Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

7 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Authentic is usually heavier weight, higher quality materials and $100-$150 more. It's closer to the player's version but not exact.

Have not seen them in Jets anywhere yet, however you can find them for another team and compare via the product description write ups.

I believe authentic ARE the actual on-field player jerseys except that they’re cut differently (ex. not intended to fit over equipment, shoulder pads, etc) and may not have certain extra reinforcements like double/triple stitching, etc. I’d want an official answer by I know this is essentially how it used to be done. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I believe authentic ARE the actual on-field player jerseys except that they’re cut differently (ex. not intended to fit over equipment, shoulder pads, etc) and may not have certain extra reinforcements like double/triple stitching, etc. I’d want an official answer by I know this is essentially how it used to be done. 

Description does say  "Authentic on-field jersey of the pros" but as you mentioned, there are some differences.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is just a layer cake of splendid irony.

Sure it is.  Let's cloud the fact that most like the uniform and argue incessantly about how won't they are to like it. 

Then talk about irony. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure it is.  Let's cloud the fact that most like the uniform and argue incessantly about how won't they are to like it. 

Then talk about irony. 

You missed the point. Unsurprisingly. Smooches.

• Haha 2

On 4/6/2019 at 7:44 PM, SAR I said:

0-C3-B3435-DAA1-451-B-A13-F-F7-EB82-DF53

Agreed. And Sam and Jamal love the new logo.  And the Concorde doesn't fly anymore.

SAR I

I hated the redesigned logo originally but it is growing on me now.  There's one thing I don't get though.  I am by no means a graphic design guy (R&D/Training Guy in the Cable Industry) but If you look at the football design there was a lot of room for a plane/jet design in  the laces itself.  If they would have just made those laces a little bit longer and shorter in certain areas there would definitely be a plane/jet representation considering the ball is separated length wise.  head on view of a jet through the laces...... Am I crazy?

jets.png

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I hated the redesigned logo originally but it is growing on me now.  There's one thing I don't get though.  I am by no means a graphic design guy (R&D/Training Guy in the Cable Industry) but If you look at the football design there was a lot of room for a plane/jet design in  the laces itself.  If they would have just made those laces a little bit longer and shorter in certain areas there would definitely be a plane/jet representation considering the ball is separated length wise.  head on view of a jet through the laces...... Am I crazy?

jets.png

You're not crazy.  It's just that the Jets and Nike thought it was uneccessary.  If there are 5 guys complaining today about wanting a silly airplane on the helmet you'd have 500 guys complaining today how the airplane looks silly.

Our logo has always been a sentence, and today its still the same sentence.  To anyone in the USA, Mexico, China, or 100's of other countries, the logo says "New York Jets Football".  There is nothing more pure than that.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

It’s an XFL Jersey.  Some people like XFL jerseys.

It's funny that even with something like this you generally have the same folks on either side of the debate. This could be a debate about the merit of safety at 6 and it'd be basically the same teams.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

It’s worth noting that the Jets are the only NFL team with a “sentence” in their logos.  Generally, my understanding was that logos were supposed visual representations of the team - a shorthand, even.

Exactly...funny he mentions China and Mexico. To the average person from those countries who have no idea what the NFL is our "sentence" actually reads: "Gibberish Gibberish  GIBBERISH  (picture of a taco? hamburger? clam shell? pistachio? male reproductive organ from top view?)" MAYBE they understand "New York" but the rest remains the same. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

It’s worth noting that the Jets are the only NFL team with a “sentence” in their logos.  Generally, my understanding was that logos were supposed visual representations of the team - a shorthand, even.

You are making way too much sense.  Please stop.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're not crazy.  It's just that the Jets and Nike thought it was uneccessary.  If there are 5 guys complaining today about wanting a silly airplane on the helmet you'd have 500 guys complaining today how the airplane looks silly.

Our logo has always been a sentence, and today its still the same sentence.  To anyone in the USA, Mexico, China, or 100's of other countries, the logo says "New York Jets Football".  There is nothing more pure than that.

