FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, Jetscreen said:

I was worried for the longest time that the Jets would go after Cousins. He's not a very good QB, ultra average of you're asking me and a guy that never gets you beyond like 10 wins. However, now it seems pretty clear to me Cousins should go to a team that is ready to win it all. Getting the most money should not be his main interest. The Jets are not even close to contending, so IMO he'll go to either Minnesota or Denver. Both of those teams are ready to win it all and just lack a decent QB. The Jets are terrible. 5-11 should not look enticing to Cousins, especially when he needs to consider the Jets OL is the main reason why they've been so bad on offense.

We needed to go after Cousins as option A, statistically speaking the chances of drafting a non bust QB in round 1 is about 50% or so let alone the odds any of these rookies even matches what Cousins has been able to already achieve is slim. I'm happy we get to draft our guy because there is something special about grooming your own guy but if we wanted the safest option to get top 10 QB play it was with Cousins.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hearing Cousins is looking for 3 years $90M gtd.  https://t.co/h2Ny3vC8Au

— Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki) March 3, 2018

That's makes sense, allows him to jump to another contender and/or cash in on another big contract. I would not have wanted us to get him unless it was on a 5-6 year deal, that's the only way to benefit from frontloading a deal. 

I’m not yet convinced that Todd Bowles would sign off on that pick.  And before anyone says that he is not the GM, the HC and the GM are on an even level of authority and taking someone at 6, it’s going to be a consensus.  I really doubt Mayfield will get that.  
May not count for much, but Bowles was quoted as having been very high on Watson in last year's draft. I don't honestly think he's as "defense first" as he's made out to be.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, King P said:
xmRwnWOG_bigger.jpgMike JureckiVerified account @mikejurecki

Some chatter at the Combine that #Cowboys WR Dez Bryant days could be numbered in Dallas. His cap number for next two seasons $16.5M per year. (Base salary $12.5M)

Dez isn't worth half that at this point of his career. Gets no separation and is a distraction on and off the field. 

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Manziel loved football too and was basically the same story as Mayfield only he wasn’t a walk on.  They do have similar game anyone denying it is being an apologist.  Big 10 QBs: RG3, Bryce Petty, Vince Young, Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill and Landry Jones.

Arguably the best qb to come out of the Big 10 in the last 15 years is Andy friggin Dalton.  The teams in that conference don’t play defense and all the qbs play shotgun spread one read offenses like your boy Baker Mayfield 

Johnny Manziel coming out of college was an undiagnosed bipolar who was self medicating with drugs and alcohol.

There are no mental health/drug issues w/ mayfield.

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

That's makes sense, allows him to jump to another contender and/or cash in on another big contract. I would not have wanted us to get him unless it was on a 5-6 year deal, that's the only way to benefit from frontloading a deal. 

If it ended up being for 3 years, i'd be pretty pissed, Jets would be stupid to do that, it accomplishes nothing. You want him here long term so you can build something. Of course we'd be the ones to get the big free agent QB and still get duped. 

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If it ended up being for 3 years, i'd be pretty pissed, Jets would be stupid to do that, it accomplishes nothing. You want him here long term so you can build something. Of course we'd be the ones to get the big free agent QB and still get duped. 

it does nothing for cousins either.  the jets won't be serious contenders until then anyway.

17 hours ago, pointman said:

Demario says the talk of him wanting 8-10 is not true.

https://twitter.com/demario__davis/status/970425792894242818?s=21

Demario Davis #56Verified account @demario__davis

Fake news all the way around. But understand this, just being in the conversation with the best lb’s isn’t good enough for me. I’m here for that #1 spot, period. So if it’s not out my mouth, it’s just rumors!

Sign this beast we need a #1 WR 

13 hours ago, Jetscreen said:

I was worried for the longest time that the Jets would go after Cousins. He's not a very good QB, ultra average of you're asking me and a guy that never gets you beyond like 10 wins. However, now it seems pretty clear to me Cousins should go to a team that is ready to win it all. Getting the most money should not be his main interest. The Jets are not even close to contending, so IMO he'll go to either Minnesota or Denver. Both of those teams are ready to win it all and just lack a decent QB. The Jets are terrible. 5-11 should not look enticing to Cousins, especially when he needs to consider the Jets OL is the main reason why they've been so bad on offense.

If Cousins is “not a very good QB” as you state why would teams close to contending want him?

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Michael Bennett and a 7th traded to Philly for Marcus Johnson and a 5th

Sounds like they’re in on Sherman, too, which tells you all you need to know about how important having “$100 mil in cap space” really is.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets shouldn’t give anyone over the age of 27 a contract.

That would be a very absorb thing to do, also economical unsound as age 27 is still relatively young unless your talking from experience and you where just as shot at 27 as you were at 32. But young players who are just even one years wonders get paid relatively high. I just strongly disagree with your angle.

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds like they’re in on Sherman, too, which tells you all you need to know about how important having “$100 mil in cap space” really is.

Having $100 million in cap space is simply the Hallmark way of saying 'we suck'.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Having $100 million in cap space is simply the Hallmark way of saying 'we suck'.

More specifically it's saying "we suck at drafting so we have cut almost everyone we drafted in the last 5 years"

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Not that ogletree is old but that's a move of a team re-tooling and not rebuilding. Could be a sign they're making a run this year and will go after Chubb or Barkley.

I don’t understand why a team about to make a run at a title, trading away their captain and leader on defense

On 3/5/2018 at 8:47 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Johnny Manziel coming out of college was an undiagnosed bipolar who was self medicating with drugs and alcohol.

There are no mental health/drug issues w/ mayfield.

That and he was prepubescent. I don't care what he weighed in at, his stones never dropped.  

Archived