Report: Four Teams Making Serious bid for Khalil Mack, Jets Included?

JetNation

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well if it happens this year it will be within the next week or so.

You’ll wanna get him on the team before Week 1. Oakland also doesn’t want him to sit out in real games.

No chance he sits out more than one game.   13.8 million dollars is tough to walk a way from.    Raiders are going to have a pass rush with , or without K Mack .

With him their defensive line has a chance to be something special.    Can keep rotating fresh bodies all game.   

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two first-round picks for Mack would be an irresponsible thing to do. The team has too many holes to fill and is far from being one player away from being a contender. I don't even think Mack would make our defense elite. He would just be subject to double teams on every play. If Maccagnan doesn't realize that, he's an idiot. If he does a deal like that he goes into the trash bin along with Tannenbaum, Bradway and Idzik as far as I'm concerned.

6 hours ago, slats said:

Glenn has the Jets potentially throwing in their 2020 #1 as well. So Bridgewater and a #1 for 27-year-old Mack, and another #1 the following year for a 28-year-old Mack, all for the right to pay him @ $20M/year. He's also suggesting we front-load that, too. No chance Khalil is unhappy with his contract down the road when he's earning "considerably" less, right? It's not like he's had a contract dispute before. 

He's certainly a talented player, but that's a lot to give up in money, picks, and an asset for a big potential headache, too. 

yep.  i think that price is way too high.  i suspect the time frame for mack is around another 3 seasons.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Of course they wouldn't but don't tell john gruden that.

The Raiders will get a backup Qb - Gruden likes his Qb to have mobility .  I could see one of the Packers backup Qb filling that role with the Raiders.( similar offense ) .    Not that either Packer backup   Qb excites me,  but  that Gruden MO- what he's looking for.( where I expect the backup to come from).

Donald Penn has missed all offseason recovering from linsfranc injury late in the season last year.  He had only two practices , it's understandable he has to get in shape.    Just that his movement didn't look right. Still favoring the leg, as he look like he was playing on egg shells.

Mack has no leverage, not sure what his end game is. He is already under contract this yr with his 5th yr option for 13.85million. Raiders can franchise him next year if they want also. He needs to show up by week 10 or he will not get credit for this season, plus he will lose almost 1million per game he sits out in regular season. 

If I were jets I would not trade for him. Already have no second rounder next year and badly need a LT and other oline. The draft next year is deep in pass rushers and o-line plus Shane Ray and Fowler will be FA next yr. Will have enough money to sign both of them if want and then can draft LT in round 1. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

All this knowledge from a guy who claims not to've watched a game after week two last year. 

Here's some more knowledge - Al Davis on his death bed made Mark Davis promise never to,give the Jets anything good . ( except a Doug Jolley ) I think his exact words were son  F the Jets

12 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Mack has no leverage, not sure what his end game is. He is already under contract this yr with his 5th yr option for 13.85million. Raiders can franchise him next year if they want also. He needs to show up by week 10 or he will not get credit for this season, plus he will lose almost 1million per game he sits out in regular season. 

If I were jets I would not trade for him. Already have no second rounder next year and badly need a LT and other oline. The draft next year is deep in pass rushers and o-line plus Shane Ray and Fowler will be FA next yr. Will have enough money to sign both of them if want and then can draft LT in round 1. 

You're not sure of his end game?  His end game is not to play and risk injury until he obtains a market value contract.  Pretty sure he thinks his market value is $20M+.  Force a trade to someone that will pay it.  Sounds like he is getting close. 

1 minute ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

No really. Ban yourself please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are my prediction for K Mack 1. He will not be traded this year.( 2019 NFL draft) 2 k Mack will be back no later than week two.( not walking away from 13. 8 million) 3.  If he eventually gets traded it won't be to an Afc team.( team in NFC) .

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

You guys are nuts! You wouldn't give up 2 1st rounders for Mack? I would. Chances are we're picking in that mid range again, did you guys look at that list of our 1st rounders the last 8 years? 

They're just bodies & most are already gone! Kyle Wilson, Quinton Coples, Dee Milliner, Richardson, Wilkerson, and on & on. We have enough cap space to fill out the team even after trading for Mack. 

