Christian Hackenberg's QB Guru says....

pdxgreen

That he couldn't hit the broad water if he fell out of a boat.  No, actually, Jordan Palmer says that this is a huge off season for the former Penn State product and that Hackenberg can still can be a QB in the league. 

(Queue Laughing)

http://1045theteam.com/qb-coach-jordan-palmer-expects-big-things-from-christian-hackenberg-audio/

Palmer has a pretty good relationship with McCown as well and says some interesting things about our current QB situation.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

That he couldn't hit the broad water if he fell out of a boat.  No, actually, Jordan Palmer says that this is a huge off season for the former Penn State product and that Hackenberg can still can be a QB in the league. 

(Queue Laughing)

http://1045theteam.com/qb-coach-jordan-palmer-expects-big-things-from-christian-hackenberg-audio/

Palmer has a pretty good relationship with McCown as well and says some interesting things about our current QB situation.

Thank you so much.

In truth this is one of the best interviews we have ever had in Hackenberg and the Jets QB situation.  

I wanted Hackenberg drafted from the get go but our overall QB situation was so horrific I just couldn’t see how Hackenberg could be any good but this interview was so sane and sober that I NOW understand why the Jets are doing what they are doing and that Hackenberg might end up being the QB we have all dreamed of and if that is the case get the guy in the field and let him play.

Also I am not in the locker room so when Todd Bowles said that Josh McCown is his favorite player ever; you now know why and it also makes sense why they might bring him back to start and give Hack this year to come out  

I was really ready to turn the page on the Jets if they brought McCown back and that is after almost 50 years of being a fan; now that I understand I can step back from the ledge and see that the Jets are not clueless oafs, they have a plan and that we should give them the requisite time to bring that plan to fruition.  

So wow thank you again; fantastic interview!

28 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you so much.

In truth this is one of the best interviews we have ever had in Hackenberg and the Jets QB situation.  

I wanted Hackenberg drafted from the get go but our overall QB situation was so horrific I just couldn’t see how Hackenberg could be any good but this interview was so sane and sober that I NOW understand why the Jets are doing what they are doing and that Hackenberg might end up being the QB we have all dreamed of and if that is the case get the guy in the field and let him play.

Also I am not in the locker room so when Todd Bowles said that Josh McCown is his favorite player ever; you now know why and it also makes sense why they might bring him back to start and give Hack this year to come out  

I was really ready to turn the page on the Jets if they brought McCown back and that is after almost 50 years of being a fan; now that I understand I can step back from the ledge and see that the Jets are not clueless oafs, they have a plan and that we should give them the requisite time to bring that plan to fruition.  

I see McCown, Mayfield and Hack as the 3 QBs we go into the season with. I just hope we play one of the young guys.

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you so much.

Until I see Hack successfully throw a screen pass I am not going to get on board.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

His QB Guru has to pump him up to keep getting Hack to pay him $$$$$ to keep coming back. Unfortunately the only 1 of those to on the positive side is the Guru, cashing checks for doing nothing.

All he said was this is the biggest offseason in CH life, which it is, he's going to get his opportunity, and he THINKS he's going to run with it. 

He also praised Mcc & Bowles for being patient w/him as he continues to mature. Which is EXACTLY what Mcc said to CH the night he was drafted but everyone seems to forget that.. Now, does this mean CH becomes the guy or even a competent backup? Who knows.  But the Jets are doing exactly what they said they were going to do April 2016

Before the pick was announced on TV, Maccagnan told Hackenberg over the phone that the organization was determined to “help you achieve your potential.”

“We’re really excited about adding you to this organization,” Maccagnan said, courtesy of a video posted on the Jets’ official Instagram page. “And we think you have a bright future and we’re going to invest some time in you.”

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/nfl-draft-christian-hackenberg-selected-by-jets-with-no-51-pick-1.11746030

7 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

(Queue Laughing)

When Jets Quarterback Christian Hackenberg left Penn State he hired a nutritionist and a Quarterback coach. That Quarterback coach was Jordan Palmer. Palmer has worked with Hackenberg on his footwork, throw angle and more. It was refreshing to get the inside track from someone that actually work with Hackenberg instead of the people who have already quit on him.

