Combine Passing Velocity... 49

Stark

Did or Does anyone have the speeds from this weekend for the QB's? I haven't seen anything yet.

I am just curious what the readings were. (seriously and no I don't want them just to discredit a QB, I am just curious to see them)

It doesnt look like extremely reputable Our Lads Scouting has updated this incredibly valuable and accurate data.

Maybe they werent allowed to bring in radar guns this year with just a spectator pass?  Heightened security these days maybe didnt allow it.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

Did or Does anyone have the speeds from this weekend for the QB's? I haven't seen anything yet.

I am just curious what the readings were. (seriously and no I don't want them just to discredit a QB, I am just curious to see them)

I read somewhere that allen had a throw clocked at 66 mph— I know it was a big deal when mahomes was throwing 60. he could have the strongest arm of any QB ever 

http://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-2018-NFL-Combine/10241/dh/

Austin Allen - Arkansas - 53 (left), 54 (right)

Josh Allen - Wyoming - 62 (left), 62 (right)

JT Barrett - Ohio State - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Kurt Benkert - Virginia - 55 (left), 56 (right)

Sam Darnold - Southern Cal - did not throw

Danny Etling - LSU - 54 (left), 56 (right)

Luke Falk - Washington State - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Riley Ferguson - Memphis - 52 (left), 54 (right)

Quinton Flowers - South Florida - 49 (left), 49 (right)

Lamar Jackson - Louisville - 49 (left), 49 (right)

Kyle Lauletta - Richmond - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Tanner Lee - Nebraska - 56 (left), 57 (right)

Chase Litton - Marshall - 53 (left), 55 (right)

Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma - 59 (left), 60 (right)

Josh Rosen - UCLA - 57 (left), 59 (right)

Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Nic Shimonek - Texas Tech - 55 (left), 55 (right)

Mike White - Western Kentucky - 53 (left), 55 (right)

Logan Woodside - Toledo - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Like most combine stats for me that stuff means dick all unless you are grossly low.  Watson was supposed to be super slow last year. that was a big knock on him.  I watched him throw in drills at the combine and his passes looked very comparable to the other big armed guys and he was way more accurate.

10 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

http://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-2018-NFL-Combine/10241/dh/

Austin Allen - Arkansas - 53 (left), 54 (right)

Josh Allen - Wyoming - 62 (left), 62 (right)

JT Barrett - Ohio State - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Kurt Benkert - Virginia - 55 (left), 56 (right)

Sam Darnold - Southern Cal - did not throw

Danny Etling - LSU - 54 (left), 56 (right)

Luke Falk - Washington State - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Riley Ferguson - Memphis - 52 (left), 54 (right)

Quinton Flowers - South Florida - 49 (left), 49 (right)

Lamar Jackson - Louisville - 49 (left), 49 (right)

Kyle Lauletta - Richmond - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Tanner Lee - Nebraska - 56 (left), 57 (right)

Chase Litton - Marshall - 53 (left), 55 (right)

Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma - 59 (left), 60 (right)

Josh Rosen - UCLA - 57 (left), 59 (right)

Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Nic Shimonek - Texas Tech - 55 (left), 55 (right)

Mike White - Western Kentucky - 53 (left), 55 (right)

Logan Woodside - Toledo - 52 (left), 52 (right)

thx...  much appreciated... Looks like Baker just checked off Another box.

9 hours ago, jetsons said:

thx...  much appreciated... Looks like Baker just checked off Another box.

Yea he seems to be doing that with almost every metric, heck the guy is closer to 6'1" than he is to 6' haha. I would really love to root for Baker as a Jet but I'll take any of the top 4.

12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea he seems to be doing that with almost every metric, heck the guy is closer to 6'1" than he is to 6' haha. I would really love to root for Baker as a Jet but I'll take any of the top 4.

I hear you, but I'm ALL In for Mayfield. :)

10 hours ago, JiF said:

Lamar Jackson, 49 MPH, OMG CAN NOT DRAFT!!!!!!!!

I fell into that trap last year.  Wanted no part of Watson fearing his arm was not strong enough to succeed in the NFL.  You think I would have learned after all these years to trust what a guy does in his game tape more than a couple of drills in shorts. 

