With The 3rd Pick In The 2019 NFL Draft The New York Jets Select

New York Mick

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

There’s DEs, OLBs and OL available in FA. Hopefully the new FO is smart enough to get both and draft the best OL in the draft. This team needs more then just one OL. 

Name me the legit Edge Rusher who will be a UFA

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Guys like Ferrell are like williams, they’re not going to be high sack guys.  

Don’t see anyone trading up to 3 since there aren’t many QB’s to trade up for. Ferrell not as highly sought as some of the other DL players coming out. At 3, the pick will be either Allen, Jonah, Taylor, Oliver, Rashan, or Q Williams. 

If they can’t trade up to get Bosa, then they take Jonah Williams if he’s still on the board.

Otherwise, they might trade down. No worries, Vernon Gholston or Quinton Coples are not available. Nope.

Dee Millener anyone? 

This is where a good GM makes his bones.

Question is, can Maccagnan possibly do worse than previous regimes?

3 minutes ago, The_Jet_Nation said:

If they can’t trade up to get Bosa, then they take Jonah Williams if he’s still on the board.

Otherwise, they might trade down. No worries, Vernon Gholston or Quinton Coples are not available. Nope.

Dee Millener anyone? 

This is where a good GM makes his bones.

Question is, can Maccagnan possibly do worse than previous regimes?

Yeah every edge rusher is now Gholston just like every first round OT is Ereck Flowers 

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

Don’t see anyone trading up to 3 since there aren’t many QB’s to trade up for. Ferrell not as highly sought as some of the other DL players coming out. At 3, the pick will be either Allen, Jonah, Taylor, Oliver, Rashan, or Q Williams. 

Allen is my top choice at 3

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

After failing to trade down the New York Jets select  

OT - Johan Williams, Alabama 

4C9291C8-E6CA-4044-A21F-BFFCACBD8587.jpeg

Really want to see how he looks against that Clemson defensive front next week; but as of now, I would be okay with this.

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

And the Jets have pretty much proven that unless you get a Donald, these "best player in the draft" defensive lineman dont move the bar at all for the team. Darnold is priority 1, 2, 3 4 and 5. Trade down and let someone else get the low impact "best player in the draft". Frickin learn from history

Football is a team sport, no one player besides qb is going to drastically change a teams record. As for trading down, Haskins is the only top qb and you would figure they would trade with either 49ers or Cardinals. As for bpa, if your down on Leonard Williams, you have to remember that was a weak draft class. Quinnen Williams is getting some Suh/Donald comparisons in terms of talent. This is a really deep defensive line draft and Williams is pretty much considered the best defensive lineman. Not comparable to Leonard Williams.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Really want to see how he looks against that Clemson defensive front next week; but as of now, I would be okay with this.

We can only hope that mccagnan now realizes that he’s got to invest premium picks in the OL b/c his job will also be in jeopardy if darnold is getting crushed like Andrew luck was 2 years ago.

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Mawae, Damien Woody, Brandon Moore were all signed in free agency.  The Rams upgraded their OL signing Andrew Whitworth two years ago and he’s been all pro

So go ahead and dismiss Matt Paradis, Trent Brown, Mike Iupati etc as JAGs

Brandon Moore, unless I'm mistaken, was NOT signed in FA by the NYJ.  The NYJ converted him from a DL to OG after he went as an UDFA

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Seriously? 

A1103C62-0C27-41D4-A29A-DAFFCEFB346C.png

51C1705F-6A07-4210-AE80-3C63E7759B94.png

Appreciate the google effort but here it goes The only names on that list worth even discussing:

Lawrence - franchise tag

Ansah - huge injury risk and doesn’t fit the 3-4

Wake - franchise tag

Fowler - sucks and is a headcase, id be open to signing him but he’s not solving our pass rush problems by himself 

Clowney - franchise tag

Ford - franchise tag

Orakpo - 1.5 sacks this year, he’s a name now that’s about it

Ray - sucks

Barrett - sucks

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

We can only hope that mccagnan now realizes that he’s got to invest premium picks in the OL b/c his job will also be in jeopardy if darnold is getting crushed like Andrew luck was 2 years ago.

Yup.  OL and Weapons.  Then more OL and more weapons.  This offseason needs to be built around putting Sam in a position to succeed.  Nothing else even comes close.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

That and the combine can make or break him. If he’s a beast at both he’ll be a top 2 pick. He can also drop out of the top 10 if he ****s up. I’m thinking he’ll be a beast. 

