Mike Maccagnan declines to apologize to fans for Jets miserable season

joewilly12

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Being as I didn't listen to this show or knew of this show taking place the article intrigued me,Boomer and Carton sometimes have a decent program,

Carton is a nut like me dedicated diehard Jets fan looking for answers, something. 

Mike Maccgnan is unpredictable and doesn't seem like he's too concerned about the fans having met him I'm not impressed. 

What you did is fell into a trap of being baited by a headline writer's attempt to be sensational.

Note the writer of the article, actually looked to downplay what was written in the headline- "Would you rather have Maccagnan groveling and apologizing on sports talk radio, or actually putting together a winning team?"

Yet, the headline writer took it upon himself to sensationalize something the writer himself did not try to imply. All in the attempt to titillate the easily titillated.

Attempt successful, based on your response.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

What you did is fell into a trap of being baited by a headline writer's attempt to be sensational.

Note the writer of the article, actually looked to downplay what was written in the headline- "Would you rather have Maccagnan groveling and apologizing on sports talk radio, or actually putting together a winning team?"

Yet, the headline writer took it upon himself to sensationalize something the writer himself did not try to imply. All in the attempt to titillate the easily titillated.

Attempt successful, based on your response.

What i would have rather heard was Mike Maccagnan taking responsibility and accountability for the mess and failure here. 

I would also would have like to have heard positive renforcement that everything would get better. 

Is that asking for too much?

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The bottom line for Maccagnan: If quarterback Christian Hackenberg fails, after Maccagnan drafted him in Round 2 last year, then Maccagnan is probably finished with the Jets, sooner rather than later. 

I don't think that Macc's future rests on Hackenberg's success.  I think Woody expects steady improvement regarding the competitiveness and depth of this team.  I don't think Macc is going anywhere for a long while.  Winners are not built overnight, and Woody has made it clear that he's willing to wait it out.  However if we add a couple of more years of digressing and losing then Woody could make a change.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Suck it up buttercup, I didn't ask him for an apology. 

Maccagnan was pressed for an apology by co-host Craig Carton,

JetNation would like to ask you for a formal apology, for you know... all of your posts.

It kind of makes sense to not pander to a fanbase made up of, as sourceworx says, whiny little c*nts.

This might be an absolute disaster. But at least they have a plan and are sticking to the plan. The results might end up sucking but I think for the first time in awhile, the Jets went through the process the right way

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

What i would have rather heard was Mike Maccagnan taking responsibility and accountability for the mess and failure here. 

I would also would have like to have heard positive renforcement that everything would get better. 

Is that asking for too much?

Do you really believe that he doesn't care? Do you really believe that he is happy with failure? Do you think he has worked hard in the industry for 25 years, so he can now rest on failure, and be glad where he is?

The GM giving you lip service with positive reenforcement mollifies you and gets you tingly? Really? That would make your venom go away?

I will give you credit and say you are not that simple. Let's allow Mcc to fix things, if he can, without the subtleties of apologies. That would just be empty.

Do you really believe that he doesn't care? Do you really believe that he is happy with failure? Do you think he has worked hard in the industry for 25 years, so he can now rest on failure, and be glad where he is?

The GM giving you lip service with positive reenforcement mollifies you and gets you tingly? Really? That would make your venom go away?

I will give you credit and say you are not that simple. Let's allow Mcc to fix things, if he can, without the subtleties of apologies. That would just be empty.

joewilly doesn't want apologies. He wants a pound of flesh every time the Jets fail

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Scott he is the GM of the organization a lot that has happened here he is responsible for. The fact that he hid for most of the season is ridiculous. His demeanor in my opinion is don't like the job I'm doing too damn bad. I have met Macc he's no fans GM. No one asked for an apology so we can go into the off season all warm and fuzzy but we got nothing not even an explanation of the future hopes and dreams,im worried and you should be too. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Scott he is the GM of the organization a lot that has happened here he is responsible for. The fact that he hid for most of the season is ridiculous. His demeanor is in my opinion is don't like the job I'm doing too damn bad. I have met Macc he's no fans GM. No one asked for an apology so we can go into the off season all warm and fuzzy but we got nothing not even an explanation of the future,im worried and you should be too. 

We don't need a fans GM. We don't need a GM that is good with the media and likes being quoted. We need a GM that can build a roster for the long haul. He doesn't have to explain what he is going to do. He has to just do it.

It is up to the Marketing department to get the fans excited. He shouldn't be thinking about that at all.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Scott he is the GM of the organization a lot that has happened here he is responsible for. The fact that he hid for most of the season is ridiculous. His demeanor is in my opinion is don't like the job I'm doing too damn bad. I have met Macc he's no fans GM. No one asked for an apology so we can go into the off season all warm and fuzzy but we got nothing not even an explanation of the future,im worried and you should be too. 

