Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

pars.jpg

Yes, please, make us look more like a manufacturer of aircraft and replacement parts.  Because that airplane profile and contrail approach is so fresh and not in use elsewhere.

SAR I

A plain word and clipart football is so much better.  Lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

"F*CKING JETS BABY!"  ??

Maybe the Jets really did get this guy his tickets. Everytime they cut to the announcers he's plugging the new uniform lol 

20190407_215120.jpg

anyone else watch Mania and notice my namesake (Randy Orton) was wearing Jets colors (black and green) last night?  and I have never seen him wear the green before.  the man's a Jets fan!!  LOL

13 hours ago, Joejet said:

You are just now replying to my March 31 post?  Are you just coming out of your stupor?  I have been a Jets and Jets only fan since 1965 so I guess that blows your “fine” weather fan theory out of the water.  I personally have no problem with him posting here and welcome his insight.  At least he adds something positive to the board.  I see you are up to 8 posts now, good for you.

I don't live on this website like you, I guess, I actually have a life, keep talking...lol...let everyone know how ignorant you really are Joejet

So the same handful of "experts" are still telling the fans who like the new uniform why they're wrong.  Why liking the uniform makes little sense and how stupid they are from a design standdpoint?  

As if liking the way something looks has a right or wrong, as if there is a way it can be proven that it shouldn't be liked.  While polls, reviews and sales prove otherwise.  Just keep arguing.   Blaming those in charge for putting out something the majority of people like.  

Its like beating your head into a wall, thinking anyone is going to wake up and say, "you're right, I don't like it anymore."

The story has gone from if most like them it's a success to if I don't like them it's a failure no matter what most think. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So the same handful of "experts" are still telling the fans who like the new uniform why they're wrong.  Why liking the uniform makes little sense and how stupid they are from a design standdpoint?  

As if liking the way something looks has a right or wrong, as if there is a way it can be proven that it shouldn't be liked.  While polls, reviews and sales prove otherwise.  Just keep arguing.   Blaming those in charge for putting out something the majority of people like.  

Its like beating your head into a wall, thinking anyone is going to wake up and say, "you're right, I don't like it anymore."

The story has gone from if most like them it's a success to if I don't like them it's a failure no matter what most think. 

And if you are being real, you would admit that on the other side, it's 3 posters who apparently are getting their feelings hurt that not everyone likes the "new/old" logo. And if you are being real, you would understand that while the majority of fans like the uniforms overall considered as a set (myself included), the majority of fans do not like the helmet logo when considered on its own. 

In terms of liking something that has a right or wrong I offer you this analogy. The local college decides to put on an instrumental concert featuring the best works Vivaldi, Beethoven and Bach. You attend the concert. At the end you say "that was really nice, I really enjoyed that". Next to you is a music teacher who points out that while the sound was nice, whoever arranged the pieces got the styles of the various time frames completely wrong. Long story short, it's entirely possible for people to like something that is also technically wrong. Shouting "I DON'T CARE, I STILL THOUGHT IT SOUNDED GREAT" doesn't make the music teacher any less right in pointing out the flaws just like vice versa the music teacher likely couldn't change your opinion on what you heard based on errors in technique. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What's the difference between the Limited ($150) and the Authentic ($??)

Thanks.

SAR I

It seems to me that the Limited are very nice option with twill numbers. When I looked up authentic it was all throwback jerseys and Elite seems to be the highest quality but are ridiculously expensive at over $300. I would go with the Limited as they are really nice and not too expensive, in fact I just ordered one of the "old" ones. 

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thanks.

SAR I

Limited has stitched numbers for 150.  The jersey fabric is also better than a game jersey.  If you want elite which is not available yet, its $300+ with a more snug fit and much shorter sleeves.

• Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

Part-time graphic artists shilling for more freelance work.  The more examples they put up the greater the odds that they get a Cartoon Network blandishment gig or land the next Utz campaign.

SAR I

LMAOOOOOO you're such an a$$hole.  

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thanks.

SAR I

Authentic is usually heavier weight, higher quality materials and $100-$150 more. It's closer to the player's version but not exact.

Have not seen them in Jets anywhere yet, however you can find them for another team and compare via the product description write ups.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Limited has stitched numbers for 150.  The jersey fabric is also better than a game jersey.  If you want elite which is not available yet, its $300+ with a more snug fit and much shorter sleeves.

Thanks everyone. Shorter sleeves are a must (the long sleeves will look particularly awkward on the new jersey’s). 

SAR I

37 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

LMAOOOOOO you're such an a$$hole.  

