Hoyer Is Now A Free Agent

KRL

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The only fact is we are the only team that made Fitz an offer.  Denver didnt offer Fitz anything.

They didn't have to! What they want to pay Fitz is below the Jets offer. They know Fitz is not leaving NY for less money.. So they are standing pat.. Should the Jets move on from Fitz, Denver will jump on him and Fitz will have no choice but to accept or retire.. Fitz isn't budging because worst case he can accept what Denver would give him.. Which isn't too far away from Ny..

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

They didn't have to! What they want to pay Fitz is below the Jets offer. They know Fitz is not leaving NY for less money.. So they are standing pat.. Should the Jets move on from Fitz, Denver will jump on him and Fitz will have no choice but to accept or retire.. Fitz isn't budging because worst case he can accept what Denver would give him.. Which isn't too far away from Ny..

Out of respect for Fitz giving us an entertaining season, we should all chip in and pay his airfare to Denver.

12 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Houston fans HATE Hoyer!!!

Take a look...

http://www.battleredblog.com/2016/4/17/11235812/brian-hoyer-released-by-texans

So resigning Fitz isn't the same thing as putting Hoyer in the lineup then.....

Some of those posters cracked me up on that thread.  Still chuckling.   A lot of Mo love there too.  Putting him and Watt together would be pretty sick..  And if Clowney ever figures it out...

9 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

A lot of assumptions off a post that talks about facts though

It obviously wouldn't be anything to be particularly happy about it, but I would have no major problem with it either.  Clearly the Jets interest in FA QBs is someone with experience, so they're not forced to be starting Petty or a rookie this season.  They might as well pick up a guy like Hoyer, let him and Geno battle it out for one roster spot, with that so-called "winner" likely getting the right to suck for a while until the Jets feel comfortable with Petty or whoever they draft being ready to step out on the field.  That's far from the best situation, but it's basically the one the Jets are in right now, because there aren't any particularly great options available right now at their top position of need.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Just shocking to me that everybody doesn;t see this.  For some reason it seem a QB is rated like 30% better than he is just because he is NOT on the Jets yet. 

So well put. We need to have everyone elses garbage when their garbage isn't even as good as our garbage. 

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

It obviously wouldn't be anything to be particularly happy about it, but I would have no major problem with it either.  Clearly the Jets interest in FA QBs is someone with experience, so they're not forced to be starting Petty or a rookie this season.  They might as well pick up a guy like Hoyer, let him and Geno battle it out for one roster spot, with that so-called "winner" likely getting the right to suck for a while until the Jets feel comfortable with Petty or whoever they draft being ready to step out on the field.  That's far from the best situation, but it's basically the one the Jets are in right now, because there aren't any particularly great options available right now at their top position of need.

I like what you say here.  

I have been pushing for the Jets to acquire Mike Glennon but they may feel since he is inexperienced  in this system he might not be that much better than am inexperienced QB like Petty....

We don't know we are all obviously just speculating out here and having some fun.

But I like the fact that the Jets are looking hard at getting the best experienced QB they can and not just settling for the same inferior QB play that we have generally seen out there and that in and of itself is a good thing    

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So the fact is?  You might want to look up what facts and what assumptions are.  Youre assuming what Denver will do, not one fact attached

I know what the meanings are!! I don't have to let you know how I get my facts but they are facts and that's the last I'm saying about this..

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

So well put. We need to have everyone elses garbage when their garbage isn't even as good as our garbage. 

Well a pile of garbage for 4mil is better than a pile of garbage for 9mil+.

The best option would be to not spend on garbage, but I've accepted that many fans (and potentially some in the FO) need to have expensive garbage to feel secure.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Grow up

You're such a tool!!! I state some things that I know are facts and you just cant handle it.. You're the one who needs to get a grip!! I have my sources and have called things months in advance on this site before.. Those who know me can vouch!

3 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

You're such a tool!!! I state some things that I know are facts and you just cant handle it.. You're the one who needs to get a grip!! I have my sources and have called things months in advance on this site before.. Those who know me can vouch!

Tool?  Its not a fact that if the Jets dont sign Fitz Denver might come calling.  You have no clue what youre talking about.  And have the nerve to get pissed because you dont know the difference between a fact and a opinion.  

Sources?  LOL OK.  Since it hasnt happened your source is full of shlt too

7 hours ago, LockeJET said:

One thing I know for a fact is this.. We offered more then Denver.. Denver doesn't want to pay Fitz whatever the Jets offer is...But if the Jets move on from Fitz and sign Hoyer, Fitz will be in Denver for around 7-8 mil per on a 3 year deal.

This is what I was thinking. Then, of course, it will be painted as SOJ that we didn't sign him to that contract, when the reality is that such an opportunity only appears after the Jets turn him down.

26 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Well a pile of garbage for 4mil is better than a pile of garbage for 9mil+.

The best option would be to not spend on garbage, but I've accepted that many fans (and potentially some in the FO) need to have expensive garbage to feel secure.

