Any chance we can get Rex back?

drdetroit

I disagree about the '10 roster. We had a stronger offensive line, runningbacks, receivers, cornerbacks, and linebackers. The only difference was QB and DL. 

While I think Bowles contributed to the loss yesterday, it wasn't all on him. Fitzpatrick, Revis and the slew of drops by the receiver core contributed too. 

that QB didn't melt in the biggest game in 2010.  also, don't forget Revis missed games in '10, Mangold, Holmes was suspended, Cotch missed games, we lost Jenkins early, we lost Leonhard late.  the talent was close.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree about the '10 roster. We had a stronger offensive line, runningbacks, receivers, cornerbacks, and linebackers. The only difference was QB and DL. 

While I think Bowles contributed to the loss yesterday, it wasn't all on him. Fitzpatrick, Revis and the slew of drops by the receiver core contributed too. 

Combined td's from backs LT/Greene in 2010 was 8 this year with Ivory and Powell was 11 tds.. The 2010 w/r's Braylon,Holmes Cotchery and Keller totaled 20 td's ..This year just Marshall and Deck not counting anyone else had 26 plus we had a RB and both W/R had over 1,000 yds in 2010 no w/r's or backs were over 1,000 yds

that QB didn't melt in the biggest game in 2010.  also, don't forget Revis missed games in '10, Mangold, Holmes was suspended, Cotch missed games, we lost Jenkins early, we lost Leonhard late.  the talent was close.

Revis and Mangold missed games this year too. Decker was injured and Richardson was suspended for the first four games of the season as well. we lost Pyror and Cro for a few games. Jenkins wasn't as big of a loss because we had Pouha at the time. He came on strong in 2009. Plus we had Keller who was a thousand times better than anyone we had at tight end this year

Revis, Cro, Pace, Harris, Mangold and D'Brick were all younger and in the primes of their career. That really benefited that 2010 team. 

Overall, '14 Fitz had a better season than Sanchez '10. Unless you disagree and then we could chalk up QB for an advantage for the '10 team as well. 

that is what we are doing now, this roster was more talented than '09/'10 and the AFC was tougher then too.  Rex is far from perfect but he was the best HC on the field yesterday by a wide margin and our HC cost us a playoff spot.

This roster would have never precipitated itself with Rex here.  I also doubt we win more games committing 12 penalties a game. 

Revis and Mangold missed games this year too. Decker was injured and Richardson was suspended for the first four games of the season as well. we lost Pyror and Cro for a few games. Jenkins wasn't as big of a loss because we had Pouha at the time. He came on strong in 2009. Plus we had Keller who was a thousand times better than anyone we had at tight end this year

Revis, Cro, Pace, Harris, Mangold and D'Brick were all younger and in the primes of their career. That really benefited that 2010 team. 

Overall, '14 Fitz had a better season than Sanchez '10. Unless you disagree and then we could chalk up QB for an advantage for the '10 team as well. 

'10 sanchez was better, he helped us win 11 games and helped us reach the title game.  I don't care about meaningless stats that didn't help us win.

the talent was similar and we made the title game in 2010 against a tougher AFC.

Combined td's from backs LT/Greene in 2010 was 8 this year with Ivory and Powell was 11 tds.. The 2010 w/r's Braylon,Holmes Cotchery and Keller totaled 20 td's ..This year just Marshall and Deck not counting anyone else had 26 plus we had a RB and both W/R had over 1,000 yds in 2010 no w/r's or backs were over 1,000 yds

We had better QB play and a better OC. Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Keller > Marshall and Decker.

If Ivory could stay healthy our runningbacks would be better but Greene and LT were solid rocks. Though LT was on his last legs, he was about the same level as Powell, maybe a little better.  

We had better QB play and a better OC. Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Keller > Marshall and Decker.

If Ivory could stay healthy our runningbacks would be better but Greene and LT were solid rocks. Though LT was on his last legs, he was about the same level as Powell, maybe a little better.  

did you really just say Schittenheimer was better than Gailey?

'10 sanchez was better, he helped us win 11 games and helped us reach the title game.  I don't care about meaningless stats that didn't help us win.

the talent was similar and we made the title game in 2010 against a tougher AFC.

Alright so every position outside of DL was better. That should equal at least one more win, even in a slightly more difficult conference. 

do you really believe it was the coaching?  I'd say a shanked punt from our end zone and a missed FG had something to do with the loss, and likely have nothing to do with coaching…   Hard for me to pin the win on buff's coaching and the loss on our own.

so who was the winning coach yesterday?

Alright so every position outside of DL was better. That should equal at least one more win, even in a slightly more difficult conference. 

QB- edge 2015(is what most would say but I give edge to 2010)

RBs- edge 2015

WRs- edge 2015

TE- edge 2010

OL- even

DL- edge 2015

LBs-edge 2010

DBs- edge 2010

K- edge 2015

P- even

coverage- edge 2010

pretty close

the dolphins also beat the pats.  ryan tannehill >> tom brady

more importantly, clearly interim HC >> Bellicheck;

Guess Miami messed up in firing their GM too... 

Steelers lost to their very weak division rival last week (which gave us hope) for the second time this year; Jets and Pats lost within their division yesterday too; it sucks - we have to do better against Rex, but in the NFL division games are always harder - especially on the road with field condition issues.

Not making an excuse for Bowels or the Jets, but this Rex talk is silly.  Good, bad, joke - it was time to move on and the circus has left town.  Let's give Bowels at least 1/3 the time as a HC as Rex has had and see where the teams are this time next year.

Rex beat the Jets twice. He is a fantastic coach. Much of JN is just blind to this fact.

Define fantastic... His only offer to coach was from the Bills, and they have a worse record this year than last year. Yes, the Bills beat us twice. Bowles made mistakes and you would hope a veteran coach looks better against a rookie coach. We'll see how the bones roll next year. I have a feeling we make the playoffs and the Bills finish under .500 as a coach's job extends beyond the playing field. Rex probably sold a family member's soul to sweep the Jets this year.

This year was mainly due to a better QB, OC and cupcake schedule.

I guess runningback and receiver are a matter of opinion. While we had two studs at receiver this year, 2010 had more depth at receiver. Cotchery, Edwards and Holmes were all solid options.. I guess you could consider runningback a wash. Ivory and Powell were hurt too much to be relied upon. Greene or LT weren't explosive, but they were consistent and LT had solid hands. 

The OL was much better in '10.

D'Brick and Mangold were in the prime of their careers. Moore was much better than Winters/Colon and Woody/Hunter was better than Breno. The only upgrade was Carpenter over Slauson. 

Quigley was god awful this year. Weatherford had a solid year for us in 2010. 

Archived