Bills Seantrel Henderson Facing Suspension

Lith

If Henderson really was taking this medication for his chron's disease then he would have a prescription from a doctor. Nfl would be sued out of its own ass if it tried to suspend someone because they were taking a prescribed medication. 

Bills are a mess this year though. Kind of a shame I wanted rex to stick around a few more years and really ruin them for the perceivable future.

Just now, jdeacon said:

If Henderson really was taking this medication for his chron's disease then he would have a prescription from a doctor. Nfl would be sued out of its own ass if it tried to suspend someone because they were taking a prescribed medication. 

Bills are a mess this year though. Kind of a shame I wanted rex to stick around a few more years and really ruin them for the perceivable future.

The "medication" for Chron's disease was marijuana, per Ian Rapoport's tweet (added above).

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I think that it is outrageous that a man can have a documented disease, use marijuana and get a four game suspension but I guy can kick the hell out his wife and get less.

Marijuana?????  

We have to be kidding here!!!

From asset forfeiture, eminent domain, to anal probes at traffic stops something has to give..

America let's stand up for the country we love!!!

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

I think that it is outrageous that a man can have a documented disease, use marijuana and get a four game suspension but I guy can kick the hell out his wife and get less.

Marijuana?????  

From asset forfeiture, eminent domain, to anal probes at traffic stops something has to give..

I get your point, but it's the rule.  There are other pain medications.  He knew it was a rule and chose to break it.  You can have a problem with the rule - but he should absolutely be suspended.

Lets wait and see how this plays out.  If he was self medicated, he has no one to blame but himself.  If he really has a prescription why did he not call the nfl hot line first and get it cleared.  I don't jump to conclusions that he is right or wrong till all the facts come out.  Just because you don't like a law it does not mean it is not a law.  If you do not like it work to change it do not just ignore it and say fu.

6 minutes ago, Greensince69 said:

Lets wait and see how this plays out.  If he was self medicated, he has no one to blame but himself.  If he really has a prescription why did he not call the nfl hot line first and get it cleared.  I don't jump to conclusions that he is right or wrong till all the facts come out.  Just because you don't like a law it does not mean it is not a law.  If you do not like it work to change it do not just ignore it and say fu.

Because it wasn't prescribed, because some think it helps with Chrons, there's no real proof it does.

And he's accepted his suspension, isn't challenging it, starts his suspension on Sunday

On 9/7/2016 at 10:50 AM, jdeacon said:

It's still illegal. The Feds just do not enforce it. I doubt you can sue over doing something that breaks Federal law. 

The marijuana companies must do their business in cash because the banks refuse to take their money.  

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

It's still illegal. The Feds just do not enforce it. I doubt you can sue over doing something that breaks Federal law. 

The marijuana companies must do their business in cash because the banks refuse to take their money.  

I posted that before it came out it was for mary jane. Chron's treatment can involve a lot of steroids so I was just assuming it was a pop for ped's. I agree with you completely, its still illegal on a federal level and should be punished until it becomes legal.

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I get your point, but it's the rule.  There are other pain medications.  He knew it was a rule and chose to break it.  You can have a problem with the rule - but he should absolutely be suspended.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Marijuana?????  

Cops are so racist.

On September 7, 2016 at 10:50 AM, jdeacon said:

Let's not forget that the Bills have beaten us 7 times in a row (could it be six?) so I'm not saying anything about them until we finally beat them

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Marijuana?????  

If you see any of those anal probe traffic stops can you post the address here? Asking for a friend.

I don't get it guys get suspended for using Adderall all the time, BUT if they have a prescription for it they are allowed to take it, and no suspension when it comes up in a drug test.  So IF he had a prescription for Medical Marijuana for Chrons disease shouldn't he be allowed to use it?

25 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I don't get it guys get suspended for using Adderall all the time, BUT if they have a prescription for it they are allowed to take it, and no suspension when it comes up in a drug test.  So IF he had a prescription for Medical Marijuana for Chrons disease shouldn't he be allowed to use it?

I believe that the schedule for suspension and maybe the ban on Marijuana is part of the CBA.

Guns are legal to carry in many states, but a business can still suspend or fire you for bringing a gun onto the property if it is against the rules. As an employee you agree to adhere to the rules of working for the company unless those rules violate the law; if you are in a union, you have to follow the rules of the agreement.

Suspending a player for weed when it is clearly against the rules is not a civil rights violation. No need to call the ACLU

50 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I believe that the schedule for suspension and maybe the ban on Marijuana is part of the CBA.

Guns are legal to carry in many states, but a business can still suspend or fire you for bringing a gun onto the property if it is against the rules. As an employee you agree to adhere to the rules of working for the company unless those rules violate the law; if you are in a union, you have to follow the rules of the agreement.

Suspending a player for weed when it is clearly against the rules is not a civil rights violation. No need to call the ACLU

The CBA unfortunately is now out dated when it comes to Medical Marijuana, I take 2 prescription drugs that are prescribed to me that are illegal if not prescribed , and come up on my drug tests for work, but the outside company notifies me about the failed drug test, and asks me if the drugs are prescribed, and if so to send in documented proof, and when I do send in the documented proof the test gets sent back to my employer as a passed drug test, and they are not notified about the prescribed drugs that were present.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

IF he had enough brains to work this out with the NFL ahead of time....but since he didn't he is toast

going forward players may try to get this through

I actually think medical marijuana should be allowed for NFL players to recover on gamday and the day after, maybe by eating weed cookis so they don't suffer ill effects from smoking it.  That would be impossible to legislate of course, and you would wind up with a league full of junkies because they are basically in pain from august to february

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Adderall is a controlled substance but legal in all states and under federal law with a proper script.

Marijuana is a controlled substance that is legalized in just a few states but not under federal law. Even in those states that have legalized it for some or all purposes it is still a violation of federal law to possess and use. 

Not the same at all.

12 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Adderall is a controlled substance but legal in all states and under federal law with a proper script.

Marijuana is a controlled substance that is legalized in just a few states but not under federal law. Even in those states that have legalized it for some or all purposes it is still a violation of federal law to possess and use. 

Not the same at all.

Thank you  for clearing that up for me, this makes sense based on your explanation of the law.  What does not make sense, and should be addressed on a federal level is that one can pop a much more addictive, and destructive drug like Adderall, and prescription pain killers.  And I don't smoke the Mary J, can't due to work reasons as I get drug tested often, but even if I didn't I wouldn't because the affects on me are not positive, and I don't like the way it makes me feel, also not a fan of being around a bunch of peeps who have just gotten crazy high, but I also don't like being around a bunch of peeps who are drunk, unless I am also drunk then it is preferred that the rest be drunk lol.

Anyways thanks for making me understand the way the laws see these drugs on a federal level, even thou it doesn't make real life sense, it now makes legal sense.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

The CBA unfortunately is now out dated when it comes to Medical Marijuana, I take 2 prescription drugs that are prescribed to me that are illegal if not prescribed , and come up on my drug tests for work, but the outside company notifies me about the failed drug test, and asks me if the drugs are prescribed, and if so to send in documented proof, and when I do send in the documented proof the test gets sent back to my employer as a passed drug test, and they are not notified about the prescribed drugs that were present.

That is too bad; because it is in effect for another 6+ years (or so); so if they want to change the rules they can, but for right now it is out; the players know it; and any violation is on them.

Archived