RIGHT? Especially when you have garbage locked in for less than 2 million already? And another 4th round garbage arm to throw in there when the old garbage garbages it up like garbage will do!

(Just wanted to show you how silly your verbiage is. Good day.)

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

RIGHT? Especially when you have garbage locked in for less than 2 million already? And another 4th round garbage arm to throw in there when the old garbage garbages it up like garbage will do!

(Just wanted to show you how silly your verbiage is. Good day.)

Do you drive a Jaguar?  (Aka expensive garbage.)

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

I know Fitz had a bad game against Buffalo, but he always does against Rex Ryan coached teams. I guess I would take Hoyer if Fitzy continues to think he is worth more than the Jets are offering him already. Gotta have someone under center and I can't even contemplate that guy being Geno Smith.

If he "always" does badly against the guy who everyone is happy to be rid of, then why do we want him back? And BTW he had a bad game against more than just Buffalo.

But I suppose there are still folks - not saying you - who think all our opponents will be like playing the 2015 Browns/Dolphins/Jaguars/etc and that will lead to better things.

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

as a starter:

Hoyer 15-11, 58%

Fitz 43-61-1, 41%

Wow.  Comparing 26 games to 100 games.  I have watched them both.  Every time I see Hoyer he is getting his head screwed into the ground.  I think Fitz is better.

12 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Wow.  Comparing 26 games to 100 games.  I have watched them both.  Every time I see Hoyer he is getting his head screwed into the ground.  I think Fitz is better.

I like Fitz better too and I prefer Fitz back, is the difference that great for the difference in salary?  we missed the playoffs w/ Fitz when everything broke perfectly and we had a creampuff sched, we can miss the playoffs next year w/ Fitz or Hoyer.  I'd rather do it w/ the cheaper QB and get better around the QB.

By the way, I didn't compare them based on that.  I responded to a post about their win% and no matter what way you slice it the man has a winning record in Cleveland in 16 games.  That's miraculous.

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Me too. You're going nowhere with Hoyer. Let Petty take his lumps, or give Geno one last chance.

Hoyer is a waste of time. 

The same can be said of Fitz, we know we aren't going anywhere w/ him so why not let Geno or Petty play?

The Jets are doing a great job w/ their QB situation not overpaying for Fitz and not rushing Petty.

OK, if Hoyer played 100 games he would have 58 wins compared to Fitz's 41 wins in the same number of games.

Better?

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I like Fitz better too and I prefer Fitz back, is the difference that great for the difference in salary?  we missed the playoffs w/ Fitz when everything broke perfectly and we had a creampuff sched, we can miss the playoffs next year w/ Fitz or Hoyer.  I'd rather do it w/ the cheaper QB and get better around the QB.

By the way, I didn't compare them based on that.  I responded to a post about their win% and no matter what way you slice it the man has a winning record in Cleveland in 16 games.  That's miraculous.

I don't think we are going anywhere with Fitz this year either.  He overachieved last year for 15 games.  I have just never actually seen Hoyer perform well.  Granted, I have not seen a lot of him.  And yes to not overpaying for these kind of QBs

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

OK, if Hoyer played 100 games he would have 58 wins compared to Fitz's 41 wins in the same number of games.

Better?

And you project that based on what?  Arithmetic?  Come on.  I have seen them both. Fitz is better.

Just heard Kirwin and Miller on Siruis XM saying a few things about Hoyer possibly going to the Jets....a few notes.

- Said Jets should be his number one choice because they both agreed he could beat out Geno Smith and win the starting job...won't have that opportunity anywhere else.

- Agreed that Chase Daniel deal skewed market and Hoyer will want whatever deal it was that Jets offered to Fitz.

- Said he should wait until after draft to actually sign just to see what Jets do at QB.

19 hours ago, j4jets said:

I thought I made it very clear his last season was a below average season by a QB. If not, here it is again. His (Beard) last season was a below average season by a QB. 

There is as much rationality here as there is to saying Fitz had a great season and should go to the Probowl

11 hours ago, jamesr said:

What does Fitz's record from 11 years ago have to do with his current capabilities? Might as well bring in his high school and college records while you're at it.

I guess by the same logic that stats don't lie, we should sign Joe Montana the Greatest Player of All Time, after all his career winning record is 71%.

Fixed

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

If we are drafting a QB high Im absolutely fine with Hoyer/Mcnown on a very cheap deal. Especially since Hoyer may come 10m less per year then Fitz. 

+1

Put that $10M savings in a rainy day fund to upgrade an OL position next year. Way more use towards getting us to a SB than signing Ryan Fitzpatrick to unwillingly play the mentor role.

Or if you want an expensive mentor, then find a smart, out of work ex-QB to stick with the rookie like glue and be his personal 1-on-1 extra QBC year round for $1M. Compared to what teams pay for scrubs & busts, and as a percentage of all the $ a team like the Jets pays for all the QBs it goes through, I can't believe this isn't done more (if it's done at all). If it pans out, that $ is a bargain.

Archived