Bills bench Tyrod Taylor

Jet_Engine1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

So will Jet fans on here stop praising the Bills and the genius of starting Peterman for a half? 

Me personally I'm not praising anyone the only thing the Bills did correct was get a look at QB on the roster and can now make a decision on whether or not he's back next season. 

Hack hasn't had a chance to play so I won't sink that low and say he'd throw five picks. He could be a surprise you never know playing in a regular season game is a lot different than practice. Sometimes guys are terrible in practice but when the adrenaline starts flowing they are up to it. So without a real chance to play I won't prejudge Hack but it does say a lot that the org hasn't let him play a snap in two years. But when we're eliminated I'd like to see both him and Petty on the field. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Even the announcers were saying, while there’s really no good time to make a switch from a healthy starter to a raw rookie, there definitely are worse times. 

It’s likely they saw something in him in practice, but the timing sure isn’t looking too smart in hindsight lol.

The team obviously didn’t care for the move.  They didn’t bother to show up.  Of course, they haven’t shown up the past three weeks.

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Me personally I'm not praising anyone the only thing the Bills did correct was get a look at QB on the roster and can now make a decision on whether or not he's back next season. 

You think Peterman's performance today means he won't be on their roster next season?

Today's debacle for Bills means absent nuclear war Todd Bowles is NEVER putting in Petty or Hack.
The Bills coach lost the team and the locker all in one move....
Unbelievable 

Explain how the coach lost the team and locker room anymore than he had the last two weeks? The Bills accomplished what they needed to. They found out whether Peterman was ready to play and if he would give the offense and team the spark they needed to get into the playoffs. The answer to both of those questions was a resounding no but at least they know for sure. They can now play Tyrod until they are mathematically eliminated and then decide whether they want to go back to Peterman and give him another chance and experience for next year or not.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Explain how the coach lost the team and locker room anymore than he had the last two weeks? The Bills accomplished what they needed to. They found out whether Peterman was ready to play and if he would give the offense and team the spark they needed to get into the playoffs. The answer to both of those questions was a resounding no but at least they know for sure. They can now play Tyrod until they are mathematically eliminated and then decide whether they want to go back to Peterman and give him another chance and experience for next year or not.

What? What was the point? They couldve just waited till they were eliminated.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

remember when 96 hours ago people droned on for 10 pages about how envious they were of the Bills forward-thinking, genius staff?

Yes, precisely because they figured this move would cause the Bills to lose immediately and decisively. What other fresh owns you got?

What was the point? They could have waited till they were eliminated. The flip flop does nothing for them and if anything it's detrimental. 

The point was that Taylor wasn't playing well enough for the team to win games. They tried to see if Peterman could do that. Answer - he couldn't. Now they need to decide whether they stick with him (doubtful) or wait until eliminated to revisit the question.

Better than waiting to see how Peterman plays against 3rd stringers in the 3rd PS game to see if he could play.

17 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

What was the point? They could have waited till they were eliminated. The flip flop does nothing for them and if anything it's detrimental. 

No point it didn't work out for them maybe there are behind the scenes issues with Taylor and the HC who knows. 

8 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The point was that Taylor wasn't playing well enough for the team to win games. They tried to see if Peterman could do that. Answer - he couldn't. Now they need to decide whether they stick with him (doubtful) or wait until eliminated to revisit the question.

Better than waiting to see how Peterman plays against 3rd stringers in the 3rd PS game to see if he could play.

Shouldnt have they waited till the 3rd preseason game or when they were eliminated. What did starting Peterman accomplish today? 

Shouldnt those coaches sense Peterman would be more ready that he was today? And how does flip flopping the QBs beneficial for the bills?

21 minutes ago, Pac said:

remember when 96 hours ago people droned on for 10 pages about how envious they were of the Bills forward-thinking, genius staff?

They are a forward thinking genius staff. In 1 half of football they discovered that they still do not have a QB of the future and will sign or draft one. Bowles still doesn't have one and wouldn't know what to do with one if he did. And Macchole is so astute he thought Hackenberg was a starter in this league....who knows he probably still does. After all he has so much potential. Shmendrik.

40 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The HC didn't say he was looking for a "spark" as you misleadingly imply here, he implied that Peterman gave the Bills the best chance to win.....

But please don't take my word for it, just read what Bills fans are saying...

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/forum/1-the-stadium-wall/

For those unwilling to look up the link this post was typical....

"....... I just don't see how McDermott doesn't lose the locker room, he looks really really stupid."

If you don't think that this game wasn't a disgrace for the Bills I don't know what to tell you; and I am someone who has said PETTY should be starting since the beginning of the season.

15 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I'm surprised at how many people don't understand this.

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

They are a forward thinking genius staff. In 1 half of football they discovered that they still do not have a QB of the future and will sign or draft one. Bowles still doesn't have one and wouldn't know what to do with one if he did. And Macchole is so astute he thought Hackenberg was a starter in this league....who knows he probably still does. After all he has so much potential. Shmendrik.

Forward thinking staff? So forward thinking they put in a QB who was no where near ready and couldn't tell unless they saw him throw 5 picks in 30 minutes. So forward thinking they felt it was beneficial for the team to flip flop QBs. 

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Today's debacle for Bills means absent nuclear war Todd Bowles is NEVER putting in Petty or Hack.

The Bills coach lost the team and the locker all in one move....

Unbelievable 

he wasn't going to put in either (if at all) until the team is properly demoralized anyway, so really what's the difference??

after his apparent badge of honor reluctance to play either kid, is there any upside for him if one does play well??

i say no & i don't think that's lost on him.. zero sum game.. 

14 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

In 1 half of football they discovered that they still do not have a QB of the future and will sign or draft one.

Bowels and Macc seem to have done that very thing without having embarrassed themselves by playing a worse QB and losing the confidence of their locker room.

12 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Forward thinking staff? So forward thinking they put in a QB who was no where near ready and couldn't tell unless they saw him throw 5 picks in 30 minutes. So forward thinking they felt it was beneficial for the team to flip flop QBs. 

It was an asinine decision.  The same as if Bowles were to play Petty at this juncture. 

You wait until all hope is lost before playing someone who is worse than your starter.

Archived