Patriot Killa

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Darnold was special today. Especially great to hear is that he is:

1. Calling out the defense

2. Making adjustments at the LOS

3. Really effective at play action

4. By far the best of the QBs out of the pocket, which is critical in Bates "Denver WC" offense

5. Does not make same mistake twice

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Getting excited about Cannon.  Love to see him do for the Run game what Anderson did for the Passing game.............Off field drama excluded

The #3 RB job is being served up to him on a golden platter!  With Rawls hurt and dropping passes, and McGuire out until sometime in September there's an easy path for Cannon to not only make the 53-man roster but to significantly contribute.

The player comparison that immediately comes to mind for me is Leon Washington.  Not drafted extremely high and contributed immediately in the return and RB game.  I met Leon at the NFL Rookie Premiere event right after he was drafted, great guy and he became one of my favorite Jets.  Unfortunately, I was also at the Jets @ Raiders game when he broke his leg.  Remember that, @WestCoastOffensive ?  Very significant game for a number of reasons as well....Jets actually shutout the Raiders that game on the road and it was the infamous Sanchez hot dog game. lol

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The #3 RB job is being served up to him on a golden platter!  With Rawls hurt and dropping passes, and McGuire out until sometime in September there's an easy path for Canon to not only make the 53-man roster but to significantly contribute.

The player comparison that immediately comes to mind for me is Leon Washington.  Not drafted extremely high and contributed immediately in the return and RB game.  I met Leon at the NFL Rookie Premiere event right after he was drafted, great guy and he became one of my favorite Jets.  Unfortunately, I was also at the Jets @ Raiders game when he broke his leg.  Remember that, @WestCoastOffensive ?  Very significant game for a number of reasons as well....Jets actually shutout the Raiders that game on the road and it was the infamous Sanchez hot dog game. lol

And my jaw dropped when Revis jumped over his guy for the interception in the end zone.

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

4. By far the best of the QBs out of the pocket, which is critical in Bates "Denver WC" offense

He seems to be getting better every day. I remember reading or hearing that he was the most efficient QB out of the top few in the Red zone and that showed today. How often over the past dozen QBs have we driven down the field only to settle for field goals? 

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Man, ⁦@Connor_J_Hughes⁩ looks even younger this year

Djnw2WnXsAANb0Q.jpg

“Mr.Bowles, why do you make my family spend their hard earned money to watch you call time outs with 10:45 left in the 1st quarter?”

”Mr. Bowles, can I have my happiness back?”

31 minutes ago, flgreen said:

2-for-2...Darnold rolls out and hits Walford in the back of the EZ for a TD.

And another one. Darnold to Walford for TD. Play-action rollout. Walford was wide open. Darnold cooking. #Jets

Great mobility from Darnold rolling out and hitting a wideopen Walford in the back of the endzone...offense having some fun, players fired up #JetsCamp #Jets

Wow. Really impressive touch pass from Darnold to Dimitri Flowers for touchdown. Play-action fake. Flowers snuck into flat. Darnold put it right over defender (in extremely tight coverage) for the score. Rookie having a good day #Jets

1 retweet2 likes

tenor-2.gif

29 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Another dime from Darnold, drops one over the shoulder to Flowers for the TD, offense goes nuts, McCown kicks a pylon over #JetsCamp #Jets

This sounds good on multiple levels.  Obviously the kid playing well, but if I'm reading that correctly, seems like McCown is handling this situation like a champ.

Sounds like he's joking around, pretending he's pissed Sam is looking good enough to take the #1 gig.  If that's the case, his 10mil paycheck this season is well worth it, even if he doesn't play. 

It's like McCown is prepared to start if needed, but he's also doing what he can to help Sam, while actually somewhat rooting for the kid to take his job.

Leo was a beast today, Darnold really good on the move, some of those throws today would have never happened though in a live game as he was sacked because the line kept getting blown up.

Very disappointed in the pace of practice my sons 8U hockey team practices at a much quicker pace, guys don’t even hustle to the next drill, but I think this is the norm around the league now a days which explains the sh*t play for the first 5-6 weeks across the league.

29 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Spirited goal line session inside. Good back and forth that included a pair of Darnold scoring passes -the second was a pretty one on the run to TE Clive Waldorf. #JetsCamp

I wonder if that Clive Waldorf has a shot to make the team!  The TE position is wide open!

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Antonio Brown/Jarvis Landry and Tyreke Hill returns punts. I don't love the idea, but it's not crazy. 

Not a fair comparison.  Tyreek Hill is at least 165 lbs!

FWIW, I am not in love with Anderson returning punts, but mostly because I do not imagine he would be very good about it.  Punt returns are more wiggle and less speed. OTOH, even if we don't plan to have him as the main return man, it makes sense to have guys that will be active on game day prepared, in case of injury of somebody getting a case of the fumbles ala Jalen Saunders.  

18 minutes ago, Drums said:

He seems to be getting better every day. I remember reading or hearing that he was the most efficient QB out of the top few in the Red zone and that showed today. How often over the past dozen QBs have we driven down the field only to settle for field goals? 

Everyday and not twice on Sunday. Usually 4 or 5 times on Sunday.

1 hour ago, JMJ said:

If you watch this video, Darnold and McCown take the snap at the same time.  Look how much faster McCown gets set, gets rid of the ball, and how much sooner the receiver on his side who is running the same route at the same depth makes the catch.

Not a knock on Darnold, I'm pumped to have him.  But this is why (most likely) McCown is going to start.  Every split second counts in the NFL and it takes time to make these adjustments and play at the game speed the NFL requires.

No offense but you're not watching close enough. The split second difference is bc McCown and Darnold are both faking a handoff but Darnold is faking to his opposite hand. Then he has to turn 180 degrees to get set to throw. McCown doesn't have to do all of that footwork. That turn takes a second to make. Darnold might actually have been quicker of they were doing the same movements. That's what I saw anyway.

45 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The #3 RB job is being served up to him on a golden platter!  With Rawls hurt and dropping passes, and McGuire out until sometime in September there's an easy path for Cannon to not only make the 53-man roster but to significantly contribute.

Or maybe Bruce Harper?  Just sayin'...  Maybe I'm showing my age.

29 minutes ago, Drums said:

this is what stood out about the 2015 team...    we were scoring Tds on the regular

33 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Leo was a beast today, Darnold really good on the move, some of those throws today would have never happened though in a live game as he was sacked because the line kept getting blown up.

Very disappointed in the pace of practice my sons 8U hockey team practices at a much quicker pace, guys don’t even hustle to the next drill, but I think this is the norm around the league now a days which explains the sh*t play for the first 5-6 weeks across the league.

And 90+ and humid.  Much cooler on the ice.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I think people are kidding themselves if they think this kid isn’t starting from Day 1.

For either McCown or Teddy to start, they’d need to show that they’re basically head and shoulders above him at this time.

And that sure as sh*t hasn’t been the case so far.

Maybe that changes when the pre-season games start, but I seriously doubt it.

There’s a reason why Darnold was the consensus #1 QB in this draft for 16-18 months straight.

All I can say is thank God for the Browns and Giants.

The football gods finally smiled down on the Jets for a change instead of kicking them square in the balls.

Archived