Congrats to Jamal Adams.

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What did Jamal Adams lead all rookie safeties in besides draft position?

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What did Jamal Adams lead all rookie safeties in besides draft position?

Remember Erik McMillian? Lead league in INTs as a rookie and made the Pro Bowl, turns out he kind of sucked at every other aspect of being a safety and faded out of the league in a couple of years. 

Jamal Adams is a really good player already. Whether he evolves into a pro bow caliber safety, or not, will not be dependent solely on INTs.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Remember Erik McMillian? Lead league in INTs as a rookie and made the Pro Bowl, turns out he kind of sucked at every other aspect of being a safety and faded out of the league in a couple of years? 

Jamal Adams is a really good player already. Whether he evolves into a pro bowl caliber safety, or not, will not be dependent solely on INTs.

But he doesn't score points or sack the QB. So....no. He's not good. Ever. Poor choice. 

Adams did a good job as a box safety/linebacker in year one.  Adams will probably be a decent player as a box safety/linebacker for a number of years.

Run stopping Box saftety/linebackers that do not create turnovers are super low priory in overall building of a team. 

I'll continue to complain about taking a box safety being taken 6th overall  when the team is devoid of a great many higher priority positions.

Congrats to Adams non the less.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Adams did a good job as a box safety/linebacker in year one.  Adams will probably be a decent player as a box safety/linebacker for a number of year.

Run stopping Box saftety/linebackers that do not create turnovers are super low priory in overall building of a team. 

I'll continue to complain about taking a box safety being taken 6th overall  when the team is devoid of a great many higher priority positions.

This is the proper, acceptable way to respond.

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Remember Erik McMillian? Lead league in INTs as a rookie and made the Pro Bowl, turns out he kind of sucked at every other aspect of being a safety and faded out of the league in a couple of years. 

Jamal Adams is a really good player already. Whether he evolves into a pro bow caliber safety, or not, will not be dependent solely on INTs.

This is a brilliant argument.

Because I can think of a guy who made a lot of INTs and then didn't turn out to be good, INTs are no longer important.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Adams did a good job as a box safety/linebacker in year one.  Adams will probably be a decent player as a box safety/linebacker for a number of year.

Eh. If we ever get a pass rush with actual pass rushers, him and maye will get more opportunities. But if we're not playing with a lead and only hope Leo creates a rush, then yeah, he'll be a fine box safety. 

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mark Barron 2.0

Mike Maccagan's first round draft picks are all based on risk. "Will this guy get me fired? No? Great, let's draft him" is the wrong philosophy when drafting in the first round. You don't just stumbledick your way into Jared Goff/Carson Wentz.

But even when it does happen with a guy like Deshaun Watson falling into your lap, our GM is busy looking at risk-profiles, and sees that Jamal Adams is unlikely to bust versus a QB, and pulls the trigger on him because he's softer than alize with a chaser.

12 minutes ago, gEYno said:

This is a brilliant argument.

Because I can think of a guy who made a lot of INTs and then didn't turn out to be good, INTs are no longer important.

Shall I explain to you the difference between ballhawk safeties that do nothing else to help a team win versus more well rounded safeties that make impact plays both in coverage and stopping the run?

27 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And the other one just committed one of the memorable blunders in NFL history

Williams also had more interceptions in one playoff game than Jamal Adams did in 16 regular season games. He was also drafted 36 spots after Adams.

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Shall I explain to you the difference between ballhawk safeties that do nothing else to help a team win versus more well rounded safeties that make impact plays both in coverage and stopping the run?

What impact plays did Jamal Adams make in coverage?

19 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Eh. If we ever get a pass rush with actual pass rushers, him and maye will get more opportunities. But if we're not playing with a lead and only hope Leo creates a rush, then yeah, he'll be a fine box safety. 

Just the point, we have no pass rushers which is a higher priority than a box safety that needs pass rushers to make an impact.

Just like our ILB Lee who is totally depend on a stud Dline to keep him clean.

22 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm a fan of the Gang Green Goon Squad pontificating about Adams' lack of importance.  It's going to keep fueling this kid as he develops into a perennial pro-bowler and team leader.

Whine on haters..  whine on.

I will promise to keep fueling his fire by being critical of him if he promise to get a few turnovers next year.  do we have to ramp up our criticism of him to fuel that fire?

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

no love for maye?  i guess williams is the free safety.  arguably, maye had a better year than adams.  but it's nice for a jet player to be recognized.

49 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm a fan of the Gang Green Goon Squad pontificating about Adams' lack of importance.  It's going to keep fueling this kid as he develops into a perennial pro-bowler and team leader.

Whine on haters..  whine on.

Actually we are no longer called that. We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-ekki-ekki-ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing, z'nourrwringmm."

53 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I wouldn’t want to impose, you’ve given us all so much already.

Archived