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

I fell into that trap last year.  Wanted no part of Watson fearing his arm was not strong enough to succeed in the NFL.  You think I would have learned after all these years to trust what a guy does in his game tape more than a couple of drills in shorts. 

Well yeah, that and the fact that this isnt a drill. It's not a combine event.  It's some dudes with a spectator pass and a radar gun shooting QB passes from the stands and passing it off as if it's an accurate reading of mph.  It's not. Not even close.  How do you even clock that?  This isnt baseball where the distance the ball travel is the same every single throw.

Needless to say, this is the dumbest sh*t this crazy ass new era draft process pumps out to the public. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well yeah, that and the fact that this isnt a drill. It's not a combine event.  It's some dudes with a spectator pass and a radar gun shooting QB passes from the stands and passing it off as if it's an accurate reading of mph.  It's not. Not even close.  How do you even clock that?  This isnt baseball where the distance the ball travel is the same every single throw.

Needless to say, this is the dumbest sh*t this crazy ass new era draft process pumps out to the public. 

You may be right JIF in the authenticity of these stats.... however, anything that would either justify or raise a question on a QB is welcome as far as I am concerned. This allows the Jets to look into it when they bring a QB in for a workout. Any information is helpful when deciding to invest a 1st round pick on a player. IMHO

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

You may be right JIF in the authenticity of these stats.... however, anything that would either justify or raise a question on a QB is welcome as far as I am concerned. This allows the Jets to look into it when they bring a QB in for a workout. Any information is helpful when deciding to invest a 1st round pick on a player. IMHO

I'm perfectly fine with utilizing any and every single measurement possible to make the right decision.

This?  This is a joke.  This is bloggers who took a radar gun to an event as a spectator, sit 200 yards away and probably 50 feet higher from the action and try to pass this off as accurate data.  Further, the QB's are more worried about Footwork/mechanics/accuracy/timing/ball placement than they are their fast ball.

If velocity is important to teams, then they should have a controlled drill during the event or they can clock them during pro-days and private workouts. 

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  If the combine had a drill where the goal was to just throw a pass as hard as you possibly could...then these measurements might mean something.  Otherwise, there are just too many variables.

19 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Your LAD is right here, now what the hell do y'all want?

We love you but we hate what you have become. I just feel like Josh Allen has really changed you and you need to get out of this mentally absuive relationship asap. Seek help. We need you to be you, again.?

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

@Thai Jet You're buttfumbling somebody for stating a fact?  the fck dude. 

4 hours ago, Stark said:

@Thai Jet is an Allen lover, hates mayfield. Doesn't surprise me he would do that. 

Just returning a favor. I got butt fumbled for stating we should take away Robby Anderson's keys. WTF ?

4 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Just returning a favor. I got butt fumbled for stating we should take away Robby Anderson's keys. WTF ?

Well, to suggest that removing Anderson's keys is somehow a justifiable punishment for what he was caught doing Deserves a buttfumble... that was just Asinine.  :/...  jmo

ps- doing things tit for tat just shows your maturity level.  :/

7 hours ago, jetsons said:

Well, to suggest that removing Anderson's keys is somehow a justifiable punishment for what he was caught doing Deserves a buttfumble... that was just Asinine.  :/...  jmo

ps- doing things tit for tat just shows your maturity level.  :/

Anderson's only problems seem to be while driving. He hasn't been arrested for drugs or DV. He just needs to mature. What would you have them do? Draw and quarter him? If you want him released trust me he won't be out of a job for long.

Just now, Thai Jet said:

Anderson's only problems seem to be while driving. Taking his keys away is a form of prevention for further incidents not a punishment . He hasn't been arrested for drugs or DV. He just needs to mature. What would you have them do? Draw and quarter him? If you want him released trust me he won't be out of a job for long.

On 3/9/2018 at 4:57 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

Mayock & the other fella saying Jackson wasn't throwing as hard as he could; was trying to be precise.  

...Had to fulfill my quota of advocating for Lamar Jackson for the week... 

For me that’s his biggest flaw.  His accuracy is suspect, that’s why he was trying to place the ball.  I don’t like him at all for the Jets.  

Archived