blair thomas kyle brady and our new qb

kmnj

9 minutes ago, kmnj said:

those that dont learn from history are destined to repeat it

Kareem McKenzie we drafted from Penn State. Pretty solid tackle

Richie Anderson was a Pro Bowl fullback from Penn State that we drafted.

Lance Mehl was a very good player ravaged by injuries. Also from penn State

So was Greg Buttle. And Ralph Baker

5-3.

I win, you lose

Look I didn't want us to draft Hack. I was almost praying we wouldn't select him. But it's over and done and I could be totally wrong. I accept him as our 2nd round pick and hope he does well.  Welcome to the team and go Nittany Lions!

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

It's hard to come up with a dumber theory than this. 

A top five pick, a first round pick and a mid 2nd who has shown talent before drafted with little risk and some just can't seem to stop whining that we're trying to fill a need with the draft.  Shlt these threads are bad

54 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

if you think Blair and Brady are similar to taking hackenberg I don't know what to tell you.  

I know when we took Brady to play QB I didn't like his arm, which is why we had to make him into a blocking tight end.

9 minutes ago, David Harris said:

WE ARE!!!!!!!

...........PENN STATE!!!!!!

fan chant is pretty cool there- half the crowd says the first part, second half finished. It's actually neat when you're there.

Here the fan chant should be changed to:

"WE WET..."

"OUR PANTS!!!"

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A top five pick, a first round pick and a mid 2nd who has shown talent before drafted with little risk and some just can't seem to stop whining that we're trying to fill a need with the draft.  Shlt these threads are bad

A pick from the early 90's really doesn't have much to do with today either.

That's like saying, "We did well with a QB from Alabama before, let's just draft those"

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

This is a dumb observation.  Both of those guys were taken in the 1st round and Blair Thomas was taken third overall (if I remember correctly).  Very different from taking a risk in the second half of the second. Unless you are a crappy team picking at the top of the first round you have to take some chances on QB picks or you will never get one.

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well we could have gotten someone like Vlad Ducasse the impaler instead...damn you Macc.

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Well we could have gotten someone like Vlad Ducasse the impaler instead...damn you Macc.

Well because of Vlad and which every other 2nd round miss we drum up I think we're also not allowed to use our 2nd on a player.  Guess we need to pass on every round since we more than likely have had bust in each round before.  Of course every single NFL has done the same so every team should also pass.  

Would make for an interesting draft.

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well because of Vlad and which every other 2nd round miss we drum up I think we're also not allowed to use our 2nd on a player.  Guess we need to pass on every round since we more than likely have had bust in each round before.  Of course every single NFL has done the same so every team should also pass.  

Which makes this 2nd round pick all the more interesting. When we took Vlad I was like "what", Umass? You gotta be kidding me!

When we took Hankenberg, I was like "What?" That's f*cking awesome! The dude that had the fantastic year under a REAL NFL coach when he was 18. The 21 year old 6'-4" 230lber with the big arm? Cool.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

just the ones we draft suck

There were two other RBs drafted in the top 5. And Courtney Brown. And I don't know what the expiration date is on Blackledge's bustitude, but it makes the Ken O'Brien pick look brilliant in comparison. And Aaron Maybin. So it's not just us.

Besides, every school has busts if they're pumping out draft-worthy talent with regularity.

Interesting article from a week ago tracking 1st round picks by school, since 1990: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/4/27/11517760/nfl-draft-worst-ncaa-football-teams. PSU wasn't one of the best for 1st rounders going to pro bowls, as a percentage of players taken, but there were certainly worse. Plus Hackenberg wasn't a 1st round pick so we have nothing to worry about :).

41 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Which makes this 2nd round pick all the more interesting. When we took Vlad I was like "what", Umass? You gotta be kidding me!

When we took Hankenberg, I was like "What?" That's f*cking awesome! The dude that had the fantastic year under a REAL NFL coach when he was 18. The 21 year old 6'-4" 230lber with the big arm? Cool.

I agree with both.  But still point is we don't kill a pick because of other players from that school didn't work out.  Picked by other people.  That's plain stupid. 

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Remember when we used to do really well in the 4th every year?

Maybe start trading out 2nds for like, 4 fourth rounders.

Roberton, Milner, Blair Thomas, Anthony Davis, we have a bleak history when we are in the top 10 a lot of busts, including Sanchez at 6.  I think Blair Thomas at 3 was the only real bust from Penn State,

Kyle Brady wasn't that bad, for some reason people bust on him and Becht, who was a good player.

2 minutes ago, 77DRAFT said:

Roberton, Milner, Blair Thomas, Anthony Davis, we have a bleak history when we are in the top 10 a lot of busts, including Sanchez at 6.  I think Blair Thomas at 3 was the only real bust from Penn State,

Kyle Brady wasn't that bad, for some reason people bust on him and Becht, who was a good player.

He's whining about players we've picked from Penn State. 

Wants us to never pick a player from Penn State again. 

We can't evaluate players out of Penn State.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He's whining about players we've picked from Penn State. 

Wants us to never pick a player from Penn State again. 

We can't evaluate players out of Penn State.

Maybe he remembers how bad Blair Thomas was, not how good Richie Anderson was, Mehl was a great,

not good  MLB. Considered the best in the league, all pro.  Hackenburg will suck according to many until he proves otherwise.

4 minutes ago, 77DRAFT said:

Maybe he remembers how bad Blair Thomas was, not how good Richie Anderson was, Mehl was a great,

not good  MLB. Considered the best in the league, all pro.  Hackenburg will suck according to many until he proves otherwise.

And of course Greg Buttle.  

Along with all those who made the school become known as Linebacker U

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

just the ones we draft suck

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Every player we drafted from PSU sucked?  

You might want to just admit you have no idea.

OP is an idiot.

Looking through the entire Jets draft history, there were as many good picks from PSU as bad ones.  Here are the good ones:

Ralph Baker, LB: played with the Jets for 12+ years and a starter in SB3

Greg Buttle, LB: A solid starter for many years.  If only we could shut him up on the radio now.

Mickey Shuler, TE: only the best Jets TE ever.  (This is the one that should really embarrass the OP)

Richie Anderson, RB: Probably scored more TDs than most Jet RBs and was a staple in our offense for many years.  A steal in the 6th round.

Kareem McKenzie, OT: A very good player for 4 years until we lost him to free agency (NY Giants) because we couldn't afford him due to mismanaged salary cap

Those 5 were solid.  Sure there were Blair Thomas, Lou Benfatti, and Kyle Brady, each of whom sucked.  But I have no idea why the OP thinks that PSU is some kind of curse.  I'll bet the success/fail ratio from PSU is better than most Division 1 teams.  This whole thread is stupid. You will find successes and busts from all schools.

Archived