### Jets \ Broncos Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Charlie Brown said:

McCown's press conference is making me sad!!!

You can see he is not dogging it; I wish they all had his heart!!!

As much as I think it was a mistake to play him, he's got heart and I feel for him. He doesn't know if that's the last time he plays an NFL game. 

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

As much as I think it was a mistake to play him, he's got heart and I feel for him. He doesn't know if that's the last time he plays an NFL game. 

Nah he’ll be back next year - he deserves to come back as the starter if we draft a Mayfield or equivalent. Then sleep de Mayfield in after 3-4 games like Rams did with Goff. 

21 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If McCown is out for the year Hack will probably get a chance to play. Unless Petty is lights out and wins the job by great play for next season. But if he plays like he did today you have nothing to lose by giving Hack some playing time. 

What are you joking? Bowles has proven that he will replace the starting QB only for injury. No matter how horrible he is. The only saving grace is that petty is an egg shell and will probably only last a game as it is

The Jets management's evaluation of Petty is that he isn't an NFL starter. And possibly their evaluation of Hack is that he can't play in the NFL. Which is kind of unfair to Hack since he hasn't  played a snap. Sometimes a player isn't that good in practice or exhibition games but when it really counts they can mentally turn it on. So I hope he gets some playing time. Like a second half if Petty plays poorly or is injured. Bowles was pretty clear that Petty will start. He said it without blinking which makes you think that he doesn't think that much of Hack.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Petty looks real good. Low, way off, then to nobody 

The o line is horrible, remember that.  You use it for McCown the entire game.  Petty doesn’t have 16 year under his belt.  He doesn’t get any reps. He is going to have to play to improve. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

The Jets management's evaluation of Petty is that he isn't an NFL starter. And possibly their evaluation of Hack is that he can't play in the NFL. Which is kind of unfair to Hack since he hasn't  played a snap. Sometimes a player isn't that good in practice or exhibition games but when it really counts they can mentally turn it on. So I hope he gets some playing time. Like a second half if Petty plays poorly or is injured. Bowles was pretty clear that Petty will start. He said it without blinking which makes you think that he doesn't think that much of Hack.

#BigMacc

Archived