Cut Brandon Marshall

nico002

8 minutes ago, j4jets said:

It was a sh*t pass to an open Marshall. But yeah, let's cut Marshall. 

If an NFL QB hits a receiver in his f*cking hands, BOTH hands, he has to make that catch.

Could Fitz have played better? Damn straight...Folk? Yup.  Our secondary sucks too...no one receiver should torch you for 180 yds.

Regardless of all of that, IF Marshall catches that ball, I liked our chances.

7 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Bid hip. Could make his timing a bit suspect when getting to the ball

And their game plan was obviously to hurt him and knock him out of the game. He took some brutal ones. And then that ABSURD offensive pass interference penalty they called on him!!! 

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

If an NFL QB hits a receiver in his f*cking hands, BOTH hands, he has to make that catch.

Could Fitz have played better? Damn straight...Folk? Yup.  Our secondary sucks too...no one receiver should torch you for 180 yds.

Regardless of all of that, IF Marshall catches that ball, I liked our chances.

Easy said than done. Stopping your momentum and trying to grab a pass from your back shoulder isn't that easy. Besides, Fitz would've thrown a pick on the next play anyways. He's no comeback king. 

16 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Silly thread but he HAS done this kind of thing before.  Mysterious drops of balls between the numbers in the biggest of moments, sometimes even in the end zone and several times probably costing us games.

This game was lost by a defense that gave up first downs on several third and more than 10. Bulls*it secondary. guys that don't want to tackle and coverage lapses at the worst possible moments. This game was lost by Folk and the defense.

44 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Silly thread but he HAS done this kind of thing before.  Mysterious drops of balls between the numbers in the biggest of moments, sometimes even in the end zone and several times probably costing us games.

Marshall dropped balls in Chicago too. Why were they still able to make the playoffs? Answer: because Jay Cutler doesn't suck.

52 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Crazy. Truly bizarre. It is literally inconceivable that anyone could have seen it coming.

6 hours ago, EM31 said:

Yup. Early last season, games were lost on special teams and Marshall mentally checking out on key plays.

So, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup. Early last season, games were lost on special teams and Marshall mentally checking out on key plays.

So, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Obviously we would all still take him even with these meltdown moments but the frustrating part of all of this is that the Geno fan boy crowd better known a the Fitzpatrick haters club will not even acknowledge that he has these embarrassing moments to begin with.  It interferes with their narrative where everything good that happens to this offense is because of the arrival of Chan Gaily and Brandon Marshall (who was never available to Smith) and everything bad that happens is because of Fitz's weak arm.

Just now, EM31 said:

Obviously we would all still take him even with these meltdown moments but the frustrating part of all of this is that the Geno fan boy crowd better known a the Fitzpatrick haters club will not even acknowledge that he has these embarrassing moments to begin with.  It interferes with their narrative where everything good that happens to this offense is because of the arrival of Chan Gaily and Brandon Marshall (who was never available to Smith) and everything bad that happens is because of Fitz's weak arm.

I'm with ya.

I dispelled the "deep ballz" argument last season swiftly and fully. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I'm with ya.

I dispelled the "deep ballz" argument last season swiftly and fully. 

If every interception is going to lead to this kind of knee-jerk ("Fitz is hot garbage") reaction from the same five or six usual supects then this place will be even more insufferable during the season than it has been for the last 8 months.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bad play.  This loss hangs on marshall, folk and revis.  Terrible games by all 3 guys.

And to think with all the bad plays, poor execution, questionable play calling, putrid kicking - we still dominated a team that had been a perennial playoff team the last few years and handed the game over and lost by a point on a play they were going to eliminate. ?

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

If every interception is going to lead to this kind of knee-jerk ("Fitz is hot garbage") reaction from the same five or six usual supects then this place will be even more insufferable during the season than it has been for the last 8 months.

Forgone conclusion. Which is exactly why I went vigilante trying to resolve the past several months on my own, to no avail.

6 minutes ago, Powpow said:

And to think with all the bad plays, poor execution, questionable play calling, putrid kicking - we still dominated a team that had been a perennial playoff team the last few years and handed the game over and lost by a point on a play they were going to eliminate. ?

we didn't dominate anybody, home loss, conference loss. 45 years of moral victories for me, sorry cant buy it.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

fits and marshall were super rusty, but I'm worried brandons hip is an issue.  I think they will both bounce back if healthy

I'm thinking Marshalls ego is hurting because Forte is the new kid on the block.    I mean they barely announced his name the entire game. He must be hurt cause he could not get open as he usually does. Fitz barely targeted him.

Archived