Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

20 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

You youngens.   Our logo is the classiest in the NFL. Hands down!   :) 

The jets are competing with the giants for market share.  The giants are already the traditional team in new york and that isn’t changing.  The jets have to go in another direction.  The uniform and logo are really dated.  Stop living in the past.

• Upvote 1

I genuinely wouldn't hate any of what is being described, but it just sounds to me like someone looked at the practice jerseys, the concepts that have floated around, the color green featured in the video with Jamal the other day, and said: "F*ck it, let's make something up that sounds logical for karma points on Reddit."

In fact, the alternate uniform, literally, matches the description of this idea I had in a conversation with someone on Twitter the other day, just adding in the idea of a Jet Plane logo:

Screenshot_20181228-183334.thumb.png.804012860ee2f3105234c98926617a23.pngScreenshot_20181228-183344.thumb.png.b1e6d10cb94ffc22441341ae2000b587.png

Personally, I think it would look absolutely awesome, but I'm not gonna definitively react to anything unofficial when it comes to this subject.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol I don’t buy Jets merchandise either way. I haven’t bought a single Jet item since 2011. I refuse to give my money to baffoons who can’t fix the franchise. But I will at least offer my opinion on the logo..

It just seems plain. It’s an oval with a word in it. Nothing more, nothing less. Not saying that the Jet fighter is wonderful but I hope that the new logo is actually refreshing and easy on the eyes

Image result for bears helmet

Image result for giants helmet

Image result for current packers helmet

NEAT CLEAN 

28 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Yikes. Not sure about adopting black as one of our primary colors. Looks like a weak attempt at being “edgy”. 

This is a big reason why I believe that this is mostly bullsh*t.  I'm almost 95% sure that teams are required by the league to have a "light" uniform for away games.  We can't wear green at home and black on the road because some teams have colors, such as the Seahawks, Raiders, Ravens, Jaguars, New England, etc. that would make it physically impossible to distinguish the teams on the field at game speed.  All of those teams I just listed have a "light" away uniform.  Unless this person conveniently forgot to mention that white or gray is in the color scheme as well, this just sounds fake.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

This is a big reason why I believe that this is mostly bullsh*t.  I'm almost 95% sure that teams are required by the league have a "light" uniform for away games.  We can't wear green at home and black on the road because some teams have colors, such as the Seahawks, Raiders, Ravens, Jaguars, New England, etc. that would make it physically impossible to distinguish the teams on the field at game speed.  All of those teams I just listed have a "light" away uniform.

It’ll probably be combos of Black, Green and White. Like Jags have black, blue and white. And mix and match them. 

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

It’ll probably be combos of Black, Green and White. Like Jags have black, blue and white. And mix and match them. 

I would agree with that.  However, there is no mention of white, gray, or any third shade, which is what I believe the actual uniform will have.  This Reddit post just sounds incredibly fake.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

We're, literally, named after Jets planes.

A boring oval with "NY" and the italicized spelling of our team name is just that.  Boring.

What's wrong with a boring and plain logo? The interlocked NY I guess would be boring, but it's classic.

The Jets current uniforms and logo are a hodgepodge of different design elements that don't really make sense together.

They are familiar though, so people confuse them for simple.  They aren't simple. They have crap going on over the place.  It's actually very possible that the new uniforms will be much more simplistic than the current ones, but since they will be different most will not like them. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, viffer said:

Disagree.  This is entertainment.  Football, like all professional sports, exist because of their entertainment value.  Stop entertaining the fans, and the sport goes away...

So you think the uniform choice entertains the fans or people in general?  Regardless if the team fails to win a game? Ok 

Do you by any chance go to games with your face in your I-Phone all game long too? 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

This was found on twitter through a Jets fanpage handle. This could very easily be BS as it is from reddit but the description sort of matches what I thought they would do, except for logo being symbol (Jet) rather than spelled out Jets logo. 

Let the whining begin! 

IMG_8918.JPG.png

IMG_8919.JPG.png

That sounds absolutely horrible to me.  Luckily, I'm pretty sure this is all BS designed to get Jet fans upset.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

So you think the uniform choice entertains the fans or people in general?  Regardless if the team fails to win a game? Ok 

Do you by any chance go to games with your face in your I-Phone all game long too? 

I don't care about people in general when it comes to the team; I care about the fans.  But I watch games to be entertained; if they switch to better looking uniforms then it will be more entertaining, or at least something new.

I would never own a crappy iPhone.  And I've been a diehard Jet fan for half a century.  Because of my job I currently live in Boston, and wear a Jets shirt to work when they are playing the Patsies.  So please don't try to "out fan" me.  I've been a suffering Jet fan for almost 50 years.  Please just respect that I have a different opinion than you.  Doesn't make me better than you or vice versa.

• Upvote 2