Palmer: a lot of the stuff that I do installing for the draft, even when I was training Christian, I stole from what Josh did. When I was sitting at 9 at night, I was backing Josh up when (Jay) Cutler got hurt in Chicago. So I stole a lot of the stuff from Josh. How he prepares, how he thinks, so the fact that Christian got to go sit with that and Mike (Maccagnan) and Todd (Bowles) have been so patient with him. Christian doesn’t really care what everyone says, same with Blake Bortels, which is why Blake was able to have the best game of his life when it mattered the most in the AFC Championship game. And I think Christian is still a guy who will play in this league and I’m really excited because this is the biggest offseason of his life. He’s going to get an opportunity and I think he’s going to be a kid who runs with it.

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

All he said was this is the biggest offseason in CH life, which it is, he's going to get his opportunity, and he THINKS he's going to run with it. 

He also praised Mcc & Bowles for being patient w/him as he continues to mature. Which is EXACTLY what Mcc said to CH the night he was drafted but everyone seems to forget that.. Now, does this mean CH becomes the guy or even a competent backup? Who knows.  But the Jets are doing exactly what they said they were going to do April 2016

Before the pick was announced on TV, Maccagnan told Hackenberg over the phone that the organization was determined to “help you achieve your potential.”

“We’re really excited about adding you to this organization,” Maccagnan said, courtesy of a video posted on the Jets’ official Instagram page. “And we think you have a bright future and we’re going to invest some time in you.”

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/nfl-draft-christian-hackenberg-selected-by-jets-with-no-51-pick-1.11746030

Oh I remember. My issue and what should be most people's is that Hack looks so bad when he plays. You would think that a guy that has the physical ability that Hack once displayed would have more moments that he looks better than he does. Invest time in him, fine... but when 2 years are up and you look like a High School QB, I mean wtf are you doing?

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

Oh I remember. My issue and what should be most people's is that Hack looks so bad when he plays. You would think that a guy that has the physical ability that Hack once displayed would have more moments that he looks better than he does. Invest time in him, fine... but when 2 years are up and you look like a High School QB, I mean wtf are you doing?

Fine. We'll make you the GM...You want to be the one to release him now and risk him going to some other team, say the Pats?  Have them sit / develop him another yr or so and maybe have him become the QB to replace Brady and beat your brains for another 10 yrs.

12 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I’m really excited because this is the biggest offseason of his life. He’s going to get an opportunity and I think he’s going to be a kid who runs with it.

The Jets are going to add one or two QBs this offseason. A huge contract for a vet and/or a high draft pick. Not sure what kind of opportunity he's going to have here, but I fully expect him to be on the roster. 

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I see McCown, Mayfield and Hack as the 3 QBs we go into the season with. I just hope we play one of the young guys.

I agree with you; and you may know from some of my posts that I vehemently opposed McCown being anywhere near the Jets ( I favored and favor Cousins); but that is how eye opening this interview was for me.  Yes, Cousins would great to get and would satisfy what i think is the biggest obvious need but if the Jets feel that Hack has more upside than a Cousins that is key and that is a decision that they have to live with.

The interview put things in a perspective that made sense  there is nothing wrong with a McCown, Mayfield, Hack trio.  I for one one would welcome that and be excited.

This interview consequently made me realize, that the Jets have a long term plan, that while they aren't sharing, makes total and complete logical sense, and that we have to trust they have an idea how to build the team better than the majority of us.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah this is a huge off season, unlike the importance of the previous two off season where he was ignored.

He will be around as the #3 guy next year but he sholdn't be the one reason he will be is due to where he was drafted.

"previous two off season where he was ignored"?  Players can't meet w/their coaches in the offseason per the CBA. That's why these guys go to the Palmer's and Tom House's to workout Jan-March/April. 

At this point it's irrelevant to where he was drafted. He still has two more yrs on his contract.  IF he was drafted in the 4th/5th NOBODY would give a sh*t he is still on the team. 

4 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets are going to add one or two QBs this offseason. A huge contract for a vet and/or a high draft pick. Not sure what kind of opportunity he's going to have here, but I fully expect him to be on the roster. 

TC...He'll get a chance to show. 

It's interesting that this subject came up.  The article below came out last week, and kind of alluded to the same thing Jordan Palmer says. 

