College National Championship game....

Beerfish

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when Steve Spurries was asked, what is harder?  Winning the SEC or a National Championship?  And he responded, I don't know. Go ask Nick Saban.

I hate to say it but I think that's how it goes down again.  I'd really like to see the Dawgs pull this off @Lith but I think Bama takes the win.  I hope I'm wrong tough. Those dawg fans are die hards and even though they're my Gators bitter rival, I'd like to see the Dawgs pull this off but will feel zero pain one way or the other. 

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sorry Lith I am going with Bama.  They have to stack the box and limit the beastly Georiga RBs and make Fromm beat them.  I don't like Hurts as a QB but his legs make a lot of plays.

I'll be pulling for the Dawgs but think Bama will win.

I think that Fromm has a better chance to beat you than Hurts does. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Sorry Lith I am going with Bama.  They have to stack the box and limit the beastly Georiga RBs and make Fromm beat them.  I don't like Hurts as a QB but his legs make a lot of plays.

I'll be pulling for the Dawgs but think Bama will win.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Remember when Steve Spurries was asked, what is harder?  Winning the SEC or a National Championship?  And he responded, I don't know. Go ask Nick Saban.

I hate to say it but I think that's how it goes down again.  I'd really like to see the Dawgs pull this off @Lith but I think Bama takes the win.  I hope I'm wrong tough. Those dawg fans are die hards and even though they're my Gators bitter rival, I'd like to see the Dawgs pull this off but will feel zero pain one way or the other. 

No worries, guys.  Bama is the favorite for a reason.  I am hoping we get the Bama that lost to Auburn and not the ones that dominated Clemson.

I am not too worried about Hurts - we have handled mobile QBs pretty well this season, but I am concerned about the both sides of the line of scrimmage.  Their OL handled a great Clemson defensive front last week and I am worried our OL against their defensive front 7. No way we put up 300 on the ground against them like we did last week against OU.  I think Fromm will have to make some plays downfield early against Bama to open things up for Michel/Chubb & Co, but he won't be able to do that if we can't protect him.  Our CBs did a great job locking down the OU WRs in the second half last week - will need more of the same this week, which will be tough especially against Ridley.  Fortunately, he does not have Mayfield throwing him the ball.

In typical Met/Jet/Dawg fan fashion, I will be hoping for the best, but not expecting it.  Felt the same way against Auburn last month and OU last week, especially at halftime.

I have been waiting for this game for more than 25 years, since I first set foot on campus in Athens.  Go Dawgs!!!

I have read all of the 11-0 stuff for Saban against former assistants, but I am hoping Kirby Smart has some sort of advantage because of his knowledge of the Bama defense.  10+ years working for Saban.  Kirby recruited and coached a lot of these kids he is going up against.  Hoping that counts for something tonight.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

No worries, guys.  Bama is the favorite for a reason.  I am hoping we get the Bama that lost to Auburn and not the ones that dominated Clemson.

I am not too worried about Hurts - we have handled mobile QBs pretty well this season, but I am concerned about the both sides of the line of scrimmage.  Their OL handled a great Clemson defensive front last week and I am worried our OL against their defensive front 7. No way we put up 300 on the ground against them like we did last week against OU.  I think Fromm will have to make some plays downfield early against Bama to open things up for Michel/Chubb & Co.  Our CBs did a great job locking down the OU WRs in the second half last week - will need more of the same this week, which will be tough especially against Ridley.  Fortunately, he does not have Mayfield throwing him the ball.

In typical Met/Jet/Dawg fan fashion, I will be hoping for the best, but not expecting it.  Felt the same way against Auburn last month and OU last week, especially at halftime.

I have been waiting for this game for more than 25 years, since I first set foot on campus in Athens.  Go Dawgs!!!

Win or lose, enjoy it!  You cant take these seasons for granted and this has been an incredible one for you guys.  I don't think the Dawgs are going anywhere too.  I'm just hoping Mullen plays a part in not making it a one team race each season in the SECE. :-) 

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have read all of the 11-0 stuff for Saban against former assistants, but I am hoping Kirby Smart has some sort of advantage because of his knowledge of the Bama defense.  10+ years working for Saban.  Kirby recruited and coached a lot of these kids he is going up against.  Hoping that counts for something tonight.

This is true...and a good point.  Kirby probably knows more than anyone about these kids.  I hope its enough! 

Cant stand Bama. 

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

Win or lose, enjoy it!  You cant take these seasons for granted and this has been an incredible one for you guys.  I don't think the Dawgs are going anywhere too.  I'm just hoping Mullen plays a part in not making it a one team race each season in the SECE. :-)

Thanks.  No matter what happens tonight, this season has been a blast.  Going to Pasadena last week with my son, seeing my team play in the Rose Bowl, and to cap it off with a dramatic comeback and a double OT win.  Nothing that happens tonight can take that away from me.

But winning would be better.

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not too worried about Hurts - we have handled mobile QBs pretty well this season, but I am concerned about the both sides of the line of scrimmage.  Their OL handled a great Clemson defensive front last week and I am worried our OL against their defensive front 7. No way we put up 300 on the ground against them like we did last week against OU.  I think Fromm will have to make some plays downfield early against Bama to open things up for Michel/Chubb & Co.  Our CBs did a great job locking down the OU WRs in the second half last week - will need more of the same this week, which will be tough especially against Ridley.  Fortunately, he does not have Mayfield throwing him the ball.

Me and my  French bulldog puppy Little D are rooting for the Dawgs...

F6528E25-B246-49D7-955A-064035659B24.jpeg

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Me and my  French bulldog puppy Little D are rooting for the Dawgs...

F6528E25-B246-49D7-955A-064035659B24.jpeg

Dude!  I just met like a 10 week old French Bull Dog puppy and it legit might have been the cutest damn dog I've ever met in my life. 

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks.  No matter what happens tonight, this season has been a blast.  Going to Pasadena last week, seeing my team play in the Rose Bowl, and to cap it off with a dramatic comeback and a double OT win.  Nothing that happens tonight can take that away from me.

But winning would be better.

DILLY DILLY!!!!

may your dawgs hump sabans leg and send him home with a stain and a loss!!!

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dude!  I just met like a 10 week old French Bull Dog puppy and it legit might have been the cutest damn dog I've ever met in my life. 

D is about 12 weeks now. Sweet as can be. Gotten Big. About 15 pounds now. He was like 5-6 pounds when I got Him at 8 weeks. This is the day I got him from the breeder.

7970A033-486C-47C5-881C-AFD85A008FC1.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

I hate Nick Saban. 

I wish he would coach the NY Jets. 

I am on the record preferring an offensive-minded HC for a young QB.  However, I would overlook that for Saban.  His meticulous preparation for every scenario is just too good to pass up. 

If he has another go at the NFL, I expect he will be successful.

Brian Daboll is the Alabama OC. I did not know that, former Jets QB coach during ‘07-‘08. He gameplanned and called only one INT this year.

I think Georgia pulls off the upset. I like their offense better.

Holy sh*t Trump is there looks happy to be there 

Wow, what a run. Great job staying in along the sideline. Sony gotta be the man tonight. His speed & elusiveness make him a better matchup tonight.  Doesn't look like we are going to have much success between the tackles

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Wow, what a run. Great job staying in along the sideline. Sony gotta be the man tonight. His speed & elusiveness make him a better matchup tonight.  Doesn't look like we are going to have much success between the tackles

They need to get better protection on Fromm and let the guy throw. He can throw the ball. That first pick wasn’t on him.

Archived