POLL: What do you want? Fire Bowles or nah!

Jetsbb

Bowles status  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Bowles status

• Fire Bowles
    • Keep Bowles

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question:

What do I make out of the Jets getting above average QB play more often than not from 2015-2017, under two OCs? Best I’ve got is this reflects well on Bowles, the Jets don’t get competence at QB so often. 

I don’t think I fire him yet. I’m not for or against Bowles, just believe the whole finding a younger QB or two thing is more important this offseason. If a really obvious name pops up among coaches, sure, but that’s probably not happening.

I'm not WATCHING until Bowles is gone and the NFL is on boycott as far as I'm concerned while it's all rigged up for the cheaters. 

So most likely my NFL watching days are long gone. As a test run season, I have not missed SHlT this year so I feel fully confident I will no longer watch. Still Bowles must go. But he wont because Jets have hands down worst ownership in all of sports and no clue what they are doing. And 100% confirmation about message board drafting better than Jets. Every. Single. Year. 

you can't have it both ways.  you can't call for bowles' firing and then declare that a qb is all this team needs to succeed.  it doesn't work that way. more often than not a team needs both.

i am not bowles hater.  what i do want to see is for him to be fairly judged on this season.  if the team plays good football for the whole game then he should stay.  that they essentially threw away 3 games is troubling but at the same time that has to be judged by other factors beyond what the head coach is supposed to do.  the more troubling things are when the team comes out unprepared like last week.  yesterday was a nice recovery even though petty proved to be pretty bad at qb.

we'll see what happens in the final two games.  the patsie game is going to be important and stealing a win in week 17 is going going to be quite a feat.

2 minutes ago, paulyjet said:

Dude blaming backup nowner?

Lol

Since Maccagnon has no power over Bowles it was Chris Johnsons responsibility to look out for the team. Bowles is trying to save his job he doesn't care about the future of the team.

I’m not a Bowles fan, but my vote is either get rid of both Bowles and Maccagnan or let them both stay a year or two. Of the choices, I’d rather them both go. I don’t want them doing things to keep their jobs that could have negative long term consequences.

Bowles needs to fire Kacy Rodgers or be fired,  I do like what Bowles is trying to do with the culture, team first is good but poor game management, a thing for old QB's and a buddy who ruined the defense does not help his case

hack needs to be traded or cut - would be surprised if they can get anything in trade for hack with a deep QB class, he is just not worth a roster spot at this point, time to move on

I wouldn't mind if Bowles was fired, but I also wouldn't mind if he was given one more year. Changing coaches every few years is a recipe to become the Cleveland Browns. As much as Bowles infuriates me at times, there are also moments when I feel like he has some substance. 

If we fire Bowles, who is taking over the team? Is there a stud HC waiting in the wings? If not, you stay with Bowles.

7 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Who are we replacing him with? If the answer is “anybody” then I’ll stick with continuity. If it’s Gruden then count me in. 

I agree. He hasn’t been so bad that I would just fire him, it would depend on who his replacement is.

Yes the roster is suspect. Yes the team is not that good. In a case like this I look at fundamentals. Is the team focused? Are they learning from their mistakes? Are they developing and functioning as a unit?

Losing games in the 4th qtr when they are in the game is a loss of focus. They hang in there then blow it. Be it either a loss of focus or not adjusting to what the other teams are doing that is on the coach.

Making the same penalties over and over again is all about coaching as well. Plus Bowles doesn't work the ref's or make in game adjustments. He looks to have done it a little yesterday but on the whole this is a major problem.

This one step forward, two steps back thing is also on the coach. Consistency is the name of the game in todays NFL. The Jets are not consistent and have not been all season. These are all things that should be addressed on the practice field, not on the playing field.

Whether its stubbornness or lack of ability Bowles never alters his game plan in game. He will maddeningly stick with it until the team is at the point of no return. He is still learning on the job? After all those years as a DC and now as a HC? Come on. The guy either learns at a snails pace or can't or won't do it. That needs to change. I don't think it will. So Bowles maybe the HC the players want but you don't have to love your Boss to be successful. Most have a love/hate relationship. In some cases you love to hate him. The bottom line is you perform for the guy not love him. Results are what matter and I have not seen enough to think Bowles is the guy going forward.

All you have to ask is 1 question. Is Bowles the guy that can coach a team to the playoffs? The answer is no. 

Bowles still has the same issues he has had since he got here. There is nothing wrong with admitting that Bowles is not the guy. The only problem is not recognizing it and staying with him just because. 

It's time to move on.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

All you have to ask is 1 question. Is Bowles the guy that can coach a team to the playoffs? The answer is no. 

Bowles still has the same issues he has had since he got here. There is nothing wrong with admitting that Bowles is not the guy. The only problem is not recognizing it and staying with him just because. 

It's time to move on.

He coached a team to 10 wins - which in most years is a playoff team.  Of course he can coach a team to the playoffs.  

He needs a QB -

1 minute ago, Stark said:

It's time to move on.

He can if the team gets better players as time goes on. He almost did with Fitzpatrick as his QB. I could care less if they move on from him but this team has major holes to fill. That's not a coaching problem, that's just the Jets not being there yet. 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

He coached a team to 10 wins - which in most years is a playoff team.  Of course he can coach a team to the playoffs.  

He needs a QB -

lol, ok but we didn't. Why didn't we win the last week to get to the playoffs???? did you forget Bowles "intelligent" decision to play Stevan Ridley. 

All coaches need a QB. Bowles is going to keep this team at just mediocre. The same issues are present since he arrived. His "issues" are still the same. If your coach doesn't show growth how can you expect the team/players to improve?

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

He can if the team gets better players as time goes on. He almost did with Fitzpatrick as his QB. I could care less if they move on from him but this team has major holes to fill. That's not a coaching problem, that's just the Jets not being there yet. 

Statement can be used for almost every team in the league. The coach has plenty of issues, using the lack of players/holes to fill argument is fine, and I get that we do need to do some work on the roster. I just don't have faith that Bowles is ever going to be anything other than a 7-9, 8-8 coach. and so far he's not even that.

8 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Who are we replacing him with? If the answer is “anybody” then I’ll stick with continuity. If it’s Gruden then count me in. 

It WON'T be Gruden, but I would be ok with a guy with experience like Ken Whisenhunt or Todd Haley. 

Archived