SAR I

You and the other two stooges can keep dragging on and on about some mysterious "majority" but the results speak for themselves 103 - 31, not even close....some would call that a massacre: 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

It's funny that even with something like this you generally have the same folks on either side of the debate. This could be a debate about the merit of safety at 6 and it'd be basically the same teams.

Imagine that’s because a handful of people basically just backfill their opinions based on the principle that “whatever the Jets do, is good.”

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Imagine that’s because a handful of people basically just backfill their opinions based on the principle that “whatever the Jets do, is good.”

If what you say is accurate, and I'm not disagreeing, is this some kind of tendency towards conformity or pack mentality?

2 hours ago, CTM said:

If what you say is accurate, and I'm not disagreeing, is this some kind of tendency towards conformity or pack mentality?

Conformity of thought - probably best explained by warding off dissonance.

If we're looking at this really objectively.  These aren't NFL uniforms.  They don't look like any other NFL uniforms.  They look like XFL or HS uniforms.  Mostly, they look like a product designed to sell to 18-30-year-olds.  They have harsher lines, brighter/bolder colors.  And what a shock, that's exactly what Nike is in the business of doing.  The design shows a complete lack of care for or interest in the New York Jets.  It's a product, and the Jets will advertise it. This design has Nike written all over it.  A minor change wouldn't sell en-mass to 18-30-year-olds.  And hey, I like Nike.  But I don't look for the same thing in my running shoes that I do in the Jets overall look.  And the number one goal of this uniform is to sell it, nothing to do with football.

Admitting they're bad though, that's admitting that they Jets did it very wrong (wrong, at least, in the sense of creating a football jersey, not a product.) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

You and the other two stooges can keep dragging on and on about some mysterious "majority" but the results speak for themselves 103 - 31, not even close....some would call that a massacre: 

On a message board where Mets fans battle each other over who can whine the most and won’t pay for $20 seats to Jets games?  Shocker. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Or, on our own we saw the new Jets uniforms and really like the way they look.  

Partial credit must go to the Microsoft Paint Brigade as it’s also a bit of relief after all the ugly homebrew renderings we were bombarded with for the past 8 months. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Or, on our own we saw the new Jets uniforms and really like the way they look.  

Partial credit must go to the Microsoft Paint Brigade as it’s also a bit of relief after all the ugly homebrew renderings we were bombarded with for the past 8 months. 

SAR I

Nah - Change these to teal and orange with Miami across the chest and we'd be unanimously mocking them as XFL jerseys.

But I don't expect that someone who compared Woody Johnson to Lincoln to criticize a Jets business decision.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Nah - Change these to teal and orange with Miami across the chest and we'd be unanimously mocking them as XFL jerseys.

But I don't expect that someone who compared Woody Johnson to Lincoln to criticize a Jets business decision.

Chis Johnson called them badass. Lol. They used Billy ****ing Joel as a "New York inspiration." Ugh. If they wanted badass, they should've been listening to the Ramones 24/7 in a room covered with pictures of 1970's Times Square. This is candy-ass. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Chis Johnson called them badass. Lol. They used Billy ****ing Joel as a "New York inspiration." Ugh. If they wanted badass, they should've been listening to the Ramones 24/7 in a room covered with pictures of 1970's Times Square. This is candy-ass. 

I can't really post gifs at work, but they are badass in that Steve Buschemi "how do you do, fellow kids" kind of way.

Also, I have no objection to Billy Joel, but in the final product, what exactly screams Billy Joel?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Wow, thanks to your wisdom and insight I’ve been saved! I thought I just liked the new uniform. Little did I realize that me and all the others that feel that way are just brainwashed sheep doing the Johnson family’s bidding. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Is there any truth to this? I feel like they just didn't like the dumb plane logo and changed it to Jets. Then they tried the jets plus plane and that sucked too.