E4-C4-AFC7-CD10-4-EAA-82-C6-2-C217-C5725

BREAKING:  Jets encouraging freelancers to submit new helmet logo renderings based on this design. Jets open to renaming the team “Spaceplanes”. 

More on this emerging story later.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

And if you are being real, you would admit that on the other side, it's 3 posters who apparently are getting their feelings hurt that not everyone likes the "new/old" logo. And if you are being real, you would understand that while the majority of fans like the uniforms overall considered as a set (myself included), the majority of fans do not like the helmet logo when considered on its own. 

In terms of liking something that has a right or wrong I offer you this analogy. The local college decides to put on an instrumental concert featuring the best works Vivaldi, Beethoven and Bach. You attend the concert. At the end you say "that was really nice, I really enjoyed that". Next to you is a music teacher who points out that while the sound was nice, whoever arranged the pieces got the styles of the various time frames completely wrong. Long story short, it's entirely possible for people to like something that is also technically wrong. Shouting "I DON'T CARE, I STILL THOUGHT IT SOUNDED GREAT" doesn't make the music teacher any less right in pointing out the flaws just like vice versa the music teacher likely couldn't change your opinion on what you heard based on errors in technique. 

The majority like the uniform.  The majority have no problem with the helmet.  Every NFLN show, every ESPN show, every retired player on each alone with all their shows absolutely loved the helmets.  Boomer talked about the helmet being the best part of the change.  SNY people loved the helmet best.  So yeah, I'm real about it.  BTW those that are happy or even OK with the changes aren't bashing or telling people that in their professional opinions the design is great.  That it follows imaginary rules of design.  Because it wouldn't make sense.  The majority doesn't need to come up with reasons they're right.  Especially when there are no technical reasons why they're wonder.  Pure BS.  It's not music with rules.  It's subjective and it's done with, sorry

5 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Authentic is usually heavier weight, higher quality materials and $100-$150 more. It's closer to the player's version but not exact.

Have not seen them in Jets anywhere yet, however you can find them for another team and compare via the product description write ups.

Man I have almost bought the limited jersey like 3 times but I talked with Nike and they didnt know when the elite version was coming out yet but that it will indeed come. They said that they usually come out just a little after the others and should be in all colors. I have never bought the Elite but I bet it will be great. I am a little curious how the short sleeve will look but in all honesty the ones that i have seen people wearing (game) look ******* great. All colors. The new jersey has really grown on me, i like it.

It's all about personal choice. Like it or not its the new logo. I will not be replacing everything I own NY Jets with the old logo on it some expensive items neon lights, winter coats etc. I purchased 2 shirts and a hat with the new logo. more than likely my jerseys will come from a knock off site if at all. it could have been worse it could have been better. Its more about wining a Super Bowl here for me. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The majority like the uniform.  The majority have no problem with the helmet.  Every NFLN show, every ESPN show, every retired player on each alone with all their shows absolutely loved the helmets.  Boomer talked about the helmet being the best part of the change.  SNY people loved the helmet best.  So yeah, I'm real about it.  BTW those that are happy or even OK with the changes aren't bashing or telling people that in their professional opinions the design is great.  That it follows imaginary rules of design.  Because it wouldn't make sense.  The majority doesn't need to come up with reasons they're right.  Especially when there are no technical reasons why they're wonder.  Pure BS.  It's not music with rules.  It's subjective and it's done with, sorry

Keep talking about generalities and claiming you've won all you want. I like the uniforms, I like the helmet, I don't like the logo. I can voice that opinion as can others. There was a poll on this very site regarding the logo specifically pre-reveal with over 100 votes and the people who voted disliked the logo by an 80-20 spread. 

There are absolutely logo design "rules" just as there are in music, just because you don't know about them does not mean they don't exist. The posters weren't even talking about this new logo in terms of rules, it was the old one that it was based on anyway. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Man I have almost bought the limited jersey like 3 times but I talked with Nike and they didnt know when the elite version was coming out yet but that it will indeed come. They said that they usually come out just a little after the others and should be in all colors. I have never bought the Elite but I bet it will be great. I am a little curious how the short sleeve will look but in all honesty the ones that i have seen people wearing (game) look ******* great. All colors. The new jersey has really grown on me, i like it.

