was on full display.  Sack, multiple QB hurries, tackles and he hawked Whitehead down on that reverse 20 yards downfield. And he was doing it vs. Zack Martin for most of the game.  Impressive. 

Maybe I was the only one bothered by this but Cromartie bailing out on a tackle to avoid contact cost us at least two or three times last night.  I know he is gone after this year but I wonder if there isn't anyone better on the bench for our last two games. Anyone at all.

Marcus Williams is better in coverage but equally bad at tackling. Darrin Walls is on par in coverage with Cro but a much better tackler. Both were UDFA and Cro makes 8 million dollars a year. Williams got in on some dime packages, Walls only on specials. With the secondary healthy again, it's time for Cro to find some pine. He looks slow and disinterested. Even on kickoffs. He's done. 

Cassel was terrible. So bad they actually put in a Qb who had never played a down in the NFL. So you'd think that would be to our advantage and an easy W. But it wasn't. Even though Kellen Moore wasn't very good. But these are the kinds of games a team has to win and we did. So we'll take it. I don't see us beating NEP with this kind of an effort. No way. But I could see us beating the Bills the following week. 

you are a more effective qb than Cassel.  Can't believe that clown once upon a time got a $50 million contract

Why take the ball out of Ivory's hands?  He's one run from breaking it and he gets going with more carries.  We dont lose when gets over 20.  Dont get why he only had 13 in a close game where that DL was getting some serious pressure and the offense was having a hard time scoring.

Ivory was going nowhere on those runs. Better to take those two yard runs and risk of injury by our third string RB rather than the first.

I don't see us beating NEP with this kind of an effort. No way. But I could see us beating the Bills the following week. 

The Jets will be playing the Pats 2nd and 3rd stringers and without Brady and Gronk.

Jets will have a much better chance beating the Pats than the Bills in Buffalo.

Thoughts

- Credit to DAL in the trenches because they dominated us on both
sides of the ball.  First time all year we didn't have the
advantage

Good

-Bad

Thanks for your well examined post. This is another example of how the Jets D is very overrated going into the final games and maybe a playoff run. Where was the super rush defense?  I realize the Dallas O LINE is very good but the Dallas RB is way over the hill.

Thanks for your well examined post. This is another example of how the Jets D is very overrated going into the final games and maybe a playoff run. Where was the super rush defense?  I realize the Dallas O LINE is very good but the Dallas RB is way over the hill.

What? Their RB is 28. He's a handful of months older than Ivory. The Dallas roster is loaded with talent except at QB. They just lack the discipline or management from the coaching staff to make anything of it.

This was not our finest game on defense but you don't need to manipulate facts to aggrandize your argument.

The Jets will be playing the Pats 2nd and 3rd stringers and without Brady and Gronk.

Ummm the pats will have locked up nada by next week, pats are playing everyone and the kitchen sink

I think there were a couple of things at play last night. The scenario of Denver losing 3 or the Bengals losing 2 has a 1% chance of happening & that is the only scenario that made last nights game a must win. The upcoming games with the Pats & Bills are the must haves! I bet you if that was a playoff game last night Harris would have gutted it out but the truth is that game was really meaningless in the big picture. 

I think that's another reason they spelled Ivory with Ridley (complete waste of a roster space). We need 40 carries from Ivory vs Pats & Bills. Bowles was saving him. Decker finished because he wasn't really hurt, I think he got a scare but when they went in the lockeroom he probably realized after stretching it out he was fine & told Bowles there were really no issues, (otherwise Bowles knew he was too important for the next 2 & would have rested him). 

Someone mentioned Cumberland, another waste of a roster space. Cromartie, Ridley, Milliner, Kellen Davis, Pace, Walls, Quigley, for starters will all be gone next year. Just think about how much better special teams will be.

wait... maybe I missed something.  Have the Pats clinched a first-round bye yet?  If they win today, do they?  Because if they haven't and won't with a win today, then Belicheat will have them play full force.  Even if they do, I think he still goes for the Jets throat.

not sure what you mean here. The Jets had 4 picks last night. They were determined to stop the WR's and they did. It meant that they would give up a few more yards on the ground and not blitz as much. The D each week looks to be set for the opposition 

Thoughts

- Ugly win with a ton of things to clean up, but we continue our
playoff push and root for BAL, DEN & SF today

- This team is changing my mindset about them.  Because even
though it was ugly I was confident they were going to find a way
to win the game

