Jets just signed Josh McCown (MERGED)

JetFanatic

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

sh*t, im fully expecting the Jets to waste the rest of Petty's Jets career on Josh McCown. 

What is amazing to me is the Jets "plan" for the last two years was and is to have two of the worst starting QBs in the enitre NFL under center!!!

And if Hack and Petty are that awful again the GM I have to say it has to go.

It is simple, the GM can't keep drafting QBs that the team is to afraid to even let see the field.  

Finally those who say Mac couldn't leave his career in the hands of Petty or Hack are honestly saying that Josh McCown, he of the 2-22 record, will save him?

Fitzpatrick has been a better QB in the league than Josh McCown and it's not close!!

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't want Goff part II. I want a player who can play immediately with a top ten pick

Why, what are you going to win with him next year ? The Jets are building a football team, not running a get rich quick scam.

$6m to be a backup that won't be here next year. Knows the offense, has a history of strong mentorship, and sends message that we're not taking a QB at #6. Money well spent if a QB at #6 is actually the goal, and happen. Plain and simple.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

$6m to be a backup that won't be here next year. Knows the offense, has a history of strong mentorship, and sends message that we're not taking a QB at #6. Money well spent if a QB at #6 is actually the goal, and happen. Plain and simple.

Also sends the signal that we are open to deal

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why do you say that? The man is 2-22 as a starter last couple of years

that's more wins than the combined career total of every current Jet QB.

he might as well be Flash Gordon on this roster.

Just now, dbatesman said:

Hit me with the knowledge, Whofans

If Macc was looking for a starting QB, he would have gone after Cutler immediately. 

Therefore, I don't think he was looking for a starter. And he had to overpay in order for him to come here and potentially do nothing.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I have a feeling I'll be playing a lot if Sunday golf this fall.   

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If Macc was looking for a starting QB, he would have gone after Cutler immediately. 

Therefore, I don't think he was looking for a starter. 

If Macc was content with the roster and wanted to play Petty or Hack, he wouldn't have signed a 173 year old journeyman to start.

Therefore, you're wrong.

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No one has actually stated a logical reason with evidence why they think Josh McCown was brought here to start.

Because one of our QBs played awful last year and the other one wore street clothes on game day? Just a hunch. 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have to agree its Petty and Hack showtime!!!!!!!!!!

We could very well be drafting Foutenette at 6 or Mike Williams. 

Draft Fournette to take pressure of the QB play, then draft TE Njoku for a safe checkdown pass. Then on the third, draft Moton and/or Elflein to strenghten the offensive line. 

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

What is amazing to me is the Jets "plan" for the last two years was and is to have two of the worst starting QBs in the enitre NFL under center!!!

And if Hack and Petty are that awful again the GM I have to say it has to go.

It is simple, the GM can't keep drafting QBs that the team is to afraid to even let see the field.  

Finally those who say Mac couldn't leave his career in the hands of Petty or Hack are honestly saying that Josh McCown, he of the 2-22 record, will save him?

Fitzpatrick has been a better QB in the league than Josh McCown and it's not close!!

Look on the bright side. 

Atleast we wont have to hear every Sunday how McCown went to "Haaarvard". Though we'll probably hear about his hair instead. 

Commentators are such savages!

23 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

How much is guaranteed?  6 M is fringe starter/backup money.  See Hoyer/Foles deals. That's where we are. And that's why it's only 1 year. We got off easy.  I wish the GM had the balls to tell the media and the fans that we were happy with the kids we got and wanted to give them the opportunity to develop and we'd keep tabs on available emergency QBs as needed while bringing in camp arms, but with this fanbase with these tabloids and we'd be crucified for that.

Nobody signs a Josh McCown to start. There will be an "open competition" but it will be totally rigged.

Bonus thought...If there is no guaranteed dollars then we can just let him spend all offseason with us learning the system, then cut his ass week 4 in preseason and have him on speed dial.

I agree with your thoughts. To answer your question, 6mil guaranteed.  So he is on the team.   Up to 2 more if he plays 50% of snaps in all games.  Then bonuses for playoffs etc which would be fine.  Not bad, but it suggests he starts the season, unless one of the kids blows camp away.  

He's not being named the starting QB.

only because Bowles learned from his mistake last year.

rest assured little one..   Joshua McCown is the 2017 starter for your NY Jets.

If he ends up that way, then Petty and Hackenberg aren't the answer. And we can move on. 

We are going to move on from Petty...  Hack will get another year...  along with whatever QB they draft next month.

giphy.gif

Just now, Dinamite said:

I agree with your thoughts. To answer your question, 6mil guaranteed.  So he is on the team.   Up to 2 more if he plays 50% of snaps in all games.  Then bonuses for playoffs etc which would be fine.  Not bad, but it suggests he starts the season, unless one of the kids blows camp away.  

Or wins the QB competition. And if McCown wins the competition that closes the book on Petty and Hackenberg.

Archived