JETS VS 49ERS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

joewilly12

8 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

"Jets S Marcus Gilchrist will have season-ending knee surgery. Tough blow for the defense."

Not sure about the bolded bit. They seemed to go fine once he left.

I was watching the game on a crappy stream at work.  Who filled in for him?

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about Powell is that he got the extra yards. On first downs he'd get 7 or 8. And I love the screen passes to him and Forte. Just wish they would throw short more often. And both tight ends made plays. As for Robbie Anderson he's a great FA addition. We all loved him in pre-season and he can make plays. He's a legit NFL receiver already.

14 minutes ago, prime21 said:

There is nothing more important than seeing If Petty can be our starter. Although wins hurt the draft, they do help Petty be confident. Let's win!

Yea im all for  the best draft pick but if pwtty continues to devwlop then who cares.  Qb devwlopment is more important 

31 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

addition by subtraction.   

the other big change is Catapano who was being blown up in the 1st half.  would be surprised if catapano isn't released on mOnday

Would be disappointed to see a local kid from the CHSFL cut, but I'd  understand it. At least move him down in the lineup. 

13 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Robbie Anderson would probably have 1,000 yards this season if he had QB that could actually throw downfield ..

No surprise he suddenly making plays when a QB can get him the ball downfield.., I won't over blow the drops he isn't Stephen hill out there 

yeah I like Robbie a lot.  We have some good young wide outs.  We desperately need to rebuild the o-line.  I admit I'm not sure about what petty is yet but if he can become even a decent starter tahts one less thing to worry about and we can focus on filling other holes

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Jesus can't believe I did lol, we've got a lot of weapons on this offense they just Weren't being used correctly

Corrected.  Now that we have a quarterback with arm, watch how these weapons start to get utilized.  Only wish we had more than 3 games to work them in. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Revis had a good day too!!!!! 

Lets give credit where credit is due. 

"So what, he's been terrible all year and has been burned a lot we played a 1-11 team today in case you forgot."

Do you not see the irony?

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Revis had a good day too!!!!! 

Lets give credit where credit is due. 

What is wrong with him that he not only can't tackle but he looks almost afraid to try...he used to be a beast in run support and if a receiver caught a pass against him there was minimal YAC...now he looks like he should have hung up his cleats last year...

Archived