55 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

And the Jets have pretty much proven that unless you get a Donald, these "best player in the draft" defensive lineman dont move the bar at all for the team. Darnold is priority 1, 2, 3 4 and 5. Trade down and let someone else get the low impact "best player in the draft". Frickin learn from history

Learn from history?   But what if we hadn't drafted Dwayne Robertson Mohammed wilkerson sheldon Richardson Leonard Williams?  we never would have all of this success. 

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Trade the pick to some QB hungry team for their 1 and #2. I think filling up that vacant two pick is important.

Problem there is to who? Not many top QB’s coming out so the supply is nearly barren.  Teams that pick after us all have QB’s.  Raiders, Giants (who will not trade with us), Lions, Bucs, Bills in fact, the only team that possibly would trade up would be the Jag who pick 9th and they could wait until after 3 to make a trade. And there will be many veteran QB’s available to be had through trade or FA. There’s going to be a lot of moves made in the QB position by numerous teams. Eli, Stafford, Tannenhill, Foles could switch teams off the top of my head. Sadly, A trade back seems very unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’s a beast but the last thing the Jets need to do is draft a ******* DL when the offense is so bad. 

Not a good year for top talent in offense. Jonah Williams doesn't have ideal length for LT, he might end up as a guard/RT. 2020 is the year for top talent in wr, though this is a pretty deep draft for wr when selecting in 2nd/3rd round.

Edit: Though the TE class is looking pretty great too.

50 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Mawae, Damien Woody, Brandon Moore were all signed in free agency.  The Rams upgraded their OL signing Andrew Whitworth two years ago and he’s been all pro

So go ahead and dismiss Matt Paradis, Trent Brown, Mike Iupati etc as JAGs

You get an exceptional OL in free agency and you're burning a huge chunk of your cap. The value is in drafting and extending a high end OL. Far more sensible and financially responsible. 

I expect Bosa and Allen to go 1,2 and thats fine with me as I am hoping to switch to a 4-3.  Consequently Id flip a coin on Quinnen Williams and Derrick Brown.  Then I sign Frank Clark and Branden Graham as a FAs.

My 2019 Roster (not incl depth)

QB Sam Darnold

RB Isiah Crowell

RB Tevin Coleman  FA

RB Bilal Powell

RB Trenton Cannon

TE Chris Herndon

TE Jordan Leggett

TE Levine Toilolo FA

LT Jake Fisher  FA

LG Brian Winters

C Matt Paradis   FA

RG  Spencer Long

RT Kelvin Beachum

WR Robby Anderson

WR Quincy Enuwa

WR Adam Humphries  FA

WR  John Brown FA

DE Frank Clark   FA

DT Quinnen Williams

DT Leonard Williams

DE Brandon Graham  FA

OLB Darron Lee

MLB Avery Williamson

OLB Draft Pick

CB Trumaine Johnson

CB Rashard Robinson/Draft Pick

S Jamaal Adams

S Marcus Maye

Hows that look?

3 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Not a good year for top talent in offense. Jonah Williams doesn't have ideal length for LT, he might end up as a guard/RT. 2020 is the year for top talent in wr, though this is a pretty deep draft for wr when selecting in 2nd/3rd round.

If Williams ends up at RT or OG and is solid I have zero problem with drafting him at 3. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If Williams ends up at RT or OG and is solid I have zero problem with drafting him at 3. 

If you keep darnold upright he will make jags look good.  He’s making guys like Burnett and roberts look like nfl wrs.  

Makes no sense to me why we would trade so much for a qb and then draft DL when the qb is getting pummeled.  

7 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

You get an exceptional OL in free agency and you're burning a huge chunk of your cap. The value is in drafting and extending a high end OL. Far more sensible and financially responsible. 

Our OLine is so mediocre at so many positions that we need to do both, draft and hit FA.

I WISH our issue was that we only needed one key guy on the OLine...or even two.  But our biggest issue, similar to our WRs is that we have a lot mediocrity across the board.  A bunch of guys hovering just below average.  That's a hard problem to fix.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Me too.

We need both of those positions as well though. lol

So if he's a starting LT, RT or OG he'll have a place on the Jets.....but it certainly wouldn't have been worth the #3 pick.

It's why we should wait for 2020. Reports are saying that class is much better then this year in terms of oline.

Archived