Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

On 11/20/2018 at 9:13 PM, Butterfield said:

The titans have mythological items (references to swords, etc), the patriots have a representation of a patriot and a flag and are mostly red, white and blue.  The dolphins have a dolphin.  The seahawks have a seahawk.  The giants and packers logos suck too.  

Yeah all your examples preview that a Jet isn't literal enough.  Not like a head becomes a Patriot.  

That you think the Packers, Giants, Jets and apparently any classic uniform sucks says it all though. 

I doubt they go with black.   Not a fan of that anyway, they tried the black accents a while back and it didn’t look good.  Like others have said, I expect some gray with green accents.  Oregon has some cool grays with their green.  Looked really good.  

The black will show how slow we are

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

I doubt they go with black.   Not a fan of that anyway, they tried the black accents a while back and it didn’t look good.  Like others have said, I expect some gray with green accents.  Oregon has some cool grays with their green.  Looked really good.  

Canadian football league.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a Jets fan, but I LOVE the 80's kelly green...and I don't usually like a logo that is in fact a word....but the JETS in that angled wing font was a pretty cool logo....seems big time new york like instead of smller town military base type.  I remember watching the Jets and mark gastinueau destroy my Chiefs in teh 86 wild card wearing those uniforms and I always thought they looked really sharp in those.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:30 PM, Fantasy Island said:

It's time for the Lions to quit being on TV on Thanksgiving.  Most boring game ever.

And the poor London fans keep having to see Jacksonville.  If the NFL is going to try to market the game overseas, WTF are they thinking with that?  I don't really care about marketing the game overseas btw but it's not a great incentive to wake up early to watch the game when it's Jax.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And the poor London fans keep having to see Jacksonville.  If the NFL is going to try to market the game overseas, WTF are they thinking with that?  I don't really care about marketing the game overseas btw but it's not a great incentive to wake up early to watch the game when it's Jax.

Those fans are used to soccer games and the most boring NFL game is more exciting than the most exciting soccer game.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm not a Jets fan, but I LOVE the 80's kelly green...and I don't usually like a logo that is in fact a word....but the JETS in that angled wing font was a pretty cool logo....seems big time new york like instead of smller town military base type.  I remember watching the Jets and mark gastinueau destroy my Chiefs in teh 86 wild card wearing those uniforms and I always thought they looked really sharp in those.

The Jets wore white that day, they used to wear white at home from 1985-1989.

I agree on the logo, I love the 80s logo.  Where I disagree is on the lighter green, I hate it and when I see it I see losers.  I know we have sucked most of this decade but since going to the darker green in 1998(21 seasons) we have made the playoffs 7 times, won 7 playoff games, been in 3 AFC Championship Games, won our only 2 AFC East titles, had 13 seasons of .500 or better and had 8 losing seasons(w/ 3 coming these last 3 years).  From 1970(the 1st yr of the merger) through 1997(28 seasons) in the lighter green the Jets made the playoffs 5 times, won won 3 playoff games, made 1 conf championship Game, won zero division titles, 12 seasons at .500 or better and 16 losing seasons.

I wish we'd go w/ the 80s style uni w/ the current darker green.

18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The Jets wore white that day, they used to wear white at home from 1985-1989.

I agree on the logo, I love the 80s logo.  Where I disagree is on the lighter green, I hate it and when I see it I see losers.  I know we have sucked most of this decade but since going to the darker green in 1998(21 seasons) we have made the playoffs 7 times, won 7 playoff games, been in 3 AFC Championship Games, won our only 2 AFC East titles, had 13 seasons of .500 or better and had 8 losing seasons(w/ 3 coming these last 3 years).  From 1970(the 1st yr of the merger) through 1997(28 seasons) in the lighter green the Jets made the playoffs 5 times, won won 3 playoff games, made 1 conf championship Game, won zero division titles, 12 seasons at .500 or better and 16 losing seasons.

I wish we'd go w/ the 80s style uni w/ the current darker green.

I feel that the dark green is drab. I'm partial to the 80's uniform/logo, however I really like the current uniforms with the color rush variant  (minus the shiny helmet logo) better than the normal hunter(?) green.

Only time will tell if the new uniforms will be some garish abomination or a breath of fresh air.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Packers,Bears,Raiders,Jets simple uniforms that look good this is football not a fashion show. 

I like the Jets uniform however I'm glad they are changing it. To me it's a symbol of disappointment and incompetence.  Even if the new uniforms aren't great I will still welcome the new look. Best example: The Partiots! Their old red, white and blue uniform with the patriot hiking the ball far exceeds their current uniform, but I associate their current uniform with winning! 

If Darnold develops and we have the right management team along with a new look, it would be a great new chapter to look forward to!

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

That likely means they're going with some sort of black uniform. That shade of green pops against black a lot more than the current shade does.

