What's worse?

Jetster

Not getting to Super Bowl or getting to one and losing like the Falcons did up 28-3 with 13 minutes left in the game?

Personally? I'd rather not get there.

Can you imagine the sh*tstorm in these forums had we lost a game like that? The funny part was leading up to the Super Bowl most of the chatter was about the coach that got away,lol. The same coach that only needed to bleed the play clock like 4 times to ensure the Pats didn't have enough time for a dramatic comeback.

We all know that Falcons fans are just pseudo Georgia Bulldog fans, so the disappointed probably lasted all of 1 week & life resumed to normal. If that type of loss ever happened to our NY Jets I honestly don't know if I could ever recover from it, I would probably have to just throw my hands up like Roberto Duran & say "No mas"

I laugh just imagining the comments of people on here after so much waiting & than the anticipation & excitement leading up to a Super Bowl, come out SMOKING like Atlanta did and lead 28-3 and eventually lose allowing the opposing to team to not just get 1 two pointer but 2 two point conversions on two consecutive scoring drives. There just aren't enough bridges in NY to accommodate the jumpers. Seriously, they would probably have 30,000 fans default on their season tickets the following season!

The Falcons are reigning NFC Champs.  Meaning, they were the best team in the NFC.

The Jets havent been able to say that in 50 years.  I think it would be a nice thing to celebrate and enjoy for the 2 weeks leading up the Super Bowl.

So I'd say...give me the chance.  After all, you have to be in it to win. 

i think it would be great if the jets dominated their division like the falcons dominated theirs even if it meant a sb loss.  the falcons have been pretty good for the past few seasons and hopefully they won't fall off a cliff like the panthers did.

on the other hand they did lose the game pretty stupidly.  they sat on their lead in the beginning of the second half and let the patsies back in it.  they deserved to lose for playing so stupid.

15 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i think it would be great if the jets dominated their division like the falcons dominated theirs even if it meant a sb loss.  the falcons have been pretty good for the past few seasons and hopefully they won't fall off a cliff like the panthers did.

on the other hand they did lose the game pretty stupidly.  they sat on their lead in the beginning of the second half and let the patsies back in it.  they deserved to lose for playing so stupid.

Jet fans would drop out in DROVES after a loss like that. Every young Jet fan would spit on the ground in disgust at the mere mention of the name & immediately eschew the Jets for the Giants,lol.

Similar to what happened to the Patriots after that embarrassing loss they suffered vs the Bears in 85. I live in New England, let me tell you something, New Englanders didn't want anything to do or have any association to the Pats after that game. That's why this group of bandwagoners that has grown so large since 2001 has made Pats fans so insufferable.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

The Falcons are reigning NFC Champs.  Meaning, they were the best team in the NFC.

The Jets havent been able to say that in 50 years.  I think it would be a nice thing to celebrate and enjoy for the 2 weeks leading up the Super Bowl.

Enjoy the two weeks up to the Superbowl? You mean fret like hell about what embarrassing way they will screw it up?

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Jet fans would drop out in DROVES after a loss like that. Every young Jet fan would spit on the ground in disgust at the mere mention of the name & immediately eschew the Jets for the Giants,lol.

Similar to what happened to the Patriots after that embarrassing loss they suffered vs the Bears in 85. I live in New England, let me tell you something, New Englanders didn't want anything to do or have any association to the Pats after that game. That's why this group of bandwagoners that has grown so large since 2001 has made Pats fans so insufferable.

I lived in Boston in the late 90s. I lived in ******* Southie (back when it was still a tough neighborhood) and I walked around in a Chrebet Jersey, and nobody said anything...Because nobody cared. They loved the Sawx, they loved those Celtics, and they were die-hard Bruins fans, but NOBODY gave a crap about the Patriots. Nobody. Hell they were this close to being moved to Connecticut. 

There has never been a less deserving fan base in the history of sport.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I think you're missing the point. He wasn't asking if you would like to be in the Super Bowl (with a chance to win it), it's whether you'd want to get there knowing that you would collapse and blow the biggest lead of all time. I'd rather not make it than get that far and collapse. No one cares who won the AFC especially if you choke away the SB.

If the Jets made it that far and collapsed, it wouldn't be considered an accomplishment, it would be considered more proof that the Jets are losers. 

I'll pass. 

35 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Falcons have nothing to be ashamed of.  Young, inexperienced teams dont know how to close out in the big game.  They will be back.

Pats experience won that game.  The falcons will get another crack at it.

