Third overall pick is...

j4jets

With the third overall pick, Jets select....  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Jets select with the third overall pick?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2018 at 12:59 AM

JN picked Darnold to be the first overall pick for the Browns.

JN picked Barkley to be the 2nd overall pick for the Giants.

Now you’re the GM with the third overall pick in 2018. Who would you pick as the Jets GM? you have the choice between three of the top 4 rated QBs, Chubbs and Nelson  I doubt the latter two are a consideration at #3 but you make the call.

Poll closes when draft starts on Thursday at 8pm. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Toua77 said:

I want to say Rosen, but I feel he's going #2 to the Giants. Reports are that they turned down massive offers from Buffalo for the #2 pick. I don't think you do that if you don't intend on taking a QB. 

The thesis behind that move by the Giants, which I agree with, is that it gives the team the most value for the 2 pick, and they can pick up a RB to help the team this year at pick 34.  If you don’t buy that Barkley can be the HoF RB who can carry your team, this can actually work.  

The Giants are in an interesting spot.  If they believed that Eli could get them to the SB again, they would use every pick they could on players that could play this year.  The Chiefs did not think Smith could do it, and they traded up to draft Mahomes.  

The Giants are better in 2020 with Rosen, but in 2018 and 2019, they are worse.  What to do?

I think picking Rosen over Mayfield is a mistake.  Sounds crazy but there are too many question marks with Rosen.  Yes I agree he's probably the most polished out of the Big 3.  I won't mention a thing about his supposed bad attitude because I've never met nor spoken with the kid so I won't sit here and say he has a bad attitude.  I'd probably find his bad attitude to be hilarious to be quite honest.  There's something about the concussions that scare me though.  I don't know why but he strikes me as fragile.

I don't know how clean his pockets were in UCLA or how many times he had to scramble out of the pocket at UCLA but when he comes to the NFL and the Jets specifically there are going to be rare times when the pocket is clean and every time he scrambles out of the pocket I'm going to be holding my breath.  I don't want to do that with my franchise QB for who knows how long.

This team has a lot of players at key positions who had pretty significant injuries not too long ago.  Players like Trumaine Johnson who was hurt last season, Morris Claiborne who was hurt last season, Spencer Long who was hurt last season, Kelvin Beachum who was hurt with knee problems and a concussion, Winters who is coming back from a torn abdominal muscle...  I get that players get hurt but he comes in here with a history of concussions granted I think there were only 2 but for a QB that makes me nervous and he has that big knee brace on his left knee which scares me and that'll be behind an offensive line which has the tendency to get QBs nearly killed.

At the end of the day I won't be mad if he's the pick he's an extremely talented QB and I'd support him because I'd support anyone who plays for this team.  I would just be more nervous with him as opposed to Mayfield in regards to longevity.  

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc and Bowels will be fired immediately after the pick. 

Not if the the Johnsons already signed off on it. I really can see woody having a issue with Rosen due to his F trump hat ?. Among other things. They may also agree Allen is too much of bust risk to take so early..

I can see them being fairly confident mayfield and also maybe darnold will be there at 3 but in that rare scenario maybe that is what Bowles was talking about “ looking at 6-7 guys “ ha

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Not if the the Johnsons already signed off on it. I really can see woody having a issue with Rosen due to his F trump hat ?. Among other things. They may also agree Allen is too much of bust risk to take so early..

I can see them being fairly confident mayfield and also maybe darnold will be there at 3 but in that rare scenario maybe that is what Bowles was talking about “ looking at 6-7 guys “ ha

QB there is no other option at 3.  Thursday night cant some soon enough for me. 

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Again with the F Trump hat?  LMAO.

Any football team not drafting a potential player based on a difference of political opinion, is insane.

And Woody ain't that concerned about a young kid with a hat...it ain't like he was disrespecting a nation with a kneel for the anthem etc.  I'm sure there are not an insignificant number of NY Jets that don't care for Trump.

It ain't an issue.

9 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Again with the F Trump hat?  LMAO.

Any football team not drafting a potential player based on a difference of political opinion, is insane.

And Woody ain't that concerned about a young kid with a hat...it ain't like he was disrespecting a nation with a kneel for the anthem etc.  I'm sure there are not an insignificant number of NY Jets that don't care for Trump.

It ain't an issue.

This is the jets man. I don’t know why people act like this is a normally run sport team franchise lol. No not just the hat, but I guarantee you woody took note of it. You can say kneeing isn’t an issue either but why is nobody touching kapernick either. The main reason is kapernick isn’t very good, but the other stuff does weigh in some. If they don’t like Rosen it’s because of his possible lack of love for game, injury/concussion history. Tie that in with what will always been a neglected Oline and that is a bad combo. But the hat is noted too lol 

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

This is the jets man. I don’t know why people act like this is a normally run sport team franchise lol. No not just the hat, but I guarantee you woody took note of it. You can say kneeing isn’t an issue either but why is nobody touching kapernick either. The main reason is kapernick isn’t very good, but the other stuff does weigh in some. If they don’t like Rosen it’s because of his possible lack of love for game, injury/concussion history. Tie that in with what will always been a neglected Oline and that is a bad combo. But the hat is noted too lol 

Kneeling is a BIG issue for a NFL QB in the league who is drawing a salary and representing a billion dollar NFL franchise...some college kid getting pictured with a F Trump hat isn't.

3 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Kneeling is a BIG issue for a NFL QB in the league who is drawing a salary and representing a billion dollar NFL franchise...some college kid getting pictured with a F Trump hat isn't.

The hat alone isn’t. But it could mean he too will kneel after he is drafted. Nobody is kneeling in college before they get drafted.. They know they could lose $$$ by dropping in draft. Our owner does work for the President, I can see woody not wanting the drama if the media baits Rosen to speak out against the president on a regular basis. Rosen does seem to be a “ I will do and say what I want “ type of player. I personally like that. 

Archived