### Jets \ Dolphins Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Man the Jets should so be winning this game 28-0 just like last week, this team is not far from being good just gotta learn to win, and stop making those big mistakes that young teams make.  All this without a QB, and a bad HC.

Mccown is playing better then 20 other qbs in this league. You understand he has all 3 jets tds as well?

Just now, The Crusher said:

Uhhhh.... Mo who?

Good to see him hopefully getting healthier. I don't think there is anything he can do to keep his current contract. But I don't see him as the type to just dog it. It doesn't make sense for him financially.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The definition of cultural implosion is the green lighting of twelve movies featuring Liam Neeson talking sh*t on a cellphone to a European terrorist.

Still better than Gerard Butler fighting against a geostorm.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Good to see him hopefully getting healthier. I don't think there is anything he can do to keep his current contract. But I don't see him as the type to just dog it. It doesn't make sense for him financially.

Oh Wilkerson ..  thanks Boss.. you da man 

Just now, Maxman said:

I wonder if getting called out by a national analyst/former player in Baldinger got to him.  Either that or the Jets showed him  how much money he'd lose if they cut him.

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Why did the Jets take a timeout there? You run the risk of a fumble on the punt return? It's not like they are going to do much with less than 40 secs left. Bad call by Bowles.

It is risky. I like the thought of not even putting a returner back there. Old school, just go for the block.

Just now, AFJF said:

I wonder if getting called out by a national analyst/former player in Baldinger got to him.  Either that or the Jets showed him  how much money he'd lose if they cut him.

I am pretty sure he knows how his contact works. The dude is getting cut, the contract is terrible. But I don't think he is this terrible person that doesn't care or doesn't want to do well.

He got paid. He is playing terrible. He will get cut. But he has a financial interest in playing well, despite today and anything that happens it will be too little to late the rest of the year. Terrible contract.

5 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

So, does the tank crowd still want to lose to the fish?  Hell no!

Yes.  Going 6-10 with tiebreaker losses to draft competitors like the Dolphins, Browns, and Jaguars will set this franchise back another 5 years.  Too far down in the first round, our picks to trade up to get a franchise QB are worthless.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You understand I'm talking about big picture right?

I got your point but you are saying basically the jets qb position is weak. Through these 7 games it’s been one of the best played positions. Totally understand he won’t be here moving ahead though 

Just now, SAR I said:

Yes.  Going 6-10 with tiebreaker losses to draft competitors like the Dolphins, Browns, and Jaguars will set this franchise back another 5 years.

SAR I

The Jets will save a lot of money when they draft Sam Darnold with the 17th overall pick.

Just now, Maxman said:

It is risky. I like the thought of not even putting a returner back there. Old school, just go for the block.

Agreed. You wanna just go for the block thats fine but besides that the Jets take all the risk.

1. Kerley is not a game breaking punt returner

2. The field conditions are prime for mistakes to be made

3. The clock doesn't favor the Jets

4. The Jets are winning the game

Just go to halftime with the lead. 

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed. You wanna just go for the block thats fine but besides that the Jets take all the risk.

1. Kerley is not a game breaking punt returner

2. The field conditions are prime for mistakes to be made

3. The clock doesn't favor the Jets

4. The Jets are winning the game

Just go to halftime with the lead. 

Plus they waited like 7 seconds to call the time out. In that spot, especially with the field like you mentioned, I would have let the clock run out.

Just now, kevinc855 said:

I got your point but you are saying basically the jets qb position is weak. Through these 7 games it’s been one of the best played positions. Totally understand he won’t be here moving ahead though 

We can just agree to disagree, stats don't tell the whole story.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  Going 6-10 with tiebreaker losses to draft competitors like the Dolphins, Browns, and Jaguars will set this franchise back another 5 years.

SAR I

I have enjoyed how each week the tank crowd gives the jets more wins in their season finish. Used to be “going 0-16 broooo, can’t find a win in this schedule!!” To maybe one win to two wins being a fluke now we are up to 6 wins. Maybe the tank crowd should just admit they are wrong and misread the team

Archived