When you put it on it feels funny as hell.  It feels very weird to have your upper arm/bicep exposed.  Almost made me feel like I bought a defective one, lol.  But you get by that quickly and the overall feel of the jersey makes you not want to buy anything else.    I bought a white limited and holding out for a black Elite.  For all the money an "elite" costs, I go custom.  I am not spending all that money to have a player leave the team or turn out to be an under performer.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Keep talking about generalities and claiming you've won all you want. I like the uniforms, I like the helmet, I don't like the logo. I can voice that opinion as can others. There was a poll on this very site regarding the logo specifically pre-reveal with over 100 votes and the people who voted disliked the logo by an 80-20 spread. 

There are absolutely logo design "rules" just as there are in music, just because you don't know about them does not mean they don't exist. The posters weren't even talking about this new logo in terms of rules, it was the old one that it was based on anyway. 

Who has claimed to win anything?  You're carrying on about rules.  You're a designer?  Designed how many pro uniforms?  College? 

You can voice your complaints all you want. Scream from the trees.  Just don't tell me about some half assed meaningless poll, 1 vs the overwhelming who like it, and this insistence that you just know the rules have been broken or better yet the nonsense about clip art.  Especially coming from those who want party of an old logo from the 80s added over a one inch football, as if it would make a drastic difference. 

You don't any or party of the change fine.  Just don't get uppity claiming you're backed by some made up rules that makes the minority who haven't stopped complaining right on any level other than they just don't like it. 

Argue that all you want but I'm done.  It's opinion, if you don't get that, sorry

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Keep talking about generalities and claiming you've won all you want. I like the uniforms, I like the helmet, I don't like the logo. 

B1-E96-FE3-E131-4-C87-9-FC3-51-C9-E9-B48

Maybe it's just me, but if this is a contest and someone has "won" I think this image says it all, no?

SAR I

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who has claimed to win anything?  You're carrying on about rules.  You're a designer?  Designed how many pro uniforms?  College? 

You can voice your complaints all you want. Scream from the trees.  Just don't tell me about some half assed meaningless poll, 1 vs the overwhelming who like it, and this insistence that you just know the rules have been broken or better yet the nonsense about clip art.  Especially coming from those who want party of an old logo from the 80s added over a one inch football, as if it would make a drastic difference. 

You don't any or party of the change fine.  Just don't get uppity claiming you're backed by some made up rules that makes the minority who haven't stopped complaining right on any level other than they just don't like it. 

Argue that all you want but I'm done.  It's opinion, if you don't get that, sorry

LOL...okay a poll on this site, with results from actual Jets fans, is less important than some "majority" that you are conjuring including "Every NFLN show, every ESPN show, every retired player" as if any of those people were asked about the logo specifically and were not talking about the uniforms or helmets in general. This is so over your head you don't even understand what the conversation is about. 

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I have owned a few authentics in the past, but when Reebok made them.

The limited is good enough for me.

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

LOL...okay a poll on this site, with results from actual Jets fans, is less important than some "majority" that you are conjuring including "Every NFLN show, every ESPN show, every retired player" as if any of those people were asked about the logo specifically and were not talking about the uniforms or helmets in general. This is so over your head you don't even understand what the conversation is about. 

A poll vs many polls, yes, it's one small poll.   Yes stick with that argument, one poll over all the others.  And as an aside, the poll here, nothing but Jets fans, the majority liked the uniform over those who didn't. Here or national polls. Same as a few people vs the majority of people.  Most people like them.  It's just the way it is.  What's the argument?

• Thumb Down 1

Nike Vapor Elite: 

Details
  • Product ID: 3308141
  • Material: 100% Recycled Polyester
  • Chainmaille Mesh Grill at front neck and back seam lines inspired by the authentic on-field jersey
  • Zone stretch fabric for enhanced movement
  • Authentic on-field jersey of the pros
  • Stitched tackle twill name and numbers
  • Mesh side panels for extra breathability
  • Elastic sleeve band for an authentic look
  • Metallic-effect NFL shield at collar
  • Laser-cut satin twill woven jock tag
  • Officially licensed
  • Imported
  • Brand: Nike

Nike Vapor Limited:

Details
  • Product ID: 3296919
  • Fit: Men's Nike Limited Jerseys fit true to size. We recommend ordering one size larger than you normally wear for a looser fit or up two sizes if you plan on layering underneath the jersey.
  • Material: 100% Recycled Polyester – Body; 100% Polyester – Front Inset
  • Dri-FIT ® technology wicks away moisture
  • Embroidered fabric applique
  • NFL shield at collar
  • Jock tag, bottom left hem
  • Screen print stripes on sleeves
  • Neck taping
  • Machine wash, tumble dry low
  • Tagless Collar
  • Officially licensed
  • Imported
  • Brand: Nike

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This is just a layer cake of splendid irony.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1