Captain decal on jersey

tfine

2 minutes ago, tfine said:

Seems like we are the only team without the Captain decals. I know we had them under Rex and the media made him take them away. It’ll be cool to have them again. What do you guys think?

The media made him take them away? 

43 minutes ago, David Harris said:

We had to retire them after Santonio Holmes

my guess is they’ll bust them out next year to Sam, Jamal  & Leonard Williams  ( after we Re-sign him to a Long term contract... i hope  ? ) 

fixed ^ ^..

?   

Another example of Rex Ryan's  ham handed (literally?) Legacy.  He ASSIGNED the Captain designation to Sanchez and Holmes instead of having the team decide, to bolster Marks fragile psyche and.....nebulous reasons.....for Santonio? 

Haven't  seen them on a Jets Jersey since. The media didnt make them doing anything. Rex was so embarrassed and enraged by yet another of his wacky schemes backfiring, HE wouldn't let anyone be listed as Captain.  

Time to fix that, Todd.

14 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

They just need to make sure the players pick the captains this time, and not some buffoon (Rex) who thinks it’s a good idea to bestow the honor on a locker room cancer like Santonio Holmes. 

Yep

I personally could care less. I'm not against it by any means, but it's so far off of my radar that I haven't thought of it since the Rex /Santonio experiment. My mental bandwidth isn't what it used to be. Gotta be careful what  I allow my mind to focus on. The letter C on a Jersey?  meh 

I don't like the whole captain on the jersey nonsense. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick don't need no "C" on their jersey or hoodie in order for N.E to understand who their captains are. 

I want guys like Sam and Jamal to earn their leadership status by their on field play, locker room presence and off the field character not a damn letter on a jersey. 

It's a roster of 53 men. One team and one goal right? Why make others feel indifferent or not as valuable as a couple of guys with a captain obvious letter C on their jerseys? 

I personally think it's lame duck. 

Archived