NE doesn't need Brady to play all 16

AzogtheDefiler

3 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Nah. Eating an unadulterated piece of rare steak is the way to go! Give me a filet over a burger any day.

Charred flavor is all you need. Flame has got to be hot enough to char it without overcooking the inside. 

The better the cut the less you need to cook it. If I can bite through it it's done. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Charred flavor is all you need. Flame has got to be hot enough to char it without overcooking the inside. 

The better the cut the less you need to cook it. If I can bite through it it's done. 

Ask your server to prepare your filet "Pittsburgh." If the server and the chef know what that means, you'll get rare meat and charring. Magnificent! 

the best steaks are cooked in an oven, not over a flame. when I visit my friend out in Milwaukee, we usually go to this place called 5 oclocks. reminds me of a gangster hangout. they throw the steak in a 4500 degree oven(I think or 2500 cant remember). sears the outside almost instantly. comes out black. I thought I knew what a good steak was till I ate there

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

That is great. But his legacy needs him to play all 16 to remain intact.

Well said. It's not about winning or losing games. It's his legacy on the line. 

15 hours ago, devland said:

All burgers generally suck.  It is a bad steak that has been pre-chewed  by a machine and placed in a bun and covered with condiments.  If I want beef I get a good steak lightly seasoned with spices and cooked rare.  No need for any condiments.  Condiments are for hiding the flavor of good meat.  If you need condiments you mostly have a bad piece of meat.

or.....maybe you just like the taste of steak sauce. everyone is different....opinions are not facts. and to me rare steak tastes like sh*t

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because odds reflect betting activity.  They make odds to cover their bets, they could care less whos in or not. Its so they dont lose their shirts

Argumentative?  How is bringing up the NFLN view argumentative?  Because I dont worship the Pats or their fans who come here to put up Vegas odds as if they somehow mean something other than Pats fans got their bets in early?

Ad Hominem

17 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If Brady misses the first 4 games, the Pats aren't making the playoffs. The AFC east isn't a joke anymore. One of the other 3 teams will start out 3-1 and the pats will be 1-3 and they won't be able to recover. 

After Brady gets back they have 1 easy game, the Browns, then Bengals/Steelers/Bills/Seahawks. They'll go 2-2 and already have 5 losses by week 9. They'll still have 2 games against the Jets, a game against Broncos, one against the Ravens and finish at Miami. 

At some point they will go from angry to feeling bad for themselves and their season will implode. 

3 of the 4 games are at Foxboro. 

If Brady misses the first 4 games, the Pats aren't making the playoffs. The AFC east isn't a joke anymore. One of the other 3 teams will start out 3-1 and the pats will be 1-3 and they won't be able to recover. 

After Brady gets back they have 1 easy game, the Browns, then Bengals/Steelers/Bills/Seahawks. They'll go 2-2 and already have 5 losses by week 9. They'll still have 2 games against the Jets, a game against Broncos, one against the Ravens and finish at Miami. 

At some point they will go from angry to feeling bad for themselves and their season will implode. 

Good luck with that pipe dream.

Pats will have the AFCE wrapped up by Thanksgiving and win 12-14 games like they do every year.

14 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Good luck with that pipe dream.

Pats will have the AFCE wrapped up by Thanksgiving and win 12-14 games like they do every year.

That's exactly the kind of optimism I expected and hoped for from a Pats fan. Makes the fall even that much more enjoyable. 

That's exactly the kind of optimism I expected and hoped for from a Pats fan. Makes the fall even that much more enjoyable. 

And Jets fans have been predicting the fall of the Pats for the last straight 15 years.

How has that worked out?

Hey, they are the Patriots. Until you can't be the champs until you beat the champs. The Pats will find a way to go 2-2 without Tom Terrific and then he will come back and decimate everyone in his path. I think his so-called "anger" at the NFL is manufactured from within, because he really brought this whole pile of crap on himself. Give the commish your cell phone if you are truly innocent and the whole thing goes away with a fine. Defy the commish and you EARN a four game suspension.

13 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Carl's Junior in Paterson is the best...Not really. 

No it can't be a chain it has to be some little hole in the wall place.  In college there was a tiny kiosk in a mall nearby that was called Burger way.  Just outstanding burgers.

18 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

At this point, I don't think anybody cares if Pats are the favorites or not. The history books will write the spy gate, deflategate and say Brady was punished 4 games for cheating. What a legacy. Years will pass, decades will pass but the asterisks will remain

Pats are cheaters and Brady is a loser who needs cameras and deflated balls to win. Rest is history.  

