JETS VS 49ERS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

joewilly12

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

That's not necessarily writing him off but it's a peek into why Fitzpatrick was starting still. 

TBH I think Bowles has handled the QB situation well even as unpopular as that may sound 

Its fine if you are a fitz fan but fitz was actually worse lol

Tom Brady would have a tough time behind this sad azz Oline! Are you f*cking kidding me? Backup left LT, Backup Center, guys moved around to fill in, no Fullback, no TE design in the offense, down 14-0 in the blink of a f*cking eye, please put things in perspective when critiquing QB play! 

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Tbh I don't think Petty has been that bad.

He has worse ability to sense the rush than Geno...spread offense QBs suck with a few exceptions because they have usually been the guy so athletically superior to everyone else on the field that they didn't have to have nuanced understanding of football...now they are trying to play without that advantage and they are exposed as not being nearly as good as their HS and college highlight reels made them seem...

1 minute ago, Awesumtenor said:

He has worse ability to sense the rush than Geno...spread offense QBs suck with a few exceptions because they have usually been the guy so athletically superior to everyone else on the field that they didn't have to have nuanced understanding of football...now they are trying to play without that advantage and they are exposed as not being nearly as good as their HS and college highlight reels made them seem...

Go to sleep

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Tom Brady would have a tough time behind this sad azz Oline! Are you f*cking kidding me? Backup left LT, Backup Center, guys moved around to fill in, no Fullback, no TE design in the offense, down 14-0 in the blink of a f*cking eye, please put things in perspective when critiquing QB play! 

But we've heard all week in these forums that the line is solid and they don't need Mangold anymore. I think it's fair to say this line has been bad all season and Fitz was able to hide some of the warts. 

Omg people need to relax ... people are just commenting what they seeing from petty in this game .. nobody is saying this game decides pettys career .. but nobody is gonna sit here and sugar coat his play. He has played like sh*t today .  It is what it is.

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

We have a solid tight end in ASJ we need to get him more involved and use the off season to rebuild our oline. 

ASJ could use an offseason to build some chemistry with whatever QB we end up starting next year. Hopefully he can keep himself out of trouble long enough to build that chemistry.

Unable to watch the game glancing at the stat line this team has quite and that's on Bowles and this staff. Had high hopes for this guy. Most likely he will be back but without a makeover to his approach the Jets will unfortunately be in the market for a new Head coach by mid season next year?

I feel like I'm watching an exhibition game. To allow this kind of yardage on the ground. D players out of position most of the time. On offense Petty sacked 4 times. Greg McElroy's only start in 2012 he was sacked seven times. For the most part little in terms of sustained drives. He's not doing a whole lot out there.

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is kinda pointless. The fact that they can't even let Hack get some reps at this point is pathetic. 

I'll be honest, I don't want to subject hack to this f*cking train wreck and I want him to play probably more than anyone here.  There aren't any QBs in the first worth taking this year so stay the course on making him the potential "future" and put him in the best chance to succeed by "redshirting" him.  This is a dumpster fire team that is just all sorts of wrong right now.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I feel like I'm watching an exhibition game. To allow this kind of yardage on the ground. D players out of position most of the time. On offense Petty sacked 4 times. Greg McElroy's only start in 2012 he was sacked seven times. For the most part little in terms of sustained drives. He's not doing a whole lot out there.

I have to assume that his receivers are not getting open

You are

2 teams going nowhere playing out the string.

Losing might get you a better draft pick which would be the real win.

1 minute ago, tfine said:

LOL Jets fans are the worst....they thought Petty was going to magically win them the superbowl this year in his first game. Give the kid a shot..

It's amazing that people like you are deluding yourself into thinking that this is just "youngin yips".  He's gotten to sit and watch for almost 2 full seasons and still can't read basic coverages or go through his progressions against, arguably, the worst team in football.  I think the Browns could actually beat this Niners team.

Petty. Sucks.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

But we've heard all week in these forums that the line is solid and they don't need Mangold anymore. I think it's fair to say this line has been bad all season and Fitz was able to hide some of the warts. 

I also think this coaching staff is terrible & Chan is a dinosaur that needs to be led out to pasture.

Archived