Gase Fired

Vudu

Drake and Gore had similar rushing attempts, Drake was used in the passing game got his touches there.  Drake, ran for 4.5 per this year, Gore 4.6. 

Gore also averaged under 3 YPC in 6 of 14 games. He had 36 more rushes than Drake despite missing the last 2 1/2 games, so that number would have been substantially higher.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Dolphins fans are thrilled he is gone.  They think he was terrible.  His nickname among Dolphin fans is "weasel-face"

Maybe a decent OC, but he was a HC failure in Miami.

Thanks for the substantive arguments for why Gase is terrible 

Just now, Philc1 said:

Thanks for the substantive arguments for why Gase is terrible 

His W-L record and unpopularity with everyone there should speak volumes.  Beware.    Probably a very bad and very Jetsy choice.  Pass.  Gase has sucked ass in Miami.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Who cares what they want? Most jets fans defended Bowles until it became completely obvious he sucked and they defended Macagnan until about 2 months ago

pass.  Gase probably better OC then HC.  He blew it in Miami.

Just now, Dcat said:

His W-L record and unpopularity with everyone there should speak volumes.  Beware.    Probably a very bad and very Jetsy choice.  Pass.  Gase has sucked ass in Miami.

Made the playoffs a year ago with total garbage qbs, made Osweiler look decent this year

So he should have done better than 23-25, 1 playoff appearance with Tannehill, Moore, Osweiler and an overall mediocre roster?

Just now, Philc1 said:

Made the playoffs a year ago with total garbage qbs, made Osweiler look decent this year

So he should have done better than 23-25, 1 playoff appearance with Tannehill, Moore, Osweiler and an overall mediocre roster?

yes.  Pass.  Maybe for OC, but even with that he is a liability.  

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's such a vast difference between being a good coordinator and being a good HC.  You suddenly go from asking a guy to coach technique and draw up gameplans on one side of the ball to asking him to be the CEO of the team. 

It's like asking your best car mechanic to suddenly manage the shop.  Does he know how to manage people and tasks, or is he just a really, really awesome mechanic with no people skills, no leadership skills, and no ability to see the big picture?

Gase is a great OC.  Terrible HC.  And it's the risk you take whenever you hire a really good coordinator.  So many of these guys get Peter Principle'd and its so clear when it happens. 

Fascinating how these brilliant football minds just fall flat on their face when becoming HC. You nailed it. Motivating, inspiring and bringing out the best of players is a unique skill. It’s why the SB trophy is named after Vince Lombardi, a football coach who was asked to run as Vice President.  Lombardi, as was Parcells, was beloved by his players. Guys like this were special leaders. Mac must find a special leader. 

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It's great that he works so well with QB's.  That's why he'll land on his feet fairly quickly elsewhere.

But if the 52 other guys on the roster hate you, you simply can't be a HC in this league.  Stick with being an OC and he'll have a long, successful NFL career. 

I don't know if he really alienates people. He tries to get rid of players not with the program and that alienates them. And you have to do that sometimes it creates enemies. If Gase is selected there are probably guys on this team fans like who he'll try to get rid of. 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

MacDaddy will get locked on 1 guy whom he has a "connection" with and we'll get stuck with someone who'll watch his back in the press and be

unimpressive as a coach! I see the writing on the wall

I just can’t believe this dunce, who can’t even pick his nose, is going to pick the next HC.  I can’t believe he gets another draft.  I can’t believe he gets a 5th YEAR when the roster is in worse shape than it was on his first day.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's great that he works so well with QB's.  That's why he'll land on his feet fairly quickly elsewhere.

But if the 52 other guys on the roster hate you, you simply can't be a HC in this league.  Stick with being an OC and he'll have a long, successful NFL career. 

Yeah let’s hire another quiet fuzzy teddy bear who the players and owners love like Bowles 

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I just can’t believe this dunce, who can’t even pick his nose, is going to pick the next HC.  I can’t believe he gets another draft.  I can’t believe he gets a 5th YEAR when the roster is in worse shape than it was on his first day.

We’re either getting Defilippo or some unknown from the Texans staff.

If Mac uses the third pick overall on a Right Tackle and strikes out again in free agency enjoy 1-15 next season and the year after and year after

Archived