So Hernandez's murder conviciton was set aside...

Beerfish

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

because he killed himself and was in the middle of an appeal.  As if the justice system could get anymore unlikable.  :wacko:

Do you need him to be post-humously labeled a criminal according to the law and not just the court of public opinion? If it is true that this ensures his daughter some more cash from his former employer does it matter that he's innocent on a piece of paper? 

39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

because he killed himself and was in the middle of an appeal.  As if the justice system could get anymore unlikable.  :wacko:

I think the Judge in Massachusetts considered the possibility that Aaron meant well.

43 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Do you need him to be post-humously labeled a criminal according to the law and not just the court of public opinion? If it is true that this ensures his daughter some more cash from his former employer does it matter that he's innocent on a piece of paper? 

Yes it does.  And his daughter deserves nothing because her father was a killer who did these things by HIS choice.  I'm sure the family of the multiple murder victims deserve what the true victims usually get, a kick in the ass.

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Personally, I like the idea of Bob Kraft paying millions of dollars to a suicidal murderer's estate. Feels good. 

I tried to like this but couldn't...... but I had to let you know that I wanted to.... :) 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

It means his VICTIMS have a harder time getting his money in court.

I don't care about his daughter, she has no inherent right to the money of a murderer. 

So yes, it matters. It's another **** you to his victims and their families, that time by the fraud that is the "justice system".

Well from what I understand, I don't think it matters as much in a civil lawsuit, right?  I remember OJ getting sued even after the acquittal, because the burden of proof is much less in civil suits.   From what I heard, the estate is all but broke now, but if Hernandez receives money from the Patriots, wouldn't the victim be able to sue for that money?

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

look on the bright side.  the patsies could be on the hook to pay hernandez's family plus the victims huge bucks because of this.

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

lol, are you kidding me with this?

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't care about his daughter, she has no inherent right to the money of a murderer. 

So yes, it matters. It's another **** you to his victims and their families, that time by the fraud that is the "justice system".

Pretty sure he's broke. Also this wouldn't affect a civil suit. 

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Well in that case who cares right? Odin Lloyd is dead anyways. His family needs to get over it.

Could you? Its amazing how unaffected some people are but if it happens to them or their loved ones its a different story.

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Could you? Its amazing how unaffected some people are but if it happens to them or their loved ones its a different story.

note the sarcasm plz. The law itself is ridiculous, imo. I feel terrible for Lloyd's family here.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

This. He killed himself because of this loophole to screw the victims families.

I feel bad for the kid personally. Ain't her fault her old man is a killer. Just a damn shame. 

Does it mean that? Because civil suits are different than criminal cases and a jury in a civil suit is highly unlikely to find Hernandez innocent. Now there's also the fact that the Hernandez estate now has more funds for the victims family to recoup. 

Im sorry that you view the child as guilty of something but the money is owed to Hernandez and his estate which includes his daughter so as much as you seem to think it is her fault that her father is a murderer I guess she'll have something decent come her way. 

If you want justification for the law, the idea that the appeal is a part of the process and in America you have a right to the process before guilt. Everyone knows he did it, nothing changes except a girl and the victim's family can now access greater assets. 

It's not like he made his money murdering. He made it cheating. 

11 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Does it mean that? Because civil suits are different than criminal cases and a jury in a civil suit is highly unlikely to find Hernandez innocent. Now there's also the fact that the Hernandez estate now has more funds for the victims family to recoup. 

Im sorry that you view the child as guilty of something but the money is owed to Hernandez and his estate which includes his daughter so as much as you seem to think it is her fault that her father is a murderer I guess she'll have something decent come her way. 

If you want justification for the law, the idea that the appeal is a part of the process and in America you have a right to the process before guilt. Everyone knows he did it, nothing changes except a girl and the victim's family can now access greater assets. 

Different terminology in civil law.  There's no guilty or not guilty its liable or not liable and burden of proof by the plaintiff is 51% unlike reasonable doubt which is basically 95%

On 5/9/2017 at 1:59 PM, Beerfish said:

Doesn't this mean the Patriots have to pay his estate money now? Makes me like him more.

On 5/9/2017 at 2:35 PM, kdels62 said:

Sure his lawyer going to take most of it. 

Yes it does.  And his daughter deserves nothing because her father was a killer who did these things by HIS choice.  I'm sure the family of the multiple murder victims deserve what the true victims usually get, a kick in the ass.

So she deserves nothing that she had no control over? Makes sense...

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I don't agree with the law, but it's the law. Can't fault the judge.

i also don't see the issue.....when the pats pay, a lawsuit will be waiting and the victims will be paid, no?

That would make sense.

As soon as money is given to Hernandez's heirs, the victims family should and will go after it and get it in a civil court case.

Fair enough.

9 hours ago, goober36 said:

So she deserves nothing that she had no control over? Makes sense...

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Her father had total control over his actions and knowing that his actions would affect his child.  If hernandez played football and pulled down his pro football player cash then his child would be well provided for.  He chose to be a killer.  just like any criminal makes choices that can affect not only themselves.

Archived