Don't be so sure. It's not easy getting to a Super Bowl & if the Falcons can't stop the run, a team like the Cowboys with Elliott will have the ball for 43 minutes & Ryan will look like his old self. If Julio Jones goes down? Their D is super thin a rash of injuries would really hurt. Panthers will be back, Bucs will be better, I say Falcons not only blew the game, they'll be the Vikings, never back again.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Not getting to Super Bowl or getting to one and losing like the Falcons did up 28-3 with 13 minutes left in the game?

This part of your post i agree with 100%   That was my first thought when that game ended "I wonder what I would be doing right now if that was the Jets?"

Hope I never find out

47 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Don't be so sure. It's not easy getting to a Super Bowl & if the Falcons can't stop the run, a team like the Cowboys with Elliott will have the ball for 43 minutes & Ryan will look like his old self. If Julio Jones goes down? Their D is super thin a rash of injuries would really hurt. Panthers will be back, Bucs will be better, I say Falcons not only blew the game, they'll be the Vikings, never back again.

So if there best player gets hurt, they are in trouble.  Outside of the pats, so are most teams.

A rash of injuries would hurt their defense.  Um, a rash of injuries would hurt any defense.

Elliot will run through them.  Um, how bout the cowboys figure out how to win a playoff game b4 u predict them trouncing the defending nfc champs.

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I lived in Boston in the late 90s. I lived in ******* Southie (back when it was still a tough neighborhood) and I walked around in a Chrebet Jersey, and nobody said anything...Because nobody cared. They loved the Sawx, they loved those Celtics, and they were die-hard Bruins fans, but NOBODY gave a crap about the Patriots. Nobody. Hell they were this close to being moved to Connecticut. 

I remember this very well. I lived just outside Hartford at the time and if it wasn't for the Pequod's laying claim to the proposed stadium site's land it very well may have happened. Pats fans were assholes then and are assholes now. I remember numerous trips to Foxboro when they were bad and it was filled with Jet fans time after time. I have lived all over the east coast and I have never seen less deserving fans than Pat fans. Bunch of douchebags.

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Falcons have nothing to be ashamed of.  Young, inexperienced teams dont know how to close out in the big game.  They will be back.

That loss had nothing to do with the players, as that was clearly bad coaching. For the Falcons to snap the ball with that much time on the play clock , was criminal.     No way the Patriots would have been able to come back if they milk the clock correctly.( don't leave 15 seconds on the play clock each snap with monster lead). 

14 hours ago, JiF said:

and not get blown out in the AFC Championship game by giving up 24 unanswered points?  Yes, I agree with you.

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Whats worse.. is now in states like NC , young kids are wearing Pats jerseys.  The way this country gravitates towards a winning team and has NO sense of loyalty is disturbing.

15 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Whats worse.. is now in states like NC , young kids are wearing Pats jerseys.  The way this country gravitates towards a winning team and has NO sense of loyalty is disturbing.

Agree 100% but to take it one step further the league(s)  are just as disloyal / guilty shoppping their teams to suitor cities for stadiums and tax breaks.

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Horsebleep. Unbelievably terrible in game coaching by the Falcons lost that game. Period. It was so basic. Between the head coach, OC and QB at least one probably ALL of them knew that they win the SB 99.9% of the time if they go into the 4 minute offense and snap the ball with at most 3 seconds left on the clock each snap. But they had to make a conscious decision that they were going to continue to "play their offense" and win big for that to even happen. Belicheat and deflator Brady took advantage of it, but inexperience or being young had nothing to do with it. It was 100% on the Falcons coaching staff,

13 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think you're missing the point. He wasn't asking if you would like to be in the Super Bowl (with a chance to win it), it's whether you'd want to get there knowing that you would collapse and blow the biggest lead of all time. I'd rather not make it than get that far and collapse. No one cares who won the AFC especially if you choke away the SB.

If the Jets made it that far and collapsed, it wouldn't be considered an accomplishment, it would be considered more proof that the Jets are losers. 

I'll pass. 

I didnt see him say that we knew the outcome before going into the game but either way, I'd still prefer winning the AFC as opposed to not.  I'd still prefer to see my team participate in the biggest game in all of sports as opposed to not.  This is a team who has won their division once in the last 20 years and we're going to turn our nose on being AFC Champs?  Please.  

17 hours ago, Jetster said:

Can you imagine the sh*tstorm in these forums had we lost a game like that? The funny part was leading up to the Super Bowl most of the chatter was about the coach that got away,lol. The same coach that only needed to bleed the play clock like 4 times to ensure the Pats didn't have enough time for a dramatic comeback.