Really?

The only place $hit like this lives is on talk shows and message boards.

No one cares because in the next decade Brady and Belichick will be gone, the Patriots will be an average team and a new team will step to the front to be hated on. 

Circle of life. 

18 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Ok Dr. Phil.

So the $hit storm that they dealt with last year, rash of injuries and defending their title did not cause them to crumble as they were a mere missed XP or 2PT conversion from a second straight Superbowl. 

However, whatever comes of it, Deflategate will be behind them and they are going to crumble.  MMMoookkkaaayyy!!!!  The hard part is behind them.

By the way go look at the opening schedule for the East.  Miami's game against Cleveland is the only relatively easy game.  All those hard games you gave the Patriots, the Bills, Jets and Phins play early.

5 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Ok Dr. Phil.

So the $hit storm that they dealt with last year, rash of injuries and defending their title did not cause them to crumble as they were a mere missed XP or 2PT conversion from a second straight Superbowl. 

However, whatever comes of it, Deflategate will be behind them and they are going to crumble.  MMMoookkkaaayyy!!!!  The hard part is behind them.

By the way go look at the opening schedule for the East.  Miami's game against Cleveland is the only relatively easy game.  All those hard games you gave the Patriots, the Bills, Jets and Phins play early.

Yeah, I am going to listen to one of the millions of Pats fans that insisted Brady would never get suspended for this or that he would win at every stage of the appeal.  

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, I am going to listen to one of the millions of Pats fans that insisted Brady would never get suspended for this or that he would win at every stage of the appeal.  

Compared to all the  members of JN who are certified therapist, counselors and lawyers.

18 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I'm a lawyer

Are your hands big, strong, and masculine? If so, can you lay them over my hands so that I can see what it's like? Can we then take a picture where I present to the world my new and improved hands?

Pats win about 12 of 16 with Brady, or 75%.

With him in there for 12 games, they should win about 9 of them.

So if they win half of their non-Brady games, they'll have 11 wins.  If they win none of them, 9 wins.  1....10 wins.  And so forth.

1 hour ago, Cornfed said:

Pats win about 12 of 16 with Brady, or 75%.

With him in there for 12 games, they should win about 9 of them.

So if they win half of their non-Brady games, they'll have 11 wins.  If they win none of them, 9 wins.  1....10 wins.  And so forth.

Whatever. Suspend the SOB and let's see what happens.

On 5/6/2016 at 9:38 AM, PatsFanTX said:

And Jets fans have been predicting the fall of the Pats for the last straight 15 years.

How has that worked out?

Not very well for the Pats, who in those 15 years are now viewed as the most shameful team in the history of the NFL by every fan outside of the one base with their heads up their asses.

On 5/6/2016 at 10:22 AM, PFSIKH said:

Really?

The only place $hit like this lives is on talk shows and message boards.

No one cares because in the next decade Brady and Belichick will be gone, the Patriots will be an average team and a new team will step to the front to be hated on. 

Circle of life. 

Ok Dr. Phil.

Last year was the beginning of the end MMokay. 

1-3 to start the season. Garoppolo is going to be a failure, and it's a glimpse into your future.

Brady sits on the couch 1/4 of his last good year, and in the tub another 1/4. 

One more year of subpar play after that and he'll hang them up. This suspension ruins this year, and ruins the end of Brady's career, and his legacy.

Couldn't happen to a better guy, and he brought it upon himself. 

20 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Salt is a seasoning, and by far the most important one. 

You won't find a single elite steak house that doesn't generously season its meat.

Salt brings out the flavor of the meat which is naturally occurring in it. It gets cooked out so you want to add it back. Anything else covers up the flavor. 

The better the meat the less you need to cook it, or add flavor. 

I used to have friends that marinated a delicious london broil...Then I went for filet mignon which they marinated also...Used to have friends. 

Salt brings out the flavor of the meat which is naturally occurring in it. It gets cooked out so you want to add it back. Anything else covers up the flavor. 

The better the meat the less you need to cook it, or add flavor. 

I used to have friends that marinated a delicious london broil...Then I went for filet mignon which they marinated also...Used to have friends. 

London broil and filet mignon should be marinated. One would be too tough otherwise and filet is utterly devoid of flavor.

A rib-eye, however stands on its own.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

London broil and filet mignon should be marinated. One would be too tough otherwise and filet is utterly devoid of flavor.

A rib-eye, however stands on its own.

You are correct sir!

Rib eye or Porterhouse with tail on.

#1 & #2 favs.

Whichever one is in front of me is #1.

Archived