POLL: What do you want? Fire Bowles or nah!

Jetsbb

Bowles status  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Bowles status

• Fire Bowles
    • Keep Bowles

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I wouldn't mind if Bowles was fired, but I also wouldn't mind if he was given one more year. Changing coaches every few years is a recipe to become the Cleveland Browns. As much as Bowles infuriates me at times, there are also moments when I feel like he has some substance. 

If we fire Bowles, who is taking over the team? Is there a stud HC waiting in the wings? If not, you stay with Bowles.

LEAVE please LEAVE Bowles and leave behind the shrimp recepies. 

8 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I don’t feel like having this argument again, but if you think Maccagnan is drafting safeties and ILBs on his own, I can see if I can get you a good deal on MetLife stadium?

Even if Bowles is encouraging Macc to draft nothing but mediocre defensive players shame on Macc

If I make a mistake at my job I can’t blame some other guy for giving me crappy advice

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Even if Bowles is encouraging Macc to draft nothing but mediocre defensive players shame on Macc

If I make a mistake at my job I can’t blame some other guy for giving me crappy advice

Yeah, xcept I believe his job is to stock the pantry with groceries that the HC asks for. But then again, I don’t have an agenda, so what do I know.....

Bowles must go. Not because the team is losing-he has limitations on the roster but because he is the worst in game manager I have seen since the Jets were formed (that includes Kotite). He seems to be a nice guy and had a good rep as DC but not a HC.

On December 18, 2017 at 7:13 PM, NoBowles said:

Belicheck drafted Garapolo when he already had Tom Brady. Bowles won't draft Watson when he has McCown..... Its not an accident that Belicheck is who he is, and Bowles is who he is.

Bowles = retarded statue

Bellichick = cheating scumb*g 

On 12/18/2017 at 9:07 AM, FidelioJet said:

He coached a team to 10 wins - which in most years is a playoff team.  Of course he can coach a team to the playoffs.  

He needs a QB -

Against a soft schedule with a team that fell apart when the pressure was on. Pressure is on when results are expected. The Jets will have to face that pressure. How the team reacts to it is a reflection of the Coach. If they can't cut it you replace them,not keep sending the same guys out there time and time again and expect different results. Bowles does this. He hasn't Coached a team to the playoffs and when faced with the prospect of getting to the next level Bowles and the team ultimately failed. He is not the guy to get you there as he has already proved. Bowles is borderline Coordinator material. He is not a HC at this point and may never be. He has had enough time. Its time for Todd Bowles to go. No way he should be allowed to go forward as coach of this team. Especially with the prospect of drafting a young QB that will need to be developed by a guy who has made so many mistakes.

On 12/18/2017 at 10:49 PM, Charlie Brown said:

Why are you saying that Bowles is responsible for drafting anyone, when there is no proof whatsoever that he is responsible for drafts?

That is Macagnans role and if he is listening to Bowles and not drafting say a Watson then he should be fired immediately.    

Naivete at its finest. We all saw that Woody Johnson gave Rex his way with 1st round picks. That's why Moron Sanchez was the only 1st round offensive pick in all of Rex's years here. (Rex was in love with him after that California highschool field Sanchez workout). Woody himself said on a radio interview that the draft decisions are by committee. Last year, you saw Woody hovering over Bowles and Mack before the Adams pick.  At a minimum, round 1 is NOT under the exclusive jurisdiction of Mac. Mac and Bowles tell Woody their choices and unfoubtedly, they yield to what the HC wants, at least in round 1. It has gone on this way for over a decade. It's how Woody wants things run. It sucks and demonstrates just how bad the organizational structure is under Woody's charge. The Jets are one of the worst run pro sports team on the planet.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Observation: Fairly remarkable that Maccagnan/Bowles are off to the worst start of a #Jets GM/HC combo over 3 years since the Kotite Era and there is minimal public pressure to fire Bowles and zero public pressure to fire Maccagnan

I think it's because we've "turned the corner" with young superstars like Josh McCown and Matt Forte.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Naivete at its finest. We all saw that Woody Johnson gave Rex his way with 1st round picks. That's why Moron Sanchez was the only 1st round offensive pick in all of Rex's years here. (Rex was in love with him after that California highschool field Sanchez workout). Woody himself said on a radio interview that the draft decisions are by committee. Last year, you saw Woody hovering over Bowles and Mack before the Adams pick.  At a minimum, round 1 is NOT under the exclusive jurisdiction of Mac. Mac and Bowles tell Woody their choices and unfoubtedly, they yield to what the HC wants, at least in round 1. It has gone on this way for over a decade. It's how Woody wants things run. It sucks and demonstrates just how bad the organizational structure is under Woody's charge. The Jets are one of the worst run pro sports team on the planet.

