Third overall pick is...

j4jets

With the third overall pick, Jets select....  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Jets select with the third overall pick?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2018 at 12:59 AM

8 minutes ago, BleedGreen92 said:

I don’t say this lightly but if we pass on Rosen for Baker and we watch him go to Denver or worse yet the Jills to shove up our asses for the next 15 years it might be the final straw for me dealing with the misery of rooting for this franchise 

Adam Gase will be able to design an offense for Rosen and manage him.  Bowles will not.

I don’t think the Bills want a qb like Rosen   They want Allen  

Mayfield is the safest pick for the Jets, with the staff they have.  He will have the quickest impact.  But if I were Chris, I would grab the draft wheel and pick Rosen, only draft edge and ol (ol unless the guys from usc and Rutgers are there) and let Bowles play McCown this year while Rosen works out, and then replace Bowles with Defilippo next year.  

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Doggin94it said:

Yeah, nothing takes the joy out of watching a touchdown pass more than knowing the QB or WR doesn't agree with my politics.

That isn’t the point. The point is I don’t wanna know. Sports used to serve as a distraction from current events and politics 

1 minute ago, BleedGreen92 said:

That isn’t the point. The point is I don’t wanna know. Sports used to serve as a distraction from current events and politics 

And the 1 minute of kneeling for the anthem or their response to post game questions or a tweet from a year ago means that it's not a distraction for the 3hrs of game time? 

People have political views.  So what?  Why in the world would that impact your enjoyment of the game?

Oday Aboushi was tremendously anti-Israel, and his sister more so. That's an issue that matters to me deeply.  And it didn't impact my enjoyment of the game for half a second, because he wasn't chanting pro-Palestinian nonsense on my TV screen while he was blocking (or, more often, trying to)

19 minutes ago, BleedGreen92 said:

I don’t say this lightly but if we pass on Rosen for Baker and we watch him go to Denver or worse yet the Jills to shove up our asses for the next 15 years it might be the final straw for me dealing with the misery of rooting for this franchise 

quitter.

Just now, Doggin94it said:

And the 1 minute of kneeling for the anthem or their response to post game questions or a tweet from a year ago means that it's not a distraction for the 3hrs of game time? 

People have political views.  So what?  Why in the world would that impact your enjoyment of the game?

Oday Aboushi was tremendously anti-Israel, and his sister more so. That's an issue that matters to me deeply.  And it didn't impact my enjoyment of the game for half a second, because he wasn't chanting pro-Palestinian nonsense on my TV screen while he was blocking (or, more often, trying to)

If you can’t see how spitting on the country which made you rich and famous from throwing and catching a ball has disgusted millions of people then there’s no help for you 

1 minute ago, BleedGreen92 said:

If you can’t see how spitting on the country which made you rich and famous from throwing and catching a ball has disgusted millions of people then there’s no help for you 

No, I get that.  I don't get how that impacts the game for you.

But you do you.  We'll miss you here, deeply.

4 hours ago, BleedGreen92 said:

What if we pass on Rosen for Baker, and Baker lights it up for us while Rosen is watching the Broncos / Jills from the concussion protocol tent??

I know a lot of us fans are like the dog that's been kicked too many times, but there's as much chance of our QB succeeding as the other guys' QBs (IMHO).

4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

What if we pass on Rosen for Baker, and Baker lights it up for us while Rosen is watching the Broncos / Jills from the concussion protocol tent??

I know a lot of us fans are like the dog that's been kicked too many times, but there's as much chance of our QB succeeding as the other guys' QBs (IMHO).

Yeah, I don't think the Mayfield/Rosen choice is anything like the O'Brien/Marino decision.  Marino was far and away the better prospect and Kenny was a reach.

There's a reasonable football arguement to be made that Mayfield is the better choice over Rosen.  If we pick wrong I do belive it'll be for the right reasons.  Some of this is just luck.

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, I don't think the Mayfield/Rosen choice is anything like the O'Brien/Marino decision.  Marino was far and away the better prospect and Kenny was a reach.

There's a reasonable football arguement to be made that Mayfield is the better choice over Rosen.  If we pick wrong I do belive it'll be for the right reasons.  Some of this is just luck.

Are you one of the guys that think the Jets passed on him because of the drug rumors?  Marino sucked his senior year. He threw for 58.5% 2400 yards 6.4 per attempt and TD/INT was 17/23.  Josh Allen grabs his crotch at those numbers.  Kenny O went undefeated his senior year and had great numbers that can't be found now because he was D2.  

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Are you one of the guys that think the Jets passed on him because of the drug rumors?  Marino sucked his senior year. He threw for 58.5% 2400 yards 6.4 per attempt and TD/INT was 17/23.  Josh Allen grabs his crotch at those numbers.  Kenny O went undefeated his senior year and had great numbers that can't be found now because he was D2.  

No, I don't buy the drug rumor thing - but Marino was the clear and obvious choice at the time.  They porbably could have gotten O'Brien in the 2nd round if they wanted him.

I love Kenny - 2nd best Jet QB as far as I'm concerned...but passing on Marino was a mistake - and that's not just in hindsight.  It was a mistake the moment the pick was made.

Passing on Rosen over Mayfield (if that were to occur) may end up being a mistake but it won't be a terrible decision tomorrow.

5 hours ago, BleedGreen92 said:

You know I’m not really sure. Years ago I would have said I would always love the jets and football but the game has become so watered down and the players so politicized  I’m not really sure anymore 

You really just gotta learn how to ignore it.  It's not so much that the players have gotten more political, it's that the coverage of them have been magnified 100x.  24/7 cable news.  Social media gives everyone a megaphone.  And even "some" politicians purposely call them out.

It will always be there now.  Inevitably we will know a player's views.  Just like we'd know anyone else's views of they were reported on and had their social media monitored.

If you don't like their views, don't pay attention.  Like if we had Tom Brady, I'd love the winning and ignore his views.

However, nothing wrong with enjoying it too.  If we draft Rosen, I'm gonna love his views and his hat choices.

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Mayfield is not just as likely to succeed as  Rosen because Rosen is a better prospect

Adam Gase will be able to design an offense for Rosen and manage him.  Bowles will not.
I don’t think the Bills want a qb like Rosen   They want Allen  
Mayfield is the safest pick for the Jets, with the staff they have.  He will have the quickest impact.  But if I were Chris, I would grab the draft wheel and pick Rosen, only draft edge and ol (ol unless the guys from usc and Rutgers are there) and let Bowles play McCown this year while Rosen works out, and then replace Bowles with Defilippo next year.  
Rosen will be Chosen

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, predator_05 said:

Barkley to the Giants seems to be the word on the grapevine.

In that case, we'll be saying hello to Josh Rosen.

I still think Giants take Rosen or trade down and whoever gets the second pick takes Rosen 

Meanwhile we get stuck with the drunken Hobbit 

28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I still think Giants take Rosen or trade down and whoever gets the second pick takes Rosen 

Meanwhile we get stuck with the drunken Hobbit 

That makes the most sense, but i can't ignore the noise. Everyone and their mother keeps calling barkley to the giants.

More I listen to Rosen, I want Rosen. Like his personna, his ability is beyond question. Upside is huge. please be Rosen.

Mayfield is good but something is nagging me here.

Only concern with Rosen is more a concern with the state of the oline - I would love Ragnow to be available in the third (unlikely I know) to shore it up.

Archived