Take this for what it's worth.

https://nflspinzone.com/2018/02/01/new-york-jets-predicting-25-starters-2018-season-early-february/2/

QB: Christian Hackenberg

The Jets have handled the Hackenberg situation perfectly, despite what most people believe. In his rookie season, they needed to fix his mechanics. They were out of whack from his time at Penn State due to his poor offensive line. Then, this year, they let him sit out again for one main reason: the coaching staff didn’t want to stick him out there behind a terrible offensive line and set him back in regards to all the work they put in.

Putting him behind that offensive line would’ve jeopardized all the work they put in during the offseason to fix the issues with his mechanics. According to many, he was sailing throws and uncomfortable in camp. Well, that’s psychological, because the offensive line was terrible, and it brought him back to his days at Penn State.

So, the Jets will rebuild that offensive line to give him more confidence. The confidence will lead to a much better Hackenberg, and the Jets will be able to get the best out of him. He will show the fans of the Jets what they have and why their doubt is unfounded. The offensive line can’t be perfect, but it will be much better leading Hackenberg to believe more in himself and his abilities.

When he was drafted some people forget he was going to be  a project does not mean he will still be viable QB but you also were told it would take time and patience I know something here in Jetland we do not have

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don't think he's done. His best shot is to be a late bloomer sorta like Rich Gannon, be a back up and maybe around 28-30 get a shot after an injury and really look good. Damn, kid is still only 22. I don't see him out of the league any time soon. 

He is the only 2nd rounder in the last 25 years to not play a reg season snap after two years. This on a team without good starters and playing meaningless games at the end of the season.

He is ultra bad but the team has compounded it by handling him as bad as you can handle a new Qb in this league.

One more thing if Todd Bowles was willing to risk being called a nut job because he knew that they were developing Hack into a monster QB then the guy is smarter than we think and just has to significantly improve as a day game coach and we definitely could be onto something.....

Just now, Beerfish said:

He is the only 2nd rounder in the last 25 years to not play a reg season snap after two years. This on a team without good starters and playing meaningless games at the end of the season.

He is ultra bad but the team has compounded it by handling him as bad as you can handle a new Qb in this league.

That's more on Bowles being completely inept. Despite what you see in practice some players are different when the lights are on. I'm sorry but I'm not blaming Hackenberg bc the coaching staff is a sh*t pile of dung. Maybe he can't cut it, that's probably so, but you don't know until you give him a shot. 

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Techinically the 3rd, but Jim Kelly was in the USFL

1983 was in the last 25 years?  ******* math nerds are ruining football. 

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

That's more on Bowles being completely inept. Despite what you see in practice some players are different when the lights are on. I'm sorry but I'm not blaming Hackenberg bc the coaching staff is a sh*t pile of dung. Maybe he can't cut it, that's probably so, but you don't know until you give him a shot. 

Yeah there's zero reason that he hasn't played ONE full game at all. Yet they were fine trotting out Petty out there over and over looking like hot garbage. 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who gives a sh*t?  What does that mean?  So maybe he was overdrafted by a round or two..Who cares NOW? 

So Mccagnan gives you power of attorney, you're the Jets GM, are you are releasing Hackenberg today, next month, when? 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ah, this was our plan all along.  Draft him and sit him through his rookie contract.  Then we can start playing him just in time for him to hit free agency.  This should be our plan at every position.  It's a shame nobody wants to develop players anymore.

where does it say sit him through his rookie contract (which is for 4 yrs)? 

Hackenburg doesn’t need a quarterback coach, he needs a psychologist. He’s suffering from PTSD from all the hits he took while he was at Penn State. I remember him his first year, he was phenomenal, he was being touted as being the first pick coming out of the draft when he came out but then it all fell apart. He has never recovered.  Even O’Brien passed on Hack who he had great success with. That speaks volumes. You’d think a coach who was desperate for a QB he’d had success with would jump at the chance to take him. Instead, he avoided Hack like the plague. Mac needs to go to St. Patrick’s cathedral, get in a confession box and admit he botched this pick and has been keeping Hack around to save face. It’s time to move on. 

5 minutes ago, faba said:

The guy was lights out for Penn St. before his offensive line became  dogsh*t he has some talent . Under Bowles and co not the right ones to try to get it out of him so far

Bates. Allow Bates to have two yrs to work w/him under basically the same system...

Archived