FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Augustiniak said:

at least he's not over 35, but that's where the happiness ends.

I would rather roll the dice on Bridgewater's health than roll with a 39 year old McCown.  If he can get/stay healthy at 25, Bridgewater could be a long term answer.  No more 35+ QBs, please.

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

They have needs on defense especially at CB and edge rusher. But this is an offensive driven league. It's just frustrating to be reading about all these top offensive FAs going to other teams.

Yea I get that, It's just hard to get players without a QB. 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I would rather roll the dice on Bridgewater's health than roll with a 39 year old McCown.  If he can get/stay healthy at 25, Bridgewater could be a long term answer.  No more 35+ QBs, please.

the problem is that mccagnan will convince himself he's struck untapped gold like he did when he took hack, and bypass qb in the first round.  

Well it may be possible to still have a decent free agency.

2 olinemen: 20mil

Backup vet QB: 6mil? (Mccown)

WR: 8mil (Paul Richardson?) 

2 CBs: 25mil

DE: 10mil

Leaves like 20mil for rookies, in seasson moves and carryover.

Macc just need to get off his ads and get to work.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Lith I didn't recognize you without the bulldog! 

I'm fine with Bridgewater and QB in the first. 

UGA was grad school.  Penn was undergrad.  Penn made the NCAAs.  Penn avatar stays until we lose.  So expect Uga to be back by Thursday afternoon -- after the Penn-Kansas game.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is what you call—to use the parlance of our times—a freefall.

It's what everyone has been thinking they'd do for months...

The only reason to bring in Bridgewater is if you're cutting Hack..  I don't think Teddy is going to want to come here to be a 3 though.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

the problem is that mccagnan will convince himself he's struck untapped gold like he did when he took hack, and bypass qb in the first round.  

Bridgewater and a first rounder I can live with.  Bridgewater/Hack/Petty, not so much.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

And when they finally pick up the phone to call Bridgewater will already be inking his deal as a backup elsewhere because the thought of playing for the Jets with their talent level is extremely unappealing, and bad for his career, and also because he knows he would probably end up being the backup to a 1st round QB they draft by week 6 the latest.

The Jets better ink McCown before somebody else does for their sake, thou I’m personally hoping by the time Cousins ends his visit with Minny, and finally makes the signing official that Bridgewater, McCarron, McCown, and any other QB worth anything is all signed forcing Todd Bowles to play whatever rookie QB Macc hands him.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

It's what everyone has been thinking they'd do for months...

The only reason to bring in Bridgewater is if you're cutting Hack..  I don't think Teddy is going to want to come here to be a 3 though.  

Bowles wants QBs with a built-in excuse not to play over McCown, so Bridgewater’s knee and Hackenberg’s awfulness will give him those excuses.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Our plan is Bridgewater?  for gods sakes.

Bridge is light years a better option than drafting Allen at 6 or resigning McClown. There are other prospects worth drafting like Lauletta, Falk, Jackson, Rudolph. Mac would have to trade up to get Mayfield and it’s just not in his DNA. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Bowles wants QBs with a built-in excuse not to play over McCown, so Bridgewater’s knee and Hackenberg’s awfulness will give him those excuses.

dude.

if they miss on Cousins they are re-signing McCown and drafting a QB at 6 or moving up.  That is an acceptable solution.

If Macc only signs McCown and Teddy and ignores QB in the 1st round he will not last the year.  He knows this.

Archived