I've come to accept this new one but I have never nor has any other jet fan ever told me that the log was a sentence, nore have i ever even referred to the jets in anyway as "New York Jets Football". I have heard by broadcaster New Work Giants football, or the the New York Giants football team.... but not with us.

Could have been used more before my time, but I am 50/50 on if you just made that up. The helmet does not say NY Jets Football, why wouldn't it have the NY in there if that sentence thing was true?

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

On a message board where Mets fans battle each other over who can whine the most and won’t pay for $20 seats to Jets games?  Shocker. 

SAR I

Pre release poll.

Cited a poll here, didn't check how the vote went.  Polls everywhere where fans like them.  The self centered call all those of us who like the uniforms stooges for some reason.  Id rather be a stooge than the one telling all that they're wrong for liking something.  over and over and over again.  How lame is that

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pre release poll.

Cited a poll here, didn't check how the vote went.  Polls everywhere where fans like them.  The self centered call all those of us who like the uniforms stooges for some reason.  Id rather be a stooge than the one telling all that they're wrong for liking something.  over and over and over again.  How lame is that

Let me try a different tact since you clearly have no understanding of what is being discussed. Please answer these questions in a yes or no format:

1) Is a logo the same thing as a uniform? Yes or No. 

2) Is it possible to dislike one aspect of something but still like the way something looks as a whole? Yes or No.

3) Is it possible to dislike a logo but still like a uniform as a whole? Yes or No. 

4) If someone likes the uniform does that mean they like the logo? Yes or No. Vice versa, if someone likes the logo does that mean they have to like the uniform? Yes or No.

5) In a discussion about a logo, does citing polls regarding uniforms have any relevance? Yes or No. 

I've never called "all those" who like the uniforms stooges, I've also never said anyone was wrong for liking something, especially not "over and over again". If I did any of these things, I'm sure it will be easy enough for you to quote the posts where I did that.

45 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Is there any truth to this? I feel like they just didn't like the dumb plane logo and changed it to Jets. Then they tried the jets plus plane and that sucked too.

I've come to accept this new one but I have never nor has any other jet fan ever told me that the log was a sentence, nore have i ever even referred to the jets in anyway as "New York Jets Football". I have heard by broadcaster New Work Giants football, or the the New York Giants football team.... but not with us.

Could have been used more before my time, but I am 50/50 on if you just made that up. The helmet does not say NY Jets Football, why wouldn't it have the NY in there if that sentence thing was true?

There is no truth to any of SAR's posts in this thread...yet you have Jet Nut and Brooklyn lapping it up like little puppy dogs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I

7 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Let me try a different tact since you clearly have no understanding of what is being discussed. Please answer these questions in a yes or no format:

1) Is a logo the same thing as a uniform? Yes or No. 

2) Is it possible to dislike one aspect of something but still like the way something looks as a whole? Yes or No.

3) Is it possible to dislike a logo but still like a uniform as a whole? Yes or No. 

4) If someone likes the uniform does that mean they like the logo? Yes or No. Vice versa, if someone likes the logo does that mean they have to like the uniform? Yes or No.

5) In a discussion about a logo, does citing polls regarding uniforms have any relevance? Yes or No. 

I've never called "all those" who like the uniforms stooges, I've also never said anyone was wrong for liking something, especially not "over and over again". If I did any of these things, I'm sure it will be easy enough for you to quote the posts where I did that.

Stop whining you've reached the pathetic level.

Plus why are you talking to me.  I've told you numbers times.  I like them.  You don't.  You're not going to convince me or anyone else to change their mind but you can't stop crying about a uniform most like.  Get it?

End this, I'm done responding to you and your hurt over a uniform

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Wow, thanks to your wisdom and insight I’ve been saved! I thought I just liked the new uniform. Little did I realize that me and all the others that feel that way are just brainwashed sheep doing the Johnson family’s bidding. 

If you like the majority of the moves this team has made over the past 5-years, despite being objectively one of the worst teams in football over that time, and you also like the uniforms and the logo, there's a good chance you are, indeed, a brainwashed sheep.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1