Jets just signed Josh McCown (MERGED)

JetFanatic

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I often wish you'd go away after reading your posts. It happens all the time. Weird.

I tried an experiment to see if I could get him to take a break from this thread and it didn't work.  He's still the leading poster.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Everybody's written Petty off.  IMO the Jets will give him another look see this year.  I'd like to see it happen

If the Jets draft another QB in 2017, do they keep 4 or cut Petty?

If the 3 youngsters are better than McCown, do they have the nerve to cut McCown like the Seahawks did with Flynn?

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

If the 3 youngsters are better than McCown, do they have the nerve to cut McCown like the Seahawks did with Flynn?

No way does McCown get cut. The draft is going to be very telling. If they take a QB early, I think Petty might be getting cut. Too early to tell though and I am just speculating (now I will get 10000 negative rep for suggesting this lol).

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Told you. Yellow card

You have to learn to be more CREATIVE in demeaning and insulting annoying posters and trolls in a SUBTLE INDIRECT way which IMPLIES their wretched low rank in the JetsNation Forum caste system. If all posters were as direct, redundant, and whiny as some of your posts, without even the SLIGHTEST hint of subtlety such as @RutgersJetFan, then everyone would be banned. Get your $hit together, b/c you're not ALWAYS wrong, just with whom you choose to sincerely debate. 

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Somewhat expensive, suggests they signed him to start.  6 mil plus potentially 7 more in incentives.    The fitzpatrick deal total.   Guess he starts the season and modway through it, Hack or someone else takes over.

Jeez...someone needs to read more about QB's salaries.

Chase Daniel got $7 mill as backup on the Eagles last year.

I like the 'extra $125K' for games played > 50% of snaps clause...gives the CS every reason to plant his ass on the bench if he's playing (and I hope he's not) and not producing.

IMO, he's here to be a back up, so no big shakes...except that I doubt we draft a QB this year other than a late round flier that can be stashed on the PS.

15 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I don't think so Villain.  The way Macc has been acting this off season I think the last thing Woody said to him before jetting off to London was. "Your jobs good thru 18, but in 18 you better have a promising QB on the field, or there won't be a 19"

Think we're going to see a lot of Petty and Hack this year.  If they both suck, the Jets will have options in the 18 draft.  If one of the kids shines, the world is good even if they have a losing season

Let's hope so

Just now, Maxman said:

No way does McCown get cut. The draft is going to be very telling. If they take a QB early, I think Petty might be getting cut. Too early to tell though and I am just speculating (now I will get 10000 negative rep for suggesting this lol).

Maccagnan is ALWAYS looking for a QB.  He tried to trade up for Mariota and Goff.  He'll take Watson or Trubisky if he likes them.  

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

At least we don;t have to go through the months of crap agony re qbs like we did last year.  Will be interesting to see if we draft a qb this year.

That is a good point. If nothing else this settles down the OTA and minicamp process. I don't see how Petty is ready any time soon. So McCown can learn the offense as the # 1 guy on the depth chart. And Hack can get his feet wet. They can see if he is going 4 of 12 in 7 on 7's before committing to him.

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

If the Jets take a QB in the first 2 rounds Petty's job is in strong danger.  I don't think they wil unless someone takes a long tumble

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

If the Jets take a QB in the first 2 rounds Petty's job is in strong danger.  I don't think they wil unless someone takes a long tumble

Yes. I think the injuries are a big concern.

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You have to learn to be more CREATIVE in demeaning and insulting annoying posters and trolls in a SUBTLE INDIRECT way which IMPLIES their wretched low rank in the JetsNation Forum caste system. If all posters were as direct, redundant, and whiny as some of your posts, without even the SLIGHTEST hint of subtlety such as @RutgersJetFan, then everyone would be banned. Get your $hit together, b/c you're not ALWAYS wrong, just with whom you choose to sincerely debate. 

Thank you. Can you write the handbook on this for us please? :)

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I like the 'extra $125K' for games played > 50% of snaps clause...gives the CS every reason to plant his ass on the bench if he's playing (and I hope he's not) and not producing.

IMO, he's here to be a back up, so no big shakes...except that I doubt we draft a QB this year other than a late round flier that can be stashed on the PS.

That's what annoyed me last year. Jets SHOULD HAVE IR-ed Hack with a phantom Elbow/Shoulder injury after the Preseason and let him Properly redshirt without taking up a roster spot. 

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Career backups know it is highly likely to end up starting for the Jets and want to make sure they are paid if they start.  

So even if their skill says backup, they want to be paid for starting if they do.   

Daniels either wanted more money or wanted to be they guy.   This could work.  But Petty could be toast.  

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I watched him in college, he sucked. 

Chris Hogan played lacrosse in college. Then started at QB in his one year at Monmouth and split time at WR, catching 12 passes.

It is 2017, being good in college is no longer a pre-requisite. :)

3 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

If Hackenberg sucks worse than McCown, we are in deep sh*t.

AND LIKE THE SWEET FERTILIZER Deep $hit is, A BEAUTIFUL FRANCHISE QB DRAFT PICK in 2018 will blossom (Darnold?) like the Spring Flower it would be to us botanically deprived Jets fans. 

Year 3 and this is the roster these idiots have put together?  Unbelievable.  
These dolts will be fired the night of week 17 and someone will be brought in to clean up this mess.

Yea because starting over every 3-4 years has been working so well for us so far. How many Super Bowls do we have???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I don't feel strongly one way or the other about this signing. I understand its purpose. 

Those mad about it must have wanted us to empty the salary cap to get Romo or re-sign $2MM Geno. No thanks.

Sure- this is fair. I dont really care either and I dont dislike Mccown. But how many QB's are we going to give this regime? 

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's what annoyed me last year. Jets SHOULD HAVE IR-ed Hack with a phantom Elbow/Shoulder injury after the Preseason and let him Properly redshirt without taking up a roster spot. 

Good luck getting that by the NFLPA. Also IR'd you can't practice at all. I know many shrugged it off but he was getting reps running the scout team etc. 

1 minute ago, tfine said:

Yea because starting over every 3-4 years has been working so well for us so far. How many Super Bowls do we have???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

More than Cleveland, Atlanta, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Houston, Tennessee, Buffalo, San Diego/L.A., and Philly COMBINED!!!!

Archived