Hid? How did he hide? 

Just now, Maxman said:

We don't need a fans GM. We don't need a GM that is good with the media and likes being quoted. We need a GM that can build a roster for the long haul.

Agree to disagree Max after the season we just had Macc seemed to think its ok and according to him its part of his process, what process is that. The fans read what the media writes the fans expect more as fan myself I expect responsibility and accountability something this organization knows nothing about. Many fans including yourself paid a lot of money to be part of this organization. Havent the fans suffered enough. Macc could have said something to ease the pain instead he left us all wondering if the pain will continue and we should learn how to deal with it. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree to disagree Max after the season we just had Macc seemed to think its ok and according to him its part of his process, what process is that. The fans read what the media writes the fans expect more as fan myself I expect responsibility and accountability something this organization knows nothing about. Many fans including yourself paid a lot of money to be part of this organization. Havent the fans suffered enough. Macc could have said something to ease the pain instead he left us all wondering if the pain will continue and we should learn how to deal with it. 

You are delusional . What could Macc have said to make us feel better  - The Jets will be sending out full refunds for every year you've been a fan - is this what you expected ?? Please tell me what words would have made you Happy ???.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

You are delusional . What could Macc have said to make us feel better  - The Jets will be sending out full refunds for every year you've been a fan - is this what you expected ?? Please tell me what words would have made you Happy ???.

We are diligently working to improve this organization we hope to improve the team through the draft and free agency we will be looking to improve the coaching staff and are currently working towards finding an OC. Todd Bowles isn't perfect but we know where he made mistakes and we are working on fixing them. Something to the effect that he cares and wants to fix this mess instead of a sh*t attitude like he is the only GM in the NFL and the Jets are stuck with him. 

1 hour ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I don't think that Macc's future rests on Hackenberg's success.  I think Woody expects steady improvement regarding the competitiveness and depth of this team.  I don't think Macc is going anywhere for a long while.  Winners are not built overnight, and Woody has made it clear that he's willing to wait it out.  However if we add a couple of more years of digressing and losing then Woody could make a change.

If Hack ended up like Geno-not the answer but can keep the fans entertained with a 8-8 season with an otherwise bad team-and Macc otherwise finds good players, I think he is fine.

If Hack is completely incompetent, which is how he has at times looked, he could get fired.  I like him, but if that is the case, he may deserve it.

If the former, it was worth the try for a second round pick.  Plenty of first round QBs stink.  

How Lynch ends up will also be instructive (considering the Broncos fired a QB guru).

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We are diligently working to improve this organization we hope to improve the team through the draft and free agency we will be looking to improve the coaching staff and are currently working towards finding an OC. Todd Bowles isn't perfect but we know where he made mistakes and we are working on fixing them. Something to the effect that he cares and wants to fix this mess instead of a sh*t attitude like he is the only GM in the NFL and the Jets are stuck with him. 

Japan just called. Said they were sorry about Pearl Harbor. Everything is ok now.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

But why does he need to tell us all that - that's implicit as part of his job. Do you think he doesn't want to do any of that ??.

Its like hey I'm gonna go in and screw up at my job today - but I'll tell everybody how great a job I did because that's what they want to hear .

Japan just called. Said they were sorry about Pearl Harbor. Everything is ok now.

Bad joke. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

But why does he need to tell us all that - that's implicit as part of his job. Do you think he doesn't want to do any of that ??.

Its like hey I'm gonna go in and screw up at my job today - but I'll tell everybody how great a job I did because that's what they want to hear .

You're right who cares what he says, actions speak louder than words time will tell what he does or doesn't do. 

14 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Macc should buy us all a cup of coffee.

What does an apology do? This is America being babies. Jets fans don't want an apology. Some may think they want an apology. All we want is a winning team. I could give two craps if you feel guilty that you did a crappy job. As long as Macc is trying his best he should never apologize for sub par results.

I wonder if Bengal fans cared if Jeremy Hill was sorry that he fumbled the ball to lose the game against the Steelers? I think they would just prefer he did his job right.

4 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I was listening this morning - Carton was being tongue in cheek with his questions, repeatedly asking Mac questions that he knew Mac would not answer. (ie - why didn't you demand Hackenberg started week 16?' & 'Why was it more important for Bowles to finish 5-11 vs 4-12'?)

At the end of the interview he gave Mac an open floor to address the Jets fans and their frustration. After Mac talked for about 30 seconds about the disappointment of last year and how they're working to right the ship, Carton then butted in to ask for an actual apology to Jets fans. Mac didn't bite despite Carton asking two or three times. 

After Mac was off the line, Carton actually claimed respect that Mac didn't bow down and offer an apology... just because he asks Mac to do something doesn't mean he should do it - something to that effect. A non story with a click bait headline.

/ end thread

Archived