Jets v Pats game thread 11-27-16

Lizard King

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Who cares whether Fitz's QBR was better than Brady's.  What is the utility in starting this guy?  A month from now he is no longer a Jet.  Think about that.

Bowles implied on the Kay show that Fitzpatrick might be back next season. LOLOLOL

12 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

Please dude. I'm no Fitz fan either but this loss is all on the defense. Jets had the lead..defense blew it.

1. I don't care whose fault it is.  Fitz playing is idiotic.
  2. I also happen to disagree.  Fitz was good today...  for him.  Judged by other QBs, he sucks @ss.  

Please let the Fitz era be over now.

Was probably the most inaccurate I've ever seen Brady. The overthrow to Gronk and the overthrow to Mitchell in the endzone are passes he usually doesn't miss.  He also was off on quite a few short passes.  He may be hurt more than they are saying.  This was a game to be had.

4 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

I honestly think that some jet fans are clueless.  We lost on a fumbled catch as we were driving.  It should have never come down to the last drive. Good teams don't lose,the game, we,did.  The goat is Robbie Anderson, not Fitz.  Take off the hater glasses. Fitz is done here real soon, but today he didn't cost the game.   The D never gets a stop when needed and Anderson got the ball punched out in a very amature  fashion. 

+1

Again, a bunch of Jet fans refusing to blame the defense or the players who can't execute.   Blaming the quarterback is always so much easier, isn't it? 

SAR I

Just now, Mogglez said:

Fitzy fumbled the ball on the final drive of the game and NE recovered but he didn't loze tha game cuz he had a better QB rating than Brady.  K guyz?  

Fitzpatrick did not fumble, he was strip sacked because of lousy offensive line play. 

SAR I

Just now, detectivekimble said:

Blame whoever you want, but 17 points is not going to get it done.  The offense needs to put more points on the board.

Please inform us the 1st time our defense actually makes a stop after we go ahead in the 4th quarter of a game because it will be a first in about the last 6 years.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Keyboard warrior. Ride into the sunset about being right in your mind on the internet. Congrats! 

For the record, im doing that. You guys took the road of being asshats last november...and when Mods even asked me if I wanted to close the thread I said "nope"...because this is Ryan Fitzpatrick we're talking about here so I know I'll get the last laugh. 

Im laughing my ass off for the record. 

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

Blame whoever you want, but 17 points is not going to get it done.  The offense needs to put more points on the board.

64 yards rushing isn't going to get it done. Less than 3 yards a carry isn't going to get it done. No turnovers on D or pressure for that matter won't get it done. As usual, lots of blame to go around. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

For the record, im doing that. You guys took the road of being asshats last november...and when Mods even asked me if I wanted to close the thread I said "nope"...because this is Ryan Fitzpatrick we're talking about here so I know I'll get the last laugh. 

Im laughing my ass off for the record. 

Laughing about your team losing. Classy. But we've come to expect that of you. 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Fitzy fumbled the ball on the final drive of the game and NE recovered but he didn't loze tha game cuz he had a better QB rating than Brady.  K guyz?  

the defense is allowed to make a stop, special teams is allowed to make a play. the o-line can open holes, the wepinz can hold onto the ball, the coach can show some balls

QB's get all the blame, but this time there is plenty to go around

I actually thought we played pretty well, against a very good team.  I actually suspected that it was going to be a tough, physical, grindy type of game, simply b/c its been that way the last few years every time these teams face each other.

Of course in the end Brady is Brady, and Fitz is Fitz, but from a team building perspective you take Fitz's performance every day of the week.  It's the little things that lost it for us, like the Anderson fumble, or Powells dropped pass.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He held that ball for an eternity.  Our youngins would have thrown that sh*t away. 

The one thing Ryan Fitzpatrick excels at is pocket presence.  He was probably looking to throw deep downfield, that was probably the play call, the wide receiver just didn't get open quickly enough. 

Doesn't matter. It was a strip sack. Our OL got beat by a better team.

SAR I

Just now, Larz said:

the defense is allowed to make a stop, special teams is allowed to make a play. the o-line can open holes, the wepinz can hold onto the ball, the coach can show some balls

QB's get all the blame, but this time there is plenty to go around

Rewatch Quincy Enunwa and Brandon Marshall from today and come back to me with a weaponz excuse for Fitz.  The O-line held up fine all game.  The ball was (again) put in Fitzpatrick's hands to seal the deal and he found a way to f*ck it up (again).  He is the living, breathing, embodiment of anti-clutch.

I know Robbie Anderson made a game changing turnover. But it came after a very good catch. I think this guy is a real find. And he looks better every game as a receiver. As for Fitz I think the word efficient is correct. And if he played as competently earlier in the season as he did today a better season. What can you say about that strip fumble. Predictable. But Fitz overall had a good game. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I know Robbie Anderson made a game changing turnover. But it came after a very good catch. I think this guy is a real find. And he looks better every game as a receiver. As for Fitz I think the word efficient is correct. And if he played as competently earlier in the season as he did today a better season. What can you say about that strip fumble. Predictable. But Fitz overall had a good game. 

Dude is a fumble machine 

Archived