Not going to be black.  Going to be gray, green and white.   The whole black accents is outdated, look at the recent Nike alternative units in college, very little black unless the schools primary color is black.  Lots of grays, with brighter numbers and accents.  

11 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Ok so as far as I know, if you are changing colors on your uniforms the league needs 5 years notice....so we are not changing colors.  We may add a color but our main colors are and will be green and white.  

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/one-jets-drive-creating-the-new-jets-uniforms

about the 40 second mark in, the guy says they have started on this project in 2014. also at the 50 second mark the guy says "it's such a BOLD CHANGE"/ That would mean that they NFL could have been informed within that 5 year period.

I would say that it wouldn't be out of the question to change colors, but I don't think there will be an abandonment from green. Probably add a color as you said. The part that caught my attention, and I can't remember exactly where I heard/read it, was that they wanted or were going to add something from the "Titans" era. So does that mean add a blue? or a yellow (surely not - we're not green bay) maybe a neon yellow similar to oregon?

Going to be interesting to see what it is.

26 minutes ago, Stark said:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/one-jets-drive-creating-the-new-jets-uniforms

about the 40 second mark in, the guy says they have started on this project in 2014. also at the 50 second mark the guy says "it's such a BOLD CHANGE"/ That would mean that they NFL could have been informed within that 5 year period.

I would say that it wouldn't be out of the question to change colors, but I don't think there will be an abandonment from green. Probably add a color as you said. The part that caught my attention, and I can't remember exactly where I heard/read it, was that they wanted or were going to add something from the "Titans" era. So does that mean add a blue? or a yellow (surely not - we're not green bay) maybe a neon yellow similar to oregon?

Going to be interesting to see what it is.

I can see the "bold" change to a fighter jet inspired logo and color accents as opposed to the airliner jet wing from the 80's.  It's been mentioned before that jet travel doesn't have the same cachet now that it did when the team was named in the 60's.  A military theme could be a big money maker, although I'd rather not see it.  

The TItans stuff is such a stretch. Does anyone really care about the Titans of New York and their glorious history?  When they added the Titans throwbacks some time ago, I thought it was a missed opportunity to satisfy that portion of the fanbase that really likes the 80's uniforms. I imagine that those people on this board who are opposed to going back to the 80's logo/colors wouldn't mind them as a once or twice a year throwback...

• Upvote 2

Just now, teptep said:

I can see the "bold" change to a fighter jet inspired logo and color accents as opposed to the airliner jet wing from the 80's.  It's been mentioned before that jet travel doesn't have the same cache now that it did when the team was named in the 60's.  A military theme could be a big money maker, although I'd rather not see it.  

The TItans stuff is such a stretch. Does anyone really care about the Titans of New York and their glorious history?  When they added the Titans throwbacks some time ago, I thought it was a missed opportunity to satisfy that portion of the fanbase that really likes the 80's uniforms. I imagine that those people on this board who are opposed to going back to the 80's logo/colors wouldn't mind them as a once or twice a year throwback...

A fighter jet will definitely offend people, not happening. 

8 minutes ago, teptep said:

I can see the "bold" change to a fighter jet inspired logo and color accents as opposed to the airliner jet wing from the 80's.  It's been mentioned before that jet travel doesn't have the same cachet now that it did when the team was named in the 60's.  A military theme could be a big money maker, although I'd rather not see it.  

Along with the black QB practice jerseys, there's been video of the Jets practicing in uniforms with an urban camo pattern on the numbers. I think a military theme is coming. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, teptep said:

I feel that the dark green is drab. I'm partial to the 80's uniform/logo, however I really like the current uniforms with the color rush variant  (minus the shiny helmet logo) better than the normal hunter(?) green.

Only time will tell if the new uniforms will be some garish abomination or a breath of fresh air.

I'm guessing they will go back to lighter green, hopefully not too light. I just prefer the darker one, to me they symbolize the greatest stretch in team history (1998-2010) but I think I'm in the minority.  We'll see in a few months, I hope it's not a crazy change like TB

52 minutes ago, slats said:

Along with the black QB practice jerseys, there's been video of the Jets practicing in uniforms with an urban camo pattern on the numbers. I think a military theme is coming. 

That is the "salute to service" campaign for the month of November, if I remember correctly. Cancer awareness is October. This month is the "My cause, My cleats"  

I dont see a Military theme coming based on this.

1 hour ago, teptep said:

I am just saying what I heard/read. I like most here am totally guessing based on what we hear and read. The video the JETS put out with Chris Johnson and Office staff at Nike's headquarters makes it even more murky to decipher.

When I look at this video it kind of makes me feel that they will totally change up our look.  The fact that everyone is excited but not nervous is worrisome.  I hope we like it BUT it wont matter.  When you are a winning team, your jerseys look better.   The Seahawks are an example of that.  Heck, even the Patriots were ridiculed after they made their changes many moons ago.    

• Upvote 1