Your post has nothing to do with what I stated and is a mere deflection on a topic around which I never stated an opinion. 

Of course Bowles has an opinion as to who should be drafted but that NEVER was at issue!!

What was at issue was the outlandish an unsupportable speculation that you and others float that Bowles a) either was running the drafts or b.. was vetoing Macagnan's draft picks, neither of which propositions are supported by the facts.....

IMO if Mack is listening to Bowles and not drafting QBs for instance, then he should be fired IMMEDIATELY for listening to totally asinine advice!

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Your post has nothing to do with what I stated and is a mere deflection on a topic around which I never stated an opinion. 

Of course Bowles has an opinion as to who should be drafted but that NEVER was at issue!!

What was at issue was the outlandish an unsupportable speculation that you and others float that Bowles a) either was running the drafts or b.. was vetoing Macagnan's draft picks, neither of which propositions are supported by the facts.....

IMO if Mack is listening to Bowles and not drafting QBs for instance, then he should be fired IMMEDIATELY for listening to totally asinine advice!

In short:  Woody defers to the HC, not the GM, for 1st round picks.

Explanation: Look at the last 10 years and it's as plain as day. It's not that Mac yields to Bowles. It's because neither of them has priority, certainly not the GM. I have no doubt that the HC has dictated 1st Rd picks for the last decade. And not because the GM wants it thst way, but because they both report to Woody. Who ultimately yields to the HC. Certainly did when Rex was there and it sure as sh!t appeared that way this year with Woody, hovering like a classic helicopter mother, around them before the pick.  Freaking Woody shouldn' even be in the room. I never said, nor has anyone else here to my knowledge, that "Bowles ran the drafts" as you claim above. Now your just fabricating to further whatever point you are trying to defend. Nor did I say that "Bowles vetoed Mac's picks". Another outright fabrication. They draft  in the 1st and probably other early rounds "by committee". And that's right out of Woody' mouth. Trsnlstion:  if Bowles and Mac don't agree, it goes to Woody for final adjudication. And Woody always gives the HC whatever 1st rounder he wants. At least that's how it seems to go down every freaking year.  

In the end, Bowles is an atrocious head coach, just horrible on game day, has little control over the locker room and like Rex, runs the place like a kindergarten. Bowles is not NFL HC material. His hire was a massive mistake by Woody and the smart move now would be to remove him. Let the GM select his own guy for Christ sake. The way the Jets do this makes no sense and is a guaranteed recipe for failure, regime after regime,as we all have seen.  Bowles just flat out sucks.

Bowles would be the best most inspirational tough love high school coach in the country.  He enjoys cultivating character in young soldiers. Always has their back and is old school tough. 

But he’s just not a winning NFL coach- he doesn’t have the instincts or strategy for it- he’s a bright guy but not in the game of football.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

In the end, Bowles is an atrocious head coach, just horrible on game day, has little control over the locker room and like Rex, runs the place like a kindergarten. Bowles is not NFL HC material. His hire was a massive mistake by Woody and the smart move now would be to remove him. Let the GM select his own guy for Christ sake. The way the Jets do this makes no sense and is a guaranteed recipe for failure, regime after regime,as we all have seen.  Bowles just flat out sucks.

Letting Macc pick the next coach would be an even bigger mistake than hiring Bowles in the first place

On 12/18/2017 at 8:27 AM, T0mShane said:

You’re not winning dick with him, but firing him accomplished nothing unless you’re installing a team president to oversee the GM and coach. Which is to say, the Jets will fire Bowles next year and nothing will really change.

If Johnson had any common sense he’d first fire the whole coaching staff, allow Mac to hire his own coach and staff and insist Mac get a future QB for this franchise in the coming draft. Give Mac 2 years, tops, to get in the playoffs, or else. 

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I would say Fire Bowles but, I think there is something to be said for some level of stability.  Give the guy one to two more years and at that point, let him go if it's still ugly.  

So 5 years more of instability and clueless decision making. NO WAY IN HELL.....Don't sign me up....This clown  needs to go next Monday. 

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I would say Fire Bowles but, I think there is something to be said for some level of stability.  Give the guy one to two more years and at that point, let him go if it's still ugly.  

IMO, before firing Bowles find a legit starting QB! It worked wonders for Kyle Shanahan.

17 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I felt the same way for the past two years. but this year he's lost me. I see through the smoke screen of guys competing hard and keeping games close. He's coaching in self preservation mode and that flat out sucks. 

Archived