Amaro

k-met57

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got home too late to re-watch the game so curious about everyone's thoughts on the deep ball overthrow. 

The play was going away from me so I couldn't tell, but Conner Hughes tweeted that it was a catchable ball that Amaro alligator-armed.

thoughts?

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Got home too late to re-watch the game so curious about everyone's thoughts on the deep ball overthrow. 

The play was going away from me so I couldn't tell, but Conner Hughes tweeted that it was a catchable ball that Amaro alligator-armed.

thoughts?

A top WR may have been able to dive for the catch, but a TE?..  nope.  It was overthrown by a couple feet.

27 minutes ago, AFJF said:

thoughts?

I said the same thing in game thread, big also that it was overthrown. Maybe he could laid out for it, but hard to say.

He did beat his man, and Perty recognized it. So those are the positives.

The long ball was not catchable. The thing that stood out to me was that out he ran on 3rd and like 4. The throw went over his head and then the announcers said it was meant for the receiver above him. He would have had a first clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

The long ball was not catchable. The thing that stood out to me was that out he ran on 3rd and like 4. The throw went over his head and then the announcers said it was meant for the receiver above him. He would have had a first clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The QBs seemed to be trying to make bigger plays but it would have served them well to hit him underneath a few times. He is really selling his routes better than his rookie year, then shielding the defenders with his body. He's going to be a great checkdown option. Teams will need to put a LB on him then they have to connect on those deep passes. 

It looks to me that Gailey is going with Q in a hybrid role over Amaro who played with the backups. I'm hoping that Amaro finds a place on the team because he can be a good receiving TE in my opinion. He is due 1.17 mil this season but is still getting guaranteed money so not smart to cut him. http://overthecap.com/player/jace-amaro/2988/ He could be a valuable role player if not a starter.

42 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It looks to me that Gailey is going with Q in a hybrid role over Amaro who played with the backups. I'm hoping that Amaro finds a place on the team because he can be a good receiving TE in my opinion. He is due 1.17 mil this season but is still getting guaranteed money so not smart to cut him. http://overthecap.com/player/jace-amaro/2988/ He could be a valuable role player if not a starter.

He needs to take Davis' spot. I'd rather have Amaro inline than Davis for regular running plays, and I'd rather have him spread, shifting, or in motion most of the time. We can use Amaro, and Enunwa together and cause serious matchup problems. 

On short yardage I'd rather an extra Olineman. Hopefully Amaro makes enough progress to allow Davis to sit down. 

I think Amaro can be a very nice weapon for this team if used properly. He seems to be in better shape and quicker and was open a few times last night. Add him to Marshall, Decker, Enunwa and Forte and Fitz does have a lot of options in the passing game. I'm excited about this offense. They are going to pose a lot of problems for the defenses.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

thoughts?

IDK - do you want a TE that missed all last season laying out to catch a meaningless ball in a meaningless game?  He didnt alligator arm it, it was a few hairs overthrown. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

IDK - do you want a TE that missed all last season laying out to catch a meaningless ball in a meaningless game?  He didnt alligator arm it, it was a few hairs overthrown. 

The rep on Amaro from his rookie season is he lacks passion and intensity.  Totally agree that you don't want to see a guy take unnecessary chances in a meaningless preseason game but that sideline play last night did nothing to help change his image...

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

The rep on Amaro from his rookie season is he lacks passion and intensity.  Totally agree that you don't want to see a guy take unnecessary chances in a meaningless preseason game but that sideline play last night did nothing to help change his image...

FWIW - the image in my head from last night is a guy who was open a lot with room to go and nobody could get him the damn ball! 

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

That ball was overthrown. He's coming back from surgery for a torn labrum. There is no need to dive for that ball. None.

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

That ball was overthrown. He's coming back from surgery for a torn labrum. There is no need to dive for that ball. None.

This article outlines his rep as a rookie and last year he was in Bowles doghouse before being injured and missing the season.  I'm not looking for trouble and want him to make plays for us.  I'm just saying that once you get a reputation as being "soft" in the NFL, I think it undermines how you are perceived by both your opponents and your teammates. Gronkowski doesn't need to dive for balls in preseason.  Amaro, I'm not as convinced...

http://nypost.com/2014/08/12/jets-should-give-rookie-jace-amaro-a-serving-of-tough-love/

I do know about the reputation and some was deserved but IMO on that particular play there is no need to lay out for that ball when he is coming off of shoulder surgery that caused him to miss most of last year. He has a lot to work to do, especially on his blocking, but I could see him helping passing game as another viable option for Fitz. We will see.

1 hour ago, raffyD said:

Amaro alligator armed it for sure, but I don't blame him as it would have been a really tough catch and high risk of injury/low risk of catching so he did the right thing.  He doesn't look like much to me right now. 

He did not "alligator arm" it - it was 3 feet passed him...even the Jags announcer said it should have been a better throw.

38 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Where did you get that rep from?  Never got that. 

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

thoughts?

It looked like he had trouble locating the ball and slowed down a bit. If he had kept running full speed, that's probably a completion

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where did you get that rep from?  Never got that. 

http://nypost.com/2014/08/12/jets-should-give-rookie-jace-amaro-a-serving-of-tough-love/

To be fair his problems with Rex are well known but I think this article was pretty spot on with how he was portrayed as a rookie and based on how Bowles was handling him at the start of camp last year it seems like it may be an issue...

For some reason many Jet fans seem to have it out for Amaro.  He had a very solid rookie season on a terrible team.  And got hurt in year two (injuries happen)

His rookie year numbers were better in almost every category than Enunwa's last year (on a much better team) yet everyone hasn't stopped singing his praises. 

Amaro is going to be very good...He's working very hard and, by most accounts, is having a great camp.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

thoughts?

Im recording the game now so I can do a GIF breakdown and I looked at that play a couple times. It was a great play design and great sell by Amaro on his route, the ball was slightly overthrown. 

Though the ball was overthrown (slightly) I came away impressed by Bryce as a whole and Amaro on that particular play. Conner is exaggerating. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

So you're essentially calling Amaro a bust?

Not at all, I think he's at the very least a jag and upgrades our TE corps.  You asked why fans seem to have it out for him and I opined that is was simply the 2nd round curse. 

Archived