- Decker should count his blessings because I thought he tore 
his ACL.  For him to only miss a couple of plays was amazing

- We got HUGE breaks on the Decker & Fitzpatrick "non fumbles"
because they could've EASILY gone the other way

- Credit to DAL in the trenches because they dominated us on both
sides of the ball.  First time all year we didn't have the
advantage

Good

- Enunwa had the best game of his career.  The 3rd down catch on
the TD drive saved us and allowed us to go up 16-13.  His numbers
would've been off the charts if a couple of his catches weren't
wiped out by penalties

- Thompkins with a HUGE catch that set up the game winning FG

- Marshall & Decker which is an every game occurence

- Fitzpatrick with an incredibly tough performance.  His ability
to hang in the pocket was the only way we win the game.  Because
our OLine got abused

- Powell with another explosive game out of the backfield

- Big props to Henderson for stepping in for Harris and playing well.
The only problem was with him starting he couldn't replace Davis
in passing downs

- Great game by the entire secondary with 4 INT's (Revis, Gilchrist,
Pryor & Williams)

- Carpenter needs to be mentioned because he was the only one who
was able to handle Hardy 1 on 1

Bad

- OLine in both phases particularly bad were Brick, Winters & Giacomini.
And their bad play led to our awful short yardage execution

- Penalties in the first half wiped out so many key plays

- TE blocking was particularly lazy

- Ridley got too many touches and had no "swivel"

- Bullock got bailed out because he was bad.  First time I missed Folk

- Two AWFUL calls by the refs.  The first was the illegal shift that
cost us a FG and the other was the horse collar by Pace.  You wonder
what they're watching sometimes

- We didn't score enough points after generating 4 turnovers

Spot on as always!! Thanks KRL!

McFadden is done

McFadden is still a rock solid outside runner, precisely the kind of running that the Jets struggle with.  Up the middle?  No problem, the Jets DL can defend.  Off tackle?  Huge probem for the Jets slooooooooooow LBs.

wait... maybe I missed something.  Have the Pats clinched a first-round bye yet?  If they win today, do they?  Because if they haven't and won't with a win today, then Belicheat will have them play full force.  Even if they do, I think he still goes for the Jets throat.

If the Pats win today and the Broncos lose, then the Pats clinch the #1 seed.

Hard fought game.  That was a buckle your chin straps game and the Jets battled. 

Dallas has a nasty DL and were playing with energy last night.  I'm not going to kill our OL over it.  They had a bad game.  It happens.  They've been pretty outstanding this year otherwise.  

Fitzmagic was on full display.  He started off slow.  The pressure was getting to him but then all of a sudden he started manipulating the pocket like a magician. Some of his step up in the pocket almost runner type throws were on the money.  He only got sacked twice.  I thought it was  more.  Great job by him because they were in his face all night. And not only that, he has multiple release points with some side arm throws mixed in that help him find lanes in the face of pressure.  Great game.

He also hit more receivers than I can remember all season long.  It had to be the most. 8 different. 

I've been hard on Enunwa and he played great.  Clutch receptions.

I've always liked Powell but he is a new player.  He's the check down QB safety RB we've always wanted.  

Ridley needs to go or get off the field.  He's a waste of a down.  I dont get it.  On the year, 22 touches for 28 yards. Enough already.

We did get fortunate on the fumbles but Dallas had some ridiculous calls go there way that helped them get points, so, whatever.  Officiating sucks.

Snacks has been a monster for the past 5 weeks.  I've said it every week and last night was probably his best game. 

Leonard Williams had his best game too.    His motor was on full display.  Sack, multiple QB hurries, tackles and he hawked Whitehead down on that reverse 20 yards downfield. And he was doing it vs. Zack Martin for most of the game.  Impressive. 

Yup. People have to realize Dallas OL and DL are pretty good. a Fitz was under a lot of duress.  bUt when are we going to lost that mind boggling 4th and less than one play call?  Handoff to Ivory from 8 yards deep?  My only gripe.

Yup. People have to realize Dallas OL and DL are pretty good. a Fitz was under a lot of duress.  bUt when are we going to lost that mind boggling 4th and less than one play call?  Handoff to Ivory from 8 yards deep?  My only gripe.

Then later, on 3rd and one they ran it again, and it got stuffed again. Bowles wants to be a power running team, to be able to force it in there, but we could not last night, at all.

It was like 3 or 4 times where we tried this and failed.  At some point, you need to learn you lesson and try something else.

Archived