People here have been complaining about drafting Adams & Maye because there were like 5 veteran safeties available in the offseason. You get Mack, Jets could just concentrate on the Oline. Look at the 1st rounders in the Darron Lee draft, would it have been horrible to not have a pick that year? If you have a chance to draft a top 3 defensive beast at a position of need you do it if it's possible. If you know what you know now you would trade Calvin Pryor, Mo Wilkerson, Quinton Coples & Sheldon Richardson for Khalil Mack! 

What if the problem is not the players being drafted but the coaching and scheme this HC employs. Remember guys like Wilk , Richardson and even Pryor were rated very highly. What if we dump 2 #'s  , Teddy and a sh*t ton of $ and Mack comes here and plays slightly better than Lee - than what .

What if the problem is not the players being drafted but the coaching and scheme this HC employs. Remember guys like Wilk , Richardson and even Pryor were rated very highly. What if we dump 2 #'s  , Teddy and a sh*t ton of $ and Mack comes here and plays slightly better than Lee - than what .

Then we know it was Bowles and he gets canned once and for all.

1 minute ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Then we know it was Bowles and he gets canned once and for all.

And the next HC/GM is handcuffed w/o #1 picks for two years. I'd love to see Mack as a Jet but not tat the price being thrown around.

17 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And the next HC/GM is handcuffed w/o #1 picks for two years. I'd love to see Mack as a Jet but not tat the price being thrown around.

Yea cuz, I can't wait to watch the 2019 draft & see another Pryor, Milliner, Lee, get drafted. Even if the took an olineman at say #10, do you think he starts right away at LT? You guys are putting way too much weight into 1st round picks. There's 53 guys on a roster.

This team has too many holes to fill with limited draft capital to make a move where we will have to give up multiple picks, possibly Teddy, AND sign him to a massive contract. Even with all of our cap space, I don't believe we are in a position, nor is our team at the stage to make such a move. Mack is a top 3 Edge player in all of football, and will singlehandedly fix a problem that has been festering for years, but the price is too steep. Hypothetically speaking if he was a FA I would sign him to a massive deal, but to give up at least 1, probably multiple 1st rounders is not a thing we can afford to do right now IMO.

Assuming we are indeed one of the 4 teams, I wonder who the other 3 are?

37 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

That's a fair point. It would certainly make it difficult for the next GM and perhaps unappealing.

This team drafts terribly. You can't fire Macc he just got Sam Darnold. I think trading two # 1's for Mack is great. Macc won't have to worry about the QB position, Safety, CB, ILB and edge rusher next off-season. More time for him to find some offensive lineman.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Yea cuz, I can't wait to watch the 2019 draft & see another Pryor, Milliner, Lee, get drafted. Even if the took an olineman at say #10, do you think he starts right away at LT? You guys are putting way too much weight into 1st round picks. There's 53 guys on a roster.

And how often do guys like this get traded/signed or picked in FA and end up performing way below previous standards.  If the price wasn't so steep it would be worth a risk. But not when we're talking potential multiple 1st round picks +.

58 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This team drafts terribly. You can't fire Macc he just got Sam Darnold. I think trading two # 1's for Mack is great. Macc won't have to worry about the QB position, Safety, CB, ILB and edge rusher next off-season. More time for him to find some offensive lineman.

And next year we'd hear if only Bowles had that stud DT the D would be top notch.  Sooner or later the supposed defensive mastermind has to make do with only 7 #1 picks on D.

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And how often do guys like this get traded/signed or picked in FA and end up performing way below previous standards.  If the price wasn't so steep it would be worth a risk. But not when we're talking potential multiple 1st round picks +.

Because Mack has balled out since he got drafted. His presence on the edge forces teams to change their blocking schemes which makes it easier for other defenders. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Because Mack has balled out since he got drafted. His presence on the edge forces teams to change their blocking schemes which makes it easier for other defenders. 

And your assuming that his previous production will just carry over to the Jets scheme and approach to D.

I remember when the Pats signed Vince Willfork and how that was going to make them an all world defense. And that was a team that usually knows to scheme and get the most of their players.

Archived