Jump to content

Variable pricing , my asp


OH THE PAIN
 Share

Recommended Posts

As we begin to gear up for the 2017 season, opening at home for our first preseason game on August 12, we have three important announcements to share:

Variable Pricing – As announced in the 2017 season ticket renewal package we sent in March, variable pricing will continue for the upcoming season.  Variable pricing assigns different price categories to individual games within your season ticket package which better reflects the value of and expected demand for each game.  To view the full variable pricing breakdown, click here.

Do we look stupid ; the total price of the season ticket remains the same . DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So this variable pricing means something to people buying just a gem here or there? As in a game vs the pats would be more dollars than a game vs Cleveland?  Educate me.

variable_zpsvrvf4xud.jpg

A few years back there was controversy because the Jets were selling tickets below face value, trying to move seats that were not sold to season ticket holders.  It was reality but it was bad PR.  "The Jets are screwing their fans!" was the outcry, meanwhile the Jets asking price might have been below face but it was above Stubhub for these crappy games in a crappy Geno Smith season.

So the Jets decided to create different tiers of pricing so that 3 games against the elite teams are 16% higher and preseason games are 25% lower.  It's all semantics....10 games costs the same as it always has.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So this variable pricing means something to people buying just a gem here or there? As in a game vs the pats would be more dollars than a game vs Cleveland?  Educate me.

Should also help secondary market resales.

You won't get screwed as bad in the past selling your preseason tickets and you may just make a little bit more coin for the elite games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Should also help secondary market resales.

You won't get screwed as bad in the past selling your preseason tickets and you may just make a little bit more coin for the elite games.

I wish it were that way, but on the secondary market it's not how it works.

On Stubhub you can't even see the face value of the tickets until after you buy them.  The market sets its own price then you have to hope you have a good enough seat location and row to get more than everyone else.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

$130 per ticket to watch the Jaguars ---  LOL ... I would bet Metlife Mausoleum will be at least half empty that day. It is bad enough the PSL and ticket holders have to endure Josh McCown, but to watch the Jags and pay that much? Oh wait, when do we play the Jags? Unless it is week 2 or 3,  McCown will most likely be injured by then so maybe they can see Hack.

I remember when I used to go to Shea, tickets were $8 I think, with no extra charge for the swim in the flooded bathroom.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

$130 per ticket to watch the Jaguars ---  LOL ... I would bet Metlife Mausoleum will be at least half empty that day. It is bad enough the PSL and ticket holders have to endure Josh McCown, but to watch the Jags and pay that much? Oh wait, when do we play the Jags? Unless it is week 2 or 3,  McCown will most likely be injured by then so maybe they can see Hack.

I remember when I used to go to Shea, tickets were $8 I think, with no extra charge for the swim in the flooded bathroom.

Dude, the Jags are a premier game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People...people...people...  Don't you get it?  The nonsensical "variable pricing" is just a deception to make you think you are paying less for the worthless pre-season games.  It's a sham.  It all averages out the same.  Very clever of the Jets.  They are so good at finding ways to deceive.  You know... they might benefit from putting all that evil planning to good use.  Like improving the team.  What a manipulative organization we are stuck with.

Edit: plus, for those of us who donate the pre-season tickets to United Way, this B.S. "variable pricing" actually hurts the season ticket holder by reducing the amount of the tax deduction you get for the tickets, which per IRS regs is the purchase price.  Variable Pricing is not only a sham, designed to deceive us about the amount we paid for those two garbage  events, but also another needless little den in the wallet.  It is complete horse sht!

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

variable_zpsvrvf4xud.jpg

A few years back there was controversy because the Jets were selling tickets below face value, trying to move seats that were not sold to season ticket holders.  It was reality but it was bad PR.  "The Jets are screwing their fans!" was the outcry, meanwhile the Jets asking price might have been below face but it was above Stubhub for these crappy games in a crappy Geno Smith season.

So the Jets decided to create different tiers of pricing so that 3 games against the elite teams are 16% higher and preseason games are 25% lower.  It's all semantics....10 games costs the same as it always has.

SAR I

so the worst games on the sched are still  "premier games".  what a bargain!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The concept of season tickets will be gone in 10 years max.

They already are.

Yes, I need to buy a 10 game subscription to keep my location perpetually, however I am no longer bound to attend each game as StubHub allows me to sell games at fair market value.  It used to be very difficult, inconvenient, and unsafe to sell tickets at the last minute, now it could not be easier. 

