Amaro

k-met57

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Amaro had terrible hands and proved to be completely soft as a blocker and with the ball in his hands. How many tight ends do you see get tackled by cornerbacks on first contact EVERY TIME?

We're better off without him.

Honestly, I haven't seen a Jet TE who can bowl over a DB sincer Shuler/ Mitchell/ (even) Fred Baxter. Brady, Becht, Keller, and everyone in between it seems gets tackled even by corners with minimal effort :angry: :blink:

36 minutes ago, Larz said:

whats so bad about a TE that can't block or catch ?

How about this guy??

Former Packers tight end Colt Lyerla arrested for heroin possession

LyerlaAP

In trying to talk his way back into another NFL chance, former Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla said his “past is the past and it’s going to stay in the past.”

Except, it didn’t.

According to KOIN, Lyerla was arrested Sunday for heroin possession. He was alone in a parked car behind a gas station when police spotted him, and charged him with a felony count of possessing a controlled substance.

Lyerla was arrested for possession of cocaine during his brief but colorful career at Oregon, which also included him quitting the football team and suggesting the Sandy Hook shootings were a government conspiracy. That an NFL team would give him a chance despite all that was an indication of how talented he was in college.

He wasn’t drafted, but the Packers signed him last spring. A knee injury ended his time there, but he was lobbying for another chance after recovering without surgery. It seems unlikely anyone is going to give him one now.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

I'm pretty surprised he played OK as a rookie with a terrible QB why doesn't the "no weaponz" argument work in reverse? Cest la vie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol "The S*ck" = " The Su*k" regardless of position!

unless wifey is doing the math :(

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

he sucked something awful -another swing and miss by our gms-as i said before fans many times for some reason can see things guys that get paid to do this for a living dont

next to leave millner who should have never been drafted due to his college history of being hurt

d smith another bust -yes some will say too early blah blah blah he sucks-one trick pony-our next stephen hill

this years bust will be hackenburg

our gm has done very good in FA signings and is MUCH better than izadick but his drafts have not set the world on fire

Agree up to last 2 sentences

Hard to say yet on Hack ... Although so far he's shown $h*t ... QB position certainly gets cut bit of slack... Just not 4 years worth

without checking on each player ... Think there's been a reasonable amount of HR's , doubles, & singles to go along with the strike outs

10 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

It has nothing to do with position.  The Jets need a TE and he was literally competing against a bunch of nobodies. 

My point is they didn't keep him because they do not have an intention of using the TE as a pass catcher.  

15 minutes ago, aec4 said:

My point is they didn't keep him because they do not have an intention of using the TE as a pass catcher.  

Even if true, doing so so blatantly obviously takes away an entire section of potential offense, making it all that much easier to defend against you.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Even if true, doing so so blatantly obviously takes away an entire section of potential offense, making it all that much easier to defend against you.

Disagree.....don't want to waste touches on a dropish fumblish player or snaps on a can't blockish player.  

4 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Disagree.....don't want to waste touches on a dropish fumblish player or snaps on a can't blockish player.  

Today's atheletic TE's create mismatches against slower Lbers. We've seen this ad infinitum with Gronk and our Lbers.  I'm sure Gailey who's used Scott Chandler and Tony Gonz in this same ilk could have used Amaro just as effectively.

Regardless of the drops/fumbles this is a head scratcher and I think there's more behind the cut than meets the eye.  this front office seemed to have it out for this player from the start - so I believe this one has to be chalked up to personal issues. It won't stop  the I told you so nega-Jet fans  who hate everyone that does anything wrong on the field from claiming victory though. 

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Last time I looked you still play 11 on 11. A player may not carry the roster title of TE, but when a player is lined up next to a tackle said player is playing that position and his play is reflective of that role. Chan may not use the traditional TE but he does have someone lineup there. Just look at how the position has changed now you call a player your Pass catching TE and another a Blocking TE. There's just not 32 players out there with to ability and talent to fill the traditional TE role on all 32 teams. Guess it's the age of specialization.

I think Jace will have an NFL career and someone will bring him in. And find a spot for him in their offense. As for his work ethic etc. it obviously did not impress the Jets. Word travels in the NFL if a guy is a slacker. But talent over rep in this case. I think he'll be playing somewhere this season. He's on people's lists as far as available tight ends. It might be later in the year esp after game 1. 

To me this is only a big deal because we wasted yet another high draft pick on a TE who cannot play. This regime gets a pass of course because they did not draft him. Anyway, they will use Quincy as the TE most of the time, which will create nightmares for defenses since we now have so many speedy WR's as well, if we can protect the QB.

Titans claimed TE Jace Amaro off waivers from the Jets.

Amaro never settled in with New York and fell off after a solid start this preseason. Tennessee uses Delanie Walker as a de facto wide receiver on many of his snaps, and that is a role in which Amaro could thrive. He still needs to clean up his drops and become a more proficient blocker to hang in the NFL.

Sep 4 - 12:57 PM

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

If you think that's the reason they didn't keep him, you don't know sh*t.  Sorry.

Guess I'm dumb then, great way to have an argument. 

Titans claimed him and they were #1 slot so what the hell do I know i don't know sh*t

7 minutes ago, aec4 said:

Guess I'm dumb then, great way to have an argument. 

Titans claimed him and they were #1 slot so what the hell do I know i don't know sh*t

The Titans?  The team with a 5-27 record over the last two years?

I hope Amaro can beat out Phillip Supernaw for that third string TE position in TN.  

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I actually think this is a fantastic fit for him ... he won't be asked to block and the ball will be in his hands a lot ... if he can hold

onto it

Good one.  I can't believe the Jets released this offensive weapon.  Hopefully Sanchez, Hill, and Amaro don't team up together on an AFC team.  We'll be ****ed then.

Archived