We all know that Falcons fans are just pseudo Georgia Bulldog fans, so the disappointed probably lasted all of 1 week & life resumed to normal. If that type of loss ever happened to our NY Jets I honestly don't know if I could ever recover from it, I would probably have to just throw my hands up like Roberto Duran & say "No mas"

I laugh just imagining the comments of people on here after so much waiting & than the anticipation & excitement leading up to a Super Bowl, come out SMOKING like Atlanta did and lead 28-3 and eventually lose allowing the opposing to team to not just get 1 two pointer but 2 two point conversions on two consecutive scoring drives. There just aren't enough bridges in NY to accommodate the jumpers. Seriously, they would probably have 30,000 fans default on their season tickets the following season!

If we'd have to lose like Atlanta did then I'd prefer not to make it.

The Jets have to:

1- Have a winning season. (1-2 yrs)

2- Make the playoffs. (2-4 yrs)

3- Win the AFC Championship. (Eternity and Beyond)

I'd like to see it but I think I have a better chance of jumping in a lake and not getting wet. It's gonna be awhile. 

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Horsebleep. Unbelievably terrible in game coaching by the Falcons lost that game. Period. It was so basic. Between the head coach, OC and QB at least one probably ALL of them knew that they win the SB 99.9% of the time if they go into the 4 minute offense and snap the ball with at most 3 seconds left on the clock each snap. But they had to make a conscious decision that they were going to continue to "play their offense" and win big for that to even happen. Belicheat and deflator Brady took advantage of it, but inexperience or being young had nothing to do with it. It was 100% on the Falcons coaching staff,

Thank you!!!

That was some of the worst coaching I've ever seen at any level!!!

If that had been Rex, Herm or Bowles they would have received literal death threats from some of the folks who follow the Jets.  

The idea that the Falcons automatically make it back to the SB is totally laughable.  In today's NFL you are always one hit away from being the Cleveland Browns.  

What happened to the Falcons was worse.

I had thought the way Seattle lost was bad, but Atlanta took it to a whole 'nother level.

If I was a Falcon fan, I'd probably still occasionally throw up randomly as a result of witnessing that.

Take the saying, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

OK, fine, I can see that.

But what happend to Atlanta would be more like, "'Tis better to have loved and lost and been anally raped by a horse than never to have loved at all."

And that I don't agree with.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!!!

That was some of the worst coaching I've ever seen at any level!!!

If that had been Rex, Herm or Bowles they would have received literal death threats from some of the folks who follow the Jets.  

The idea that the Falcons automatically make it back to the SB is totally laughable.  In today's NFL you are always one hit away from being the Cleveland Browns.  

My son lives in Tennessee, myself in NH. Both of us Pats haters. When Julio caught that pass my son texted, ITS OVER, no way in hell their FG kicker misses from there. Then all hell broke lose. His last text to me which I still have, "why are they not using the entire clock & snapping the ball with 15 seconds on it?"

Belichick 101! Why does it seem so frustrating playing the Pats when your down in the 2nd half? Because Brady winds the clock down to a 1/2/3 seconds ON EVERY F*CKING DOWN! 28-3 with 13 minutes, if that bald f*ck followed BB protocol, or Parcels, or Coughlin, or EVEN REX! Rex would have slowed that game down to a god damn crawl up 28-3 with 13 minutes left. Same even with Herm.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

My son lives in Tennessee, myself in NH. Both of us Pats haters. When Julio caught that pass my son texted, ITS OVER, no way in hell their FG kicker misses from there. Then all hell broke lose. His last text to me which I still have, "why are they not using the entire clock & snapping the ball with 15 seconds on it?"

Belichick 101! Why does it seem so frustrating playing the Pats when your down in the 2nd half? Because Brady winds the clock down to a 1/2/3 seconds ON EVERY F*CKING DOWN! 28-3 with 13 minutes, if that bald f*ck followed BB protocol, or Parcels, or Coughlin, or EVEN REX! Rex would have slowed that game down to a god damn crawl up 28-3 with 13 minutes left. Same even with Herm.

I'm still sick about that game!!!

I can't even imagine being a real Falcon fan, just awful!!

I would rather the jets be in that Super Bowl and collapse like that than to be where we always are, that would mean the 2 week build up to the big game would be something I would basically almost do anything for. But mostly because of HOPE for the upcoming years ahead meaning we would have a good team. but NOW. I don't have HOPE....and that sucks

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, MaxAF said:

The Jets have to:

1- Have a winning season. (1-2 yrs)

2- Make the playoffs. (2-4 yrs)

3- Win the AFC Championship. (Eternity and Beyond)

I'd like to see it but I think I have a better chance of jumping in a lake and not getting wet. It's gonna be awhile. 

But that means raising the season ticket prices..NO

Archived