The only thing a season-ticket provides is control.  And that is still very important and worth a premium. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Investment Gold :D

In 2010, 2011, and 2012  I was routinely able to collect 2x face value to marquee games and 1.25x face value to premier games.  History shows that when the Jets are good, basement-dwelling frontrunning fans like you will pay a premium to throw on that ill-fitting faded Toon jersey to see them play.  

When the Jets are good again, perhaps in 5 years, all those pre-teens who got hooked on the Rex Ryan Mark Sanchez Playoff Jets will be graduating college and entering the job market and they will want season tickets of their own. And when that happens, PSL owners like me who own first row non-club seats will be able to recoup all our PSL money if we choose to.  After inflation alone, the out of pocket value of my $4,000 will be around $2,000 so if I were interested in selling and collected, say, $3,000 for my PSL's I will have earned a $1,000 profit in 2022 dollars.

Investment Gold indeed. 

Think of it this way: when the Jets suck, anyone who buys a ticket is getting killed a lot more than the small vig the PSL cost.  But when the Jets are good again, everyone gets a fair value on their game day ticket experience but only PSL holders stand to gain a financial benefit from their investments.  And for most of us, right around retirement age too.  That comes in handy.

SAR I

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

They already are.

Yes, I need to buy a 10 game subscription to keep my location perpetually, however I am no longer bound to attend each game as StubHub allows me to sell games at fair market value.  It used to be very difficult, inconvenient, and unsafe to sell tickets at the last minute, now it could not be easier. 

The only thing a season-ticket provides is control.  And that is still very important and worth a premium. 

SAR I

Control of what?

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually got the monthly call from the Jets' marketing department today soliciting for ticket packages-a nice young lady with a difficult job.But again prior to this stadium, with every seat sold, the Jet did not have a marketing department, nor a sales force beyond a few interns sending invoices and depositing the checks, nor an ad budget. Nor any debt service on the crappiest stadium in North America.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Actually got the monthly call from the Jets' marketing department today soliciting for ticket packages-a nice young lady with a difficult job.But again prior to this stadium, with every seat sold, the Jet did not have a marketing department, nor a sales force beyond a few interns sending invoices and depositing the checks, nor an ad budget. Nor any debt service on the crappiest stadium in North America.   

PSL's destroyed the Jets home crowd and home field advantage. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, joewilly12 said:

PSL's destroyed the Jets home crowd and home field advantage. 

I know SAR is but moments from saying otherwise, but there is no question that has been the result. i understand the old setup, being a  tenant, was untenable. Even the Giants think the stadium physically compared to every other one that has opened recently sucks bad. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I know SAR is but moments from saying otherwise, but there is no question that has been the result. i understand the old setup, being a  tenant, was untenable. Even the Giants think the stadium physically compared to every other one that has opened recently sucks bad. 

Opinions are like assholes everybody has one there hasnt been a home crowd like the old stadium since PSL's took over and this is coming from a person (not me) who has been there every game since, rain or shine regardless of the time or who they are playing. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Opinions are like assholes everybody has one there hasnt been a home crowd like the old stadium since PSL's took over and this is coming from a person (not me) who has been there every game since, rain or shine regardless of the time or who they are playing. 

the home crowd in Giants stadium was good only when the team was competetive.  When it performed like this (i.e. under kotite) it was a ghost town full of other fans.  It has more to do with how well the team performs than anything else.

For someone who doesn't go to games any more, you sure like to stick your nose in these threads at every possible opportunity.  Why do you even care?  Your contribution to the Stadium experience is nil.  So you are just as much a part of the problem as anything else. Go to games and contribute to improving the game day experience.   In other words, put up or shut up.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

the home crowd in Giants stadium was good only when the team was competetive.  When it performed like this (i.e. under kotite) it was a ghost town full of other fans.  It has more to do with how well the team performs than anything else.

For someone who doesn't go to games any more, you sure like to stick your nose in these threads at every possible opportunity.  Why do you even care?  Your contribution to the Stadium experience is nil.  So you are just as much a part of the problem as anything else. Go to games and contribute to improving the game day experience.   In other words, put up or shut up.

WRONG 

Stadium was SOLD OUT waiting list for season tickets pre PSL's FACT 

Kotite era I was at every game all game until the clock read 00:00 

Monday Night miracle there. 

Marino spike there. 

Etc etc......

I do go to games and just because fake ass phony fans buy season tickets doesn't make them any better than the guy who sits at home. 

I had season tickets for 20+ years and never sold out or criticized those who chose to stay home and watch. 

isnt it great that fans pay PSL's and I can sit next to them with tickets from the NY Jets and not pay PSL's I think it sucks. 

I put up for 20+ and still put up at my convenience, how about you Mr #1 fan. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...