The harsh reality!

LockeJET

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what happens when we hire amateurs to compete with professionals and then, after two failure seasons, extend them so incoming FAs know it's not going to end soon.

Players have legitimate concern that the Jets will just sign them, pay out their 2 guaranteed seasons, then spit them out with their reputation ruined, and with it their earning potential way down even though the cap has risen significantly. They're better off with a team that won't cut them after the guaranteed years are up because those successful teams want to continue the success these players are key parts of. 

These two were never up for the task, and it's a fool's errand to debate which is worse. A ****ing run stuffing 3-4 DE, an ILB, and a ****ing safety with 3 consecutive 1st round picks (two of them at #6, and two of them with 2 FQBs either sitting right there or well within reach). That's ****ing brilliant.

19 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Don't post here often but for those of you who know me from the other board should remember that I have a solid connection from within our organization. All I will say is this. We were in on a bunch of these guys. We offered Robinson and Cousins more money then they received and we were willing to match any deal on Norwell. All 3 of these guys chose better situations over money. So the blame shouldn't be on Mac for not signing guys. The blame should be on Mac for putting together such a crappy roster that when all things are equal the top players and coaches don't come here.

This isn't at all surprising.  We have one of the least attractive situations in the league, despite having the most cap money.  What a terrible indictment of this organization from top to bottom.

Mac and Bowles were given one year too many and it's going to cost this team another year of spinning it's wheels.  If Mac doesn't deliver a 1st round QB now he will be crucified. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

This is what happens when we hire amateurs to compete with professionals and then, after two failure seasons, extend them so incoming FAs know it's not going to end soon.

Players have legitimate concern that the Jets will just sign them, pay out their 2 guaranteed seasons, then spit them out with their earning potential now way down even though the cap has risen significantly. They're better off with a team that won't cut them after the guaranteed years are up because those successful teams want to continue the success these players are key parts of. 

These two were never up for the task, and it's a fool's errand to debate which is worse. A ****ing run stuffing 3-4 DE, an ILB, and a ****ing safety with 3 consecutive 1st round picks (two of them at #6, and two of them with 2 FQBs either sitting right there or well within reach). That's ****ing brilliant.

There's a special part of you that dies when you realize chris johnson is as big of an idiot as his brother. 

Just now, Guilhermezmc said:

Don't tell me Chicago has a better roster than us

Robinson was all over instagraham with cubs and bulls jerseys on lately..  he was a chicago fan growing up and wanted to go there.  

him choosing chicago over us has very little to do with Macc or the roster he constructed.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Robinson was all over instagraham with cubs and bulls jerseys on lately..  he was a chicago fan growing up and wanted to go there.  

him choosing chicago over us has very little to do with Macc or the roster he constructed.

But, what of Kirk Cousin's love of Broad-Way?

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Serious question: do you work for Jets PR or something? Cause if not you are doing someone's job for free. 

Had we cleaned house and started over a new regime wouldn't have been all in on Cousins. Cousins was the best way for Mac and Boles to save their career. Now they better hope that Bridgewater can play or that the rookie is ready fast. Most likely next offseason we are looking for a new GM and coach. And around and around we go!

Just now, gEYno said:

But, what of Kirk Cousin's love of Broad-Way?

It helped get us in the top 2 teams..  ultimately he chose the other guy.

oh well..  re-sign McCown, draft QB at 6.  

it'll be fine...  I promise.

Just now, LockeJET said:

Had we cleaned house and started over a new regime wouldn't have been all in on Cousins. Cousins was the best way for Mac and Boles to save their career. Now they better hope that Bridgewater can play or that the rookie is ready fast. Most likely next offseason we are looking for a new GM and coach. And round and round we go!

So what, if a new HC and GM were here, all the big name FA's would have signed here based on the potential that HC would sell them? Even though the roster is the same? 

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Serious question: do you work for Jets PR or something? Cause if not you are doing someone's job for free. 

I'm used to this kind of thing..  my 13 year old and girlfriend overreact and get emotional a lot like you guys..

The difference is once I explain to them what's really going on they tend to calm down.

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There's no way to know that was true...and highly unlikely.  Cousins being the only one.  We were never attached to the other two - never mentioend other than by fans.

I haven't even heard anyoen else say this other than the OP

What do you think is more likely? The jets sit on their hands or they went after free agents but no one wants to come here because they have comparable options for similar money?

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

It helped get us in the top 2 teams..  ultimately he chose the other guy.

oh well..  re-sign McCown, draft QB at 6.  

it'll be fine...  I promise.

Do you believe that at #6, we're going to get anyone but the last QB option?  There's a decent enough chance we don't get any.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

So what, if a new HC and GM were here, all the big name FA's would have signed here based on the potential that HC would sell them? Even though the roster is the same? 

I think the attitude towards finding a QB would be drastically different with a new regime. 4 years and and we've gotten little effort.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

No. I'm just saying we were so deep in on Cousins because Mac and Boles need to win now. A first year regime could afford more to draft a young QB and wait until he's ready.

32 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Don't post here often but for those of you who know me from the other board should remember that I have a solid connection from within our organization. All I will say is this. We were in on a bunch of these guys. We offered Robinson and Cousins more money then they received and we were willing to match any deal on Norwell. All 3 of these guys chose better situations over money. So the blame shouldn't be on Mac for not signing guys. The blame should be on Mac for putting together such a crappy roster that when all things are equal the top players and coaches don't come here.

Nice to see you dude. yeah, kinda what most of us are thinking. This is going to get way worse before it starts to get better.

32 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

The attitude emanating from this organization failed on multiple fronts.  Probably gonna get worse before it gets better.

Image result for Attitude reflects leadership

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

No. I'm just saying we were so deep in on Cousins because Mac and Boles need to win now. A first year regime could afford more to draft a young QB and wait until he's ready.

So deep in on Cousins because a good QB on the market. Why wouldn't we be?? Cards were interested weren't they? 

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

So deep in on Cousins because a good QB on the market. Why wouldn't we be?? Cards were interested weren't they? 

Listen a new regime might have been all in as well. But had they failed, their jobs wouldn't have been on the line. I'm just saying for our current regime, getting Cousins was huge for their future.

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Players have legitimate concern that the Jets will just sign them, pay out their 2 guaranteed seasons, then spit them out with their reputation ruined, and with it their earning potential way down even though the cap has risen significantly. They're better off with a team that won't cut them after the guaranteed years are up because those successful teams want to continue the success these players are key parts of. 

Old adage; A's hire A's, B's hire Cs.  Thinking Woody earned F's at school.  Go figure.

All this shows is that once again, the Johnson's have no idea how to run a football team. There are certain management decisions that should be a given. These things include:

1) if you want to hire a GM, you can't force him to keep the existing head coach;

2) if you fire said HC and GM and bring in a new team don't give them a pass to rebuild on the final years of their contracts;

3) You don't allow a HC and GM on essentially a 1 year deal (that have had 2/3 losing seasons) the option to draft a QB with a Top 10 pick. 

4) When you inevitably fire this HC and GM, you now stick the new HC/GM with a Top 10 drafted QB who may or may not get any game action this year. 

Archived